Tool Looking for room design tool

simi00

Aug 28, 2023
I'm looking for a simple room design tool (something like SweetHome3D) where I can add different furniture and see the result in 3D. The result should be downloadable as an image that I can use as a background in my VN. I need to create my own rooms, e.g. bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, ... Can anyone recommend me something?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Any scene editor will do (3dsmax, Blender, ...) despite being 3d modellers, you can simply import render ready models from elsewhere (archive3d, turbosquid, ...) and just design your room with modular pieces with little to no modelling required.
If you do not want to do that, then your next best solution is using room design tools, specifically made for that task such as

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
Any scene editor will do (3dsmax, Blender, ...) despite being 3d modellers, you can simply import render ready models from elsewhere (archive3d, turbosquid, ...) and just design your room with modular pieces with little to no modelling required.
If you do not want to do that, then your next best solution is using room design tools, specifically made for that task such as
I know that wasnt your intention but the link you provided sends you to a service that doesnt even let you read the ToS with accepting first basically ;)

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I know that wasnt your intention but the link you provided sends you to a service that doesnt even let you read the ToS with accepting first basically ;)
I didn't design the app/website, can't fault me for odd choices. You can still read the Terms of Service without downloading or signing up, pressing agree before reading doesn't really change anything as if you do not agree, you can simply look for something else.
While I personally have never used it, it seems like a popular choice, but again, any scene editor will do.

You could even use Unity or Unreal Engine, while they are game engines, they can be used for other things as well.
There are plenty of realistic looking assets:

Reactions: simi00