QSP Looking for QQSP developers (not the language, the engine itself)

Ravemail

Apr 23, 2018
Hi everyone,
I've been fooling around with a bunch of QSP games and i as a result looked at what (i think) seems to be the most common engine:

Long story short, this repo had no commits in 3 years and i wonder if there is another active one or if any dev is around to give pointers for the codebase.

My first intention would be to add a "back" button to the qqsp player. As a result the user could go a step back in case of undesired results, without the need to rely on load/save.

For those who want to dive deep into my proposal:
I've been thinking of a hook in the C/C++ code, which is fired whenever the interpreter is advised to change a variable. These can be stored in an array with index/value pairs. If the player presses back, the engine would load the old values and this would re-instate the games previous state.
I the player does another input, the back-level index can be increased so the new variable changes aren't changed together with the old ones, if the user presses the back button once.

As a result, there would be a similar way of going back and forth like in html games.

Thanks for reading the wall and I'm looking forward to some advice ❤