Ren'Py - Abandoned - Lovely Sails [v0.4.1B] [SnowShoes]

1. 5.00 star(s)

GadorDev

I liked this game. The animation is good for now and the collection system is difficult at certain times. For me this game is good 5 stars I have not played this game 100% yet since I always create a new save to test the game for years of experience with adult games, hentai games I still see some defects not bug but defects that could leave the easy game but this and minority for now the difficulty of the game in makes it challenging to play and makes them want to learn how the game works and not only by the +18 content of it.

PS: I am Brazilian so my English may contain errors sorry for this
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.3.1c...

This is a highly grindy management game, that takes forever to get to any new material, let alone any erotic content...

The visuals of the characters are all 2D hand drawn, sort of Japanimation inspired style, and decent looking... The backdrops are not many, and are average in quality... The UI has a lot of things showing, as there is a lot of mechanics to this game... Not a fan of the navigation slinging you back to the starting spot at the beginning of each day...

The script is decent, but there really isn't a whole lot of story text... It is comprised mostly of repeating short conversations with each character... With only one choice per conversation being the correct one to progress the heart relationship with that character... The plot revolves around a male protagonist who along with some classmates, his sister, some teachers, and a ship employee get marooned on a jungle island, when their cruise ship sinks...

The game play consists of a LOT of micromanagement of resources, tasks, building, etc... Along with also relationship building... Some things rely on random stuff occurring, and it takes an eternity to open up new content beyond the repeating conversations... You also have to build up the protagonists skill levels, keep track of your health and the health of the other characters, and lots of other micro-management... The hunting and foraging involve mini-games which are annoying after having done them dozens of times... Especially the hunting mini-game...

Overall, this feels a lot less like an erotic/adult game, and a lot more like just a basic micromanagement and social interaction simulator... Food is a key element to survival, so the annoying hunting and foraging are a necessity and feel like a big waste of time sometimes... You have to be so quick and agile, and lucky to get food and other resources... As a basic game, it's alright, and I'm sure some folks will love it... But for me, it was such a huge time killer, and takes so darn long to get to meaningful content, that I just gave up after a couple hours...

There is a lack of any depth to the game, and I didn't feel I was being rewarded for my stubbornness in attempting to accomplish tasks and relationship building to get anywhere with any of the characters, outside of their repeating conversations... I wasted so much time grinding out everything, trying to get to content of any meaning and/or depth, that I just got completely bored... And I know this game is still in the throws of development... Will I revisit it? Perhaps once it's a lot deeper into development...