Ren'Py Looking to overcome the one final roadblock; backgrounds.

Yone31

Sep 4, 2021
Hi! I'm a (hopefully) budding adult VN developer, with a few ideas I want to develop. I am fairly proficient at RenPy and have experience working on past projects, but I suck at art. I use Koikatsu for character sprites/sex scenes, but I sadly haven't found any good resource for backgrounds, and due to conversion rates there is no shot I can commission an artist for the backgrounds and all the variations. I'm not asking for anything too specific; just modern backgrounds for the generic Japanese countryside.

So, any recommendations/tips/help is appreciated. Cheers, friends.

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
.....use ai?
...like fr....if it's just for the backgrounds.....just use ai....and have fun makin whatever background u want....instead of tryin to find one that fits.....
...good luck with ur game....

Yone31

Sep 4, 2021
.....use ai?
Solid advice. I would (Not like I plan on selling the game or setting up a Patreon— It's just a for fun project) but I don't know any AI fit for the job, since I've never really used the things. Any recommendations?

...good luck with ur game....
Thanks! I hope you give it a go when/if it comes out.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Lerd0

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Yone31

Here's a super quick example using a free website. Also can do a lot more if you install one locally, but that takes a bit of time and effort.

1711415654724.png

Some output examples after running the above prompt several times:

1711415920399.png

1711415944459.png