Status
Not open for further replies.

Mehixan

May 29, 2017
Alright, so I got Chiitrans translating English with Google and it seems to work fairly well. Haven't had a problem with understanding what's being said, that is.

Download but you don't need to extract the whole file. Go into the "www" file, then the "js" file, then replace the translators.js and translators.coffee (not to be confused with the translat(ion).js) files in your normal chiitrans folder with the new ones. Open up chiitrans and click the options cogwheel on the bottom left. Go down to translation, then hit the "additional translators" button. Make sure that only Google is in the left window, then apply. Now follow the instructions of the original post and you should have beautiful, if not a bit broken, English. I'd recommend keeping the translation display on "both". Not only does it tell you what is currently being displayed, so you know it's correct. But, it also fixed an issue I had with nothing being displayed on the translator tab.
This Fixed the Google server problem for me thank you.

Edit: The google translator seems to be much better, thats not saying much since thare both broken shit english, just that googles is a more understandble.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrispJr

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
Is the translation of this game via Atlas V14 and chiitrans worth it? Because 'I've used this method with Oyako Lesson and it doesn't make sense at all, I'd even dare to say that I prefer those translations that mention "get cancer" instead of those of this program, which mentions the words "excretion" and "vomit" as if we were talking about something as common as a greeting.

Wugga

Aug 6, 2016
Is the translation of this game via Atlas V14 and chiitrans worth it? Because 'I've used this method with Oyako Lesson and it doesn't make sense at all, I'd even dare to say that I prefer those translations that mention "get cancer" instead of those of this program, which mentions the words "excretion" and "vomit" as if we were talking about something as common as a greeting.
It's not a bad game and would probably be one of the top games (at least RPGMaker) with an good english translation. As long as you have the Wiki open on google translate this game is worth it. BTW I recommend following some of the advice on this page, updating chiitrans and using google instead of Atlas. The google translations are for the most part way better than Atlas.

Been working the various marriages and plan to upload some of those saves. I have about 3 (Lind, Kay, and Mom) of them done.

Reactions: ponyguy

Wugga

Aug 6, 2016
BTW Here's some maps

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I will do a quick and dirty translation to at least point out where the different routes/towns come from.

Reactions: ponyguy

Wugga

Aug 6, 2016
That map doesn't seem accurate anymore...or you're missing the capital to the northwest.
They are field maps that connect the different towns for the most part. The Capital is on a different mapset. It's located after crossing the northen bridge and following the western road to the map's edge.

On the second map the Capital is located on the north eastern road on the very top.

Tanagashima

May 4, 2017
can someone explain how this works? i downloaded the translation app but theres no app to click on to run in the download. i looked everywhere and theres no chiitrans.exe or anything

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
Just follow the steps of the installation, they are on the first page.

On a sidenote, sometimes an .exe disappears whenever your antivirus flags it as dangerous.

Installation (IMPORTANT):

1- Download the game from MEGA

2- Download a TL program called Chiitrans, download (Click download ZIP archive under Binaries on the left side)

3- Extract the game out of it's folder to wherever you want and feel free to extract chiitrans to desktop since you could use it for other games in Japanese really

4- Run Chiitrans, then click on the folder in the top right and then find your game.exe which is inside the LLMB folder and select it, then click Connect

5- If you don't have your locale set to japanese a prompt like this will show up
View attachment 5565

Select UseAppLocale and click OK, if you don't do this your game will run with corrupted text aka gibrish letters that is not a form of written letters whatsoever.

6- When chiitrans autostarts the game you will be faced with the game window, chiitrans TL window, and the text extractor, the text extractor will have boxes you can check, go to options in the text extractor and check the "Do Not Capture Text Without Japanese" option, then go to options>Translations>Additional Translators>ATLAS,then click apply

7- Now, click on "new game" in the game, click the first option and let the first wall of text come up that explains some story, go to your text extractor and in the bottom right click the box and select "smart filtering" then uncheck EVERY BOX EXCEPT ONE OF THE DUPLICATES THAT SHOULD BE AT THE TOP like so:
View attachment 5566

8- Now, go back to your game and keep going a few boxes, if some things automatically get checked just uncheck and it will eventually just leave you with the box you only checked, aka the box that should have JUST the in game text.

9- restart your game and enjoy the automatically adjusted settings of chiitrans (it will now save your settings so your TL starts up automatically and you can read everything in english)

10- Play!

Tanagashima

May 4, 2017
Just follow the steps of the installation, they are on the first page.

On a sidenote, sometimes an .exe disappears whenever your antivirus flags it as dangerous.
I did follow the guide I downloaded from the link with ZIP but theres no way for me to run chiitranslation. Is it hidden in a folder somewhere or is it in the main folder if its in the main folder the app doesnt exist for me.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
will you be able to understand anything from the mtl? because the last machine translated game i tried (Son of a bitch!) gave me a headache.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
well i sort of got it working but how do i get it to translate choices? iv been checking and unchecking boxes for like 20 minutes now...

Wugga

Aug 6, 2016
Here some quick map edits. I mostly did the directional stuff, some of the event and girl locations, and some other stuff. I mostly did main quest stuff so places dealing with side quests are something I've haven't done yet. I'll update as I keep playing. If someone wants to edit some of the stuff and reupload here they can go ahead.

Last edited:

CrispJr

Aug 7, 2016
Here some quick map edits. I mostly did the directional stuff, some of the event and girl locations, and some other stuff. I mostly did main quest stuff so places dealing with side quests are something I've haven't done yet. I'll update as I keep playing. If someone wants to edit some of the stuff and reupload here they can go ahead.
"NTR-Event and Fat Chick" gave me a chuckle for some reason.

Reactions: Ocdil and ponyguy
Mar 26, 2017
OK,
All of you WRONG, WRONG, ..BAD PUPPIES ! :(
Use ATLAS v14 with VNR to actually embed the text into running game.
It has issue with combat text so, when in combat turn it off by it´s overlay stop button->

For dummies ->
VNR has implemented text hooks, that can hook game text, and by using default vnr game hook you can replace japanesse text real-time in game when playing.
(It has many other amazing features too.)
Tutorial

Screen to label:
Visual Novel Reader way

Mehixan

May 29, 2017
OK,
All of you WRONG, WRONG, ..BAD PUPPIES ! :(
Use ATLAS v14 with VNR to actually embed the text into running game.
It has issue with combat text so, when in combat turn it off by it´s overlay stop button->

For dummies ->
VNR has implemented text hooks, that can hook game text, and by using default vnr game hook you can replace japanesse text real-time in game when playing.
(It has many other amazing features too.)
Tutorial

Screen to label:
Visual Novel Reader way
Ight thats cool.
Csn you use google translate instead? I really prefer its translation over atlas.

Mar 26, 2017
Yeah you can, but it´s gonna be slow, unless you find offline version.
You can do around 2 queries/sec in google translate, but atlas is around 200/400 queries per sec.
You can configure that.

Status
Not open for further replies.