Looking for a artist

duhwellman

Oct 29, 2017
I’m a writer looking for a artist for a massive project I’m working on. There will be a patreon and profits will be split 50/50. I really do need help with the graphics and the engine because I have no idea what I’m doing. If you are interested please shoot me a dm and I’ll get back asap.
Henry

U

User_920791

If you need someone's help in your game, you need to afford to pay in advance. Hardly anyone will want to take the risk of working hard on a project and not receiving anything (only a small portion of the projects/developers are successful using Patreon).

If you follow the and use a simplified tool like , you can create your project without needing other people.

U

User_920791

How much do you think I should pay
Without knowing the amount/type of renders/drawnings you will need and the level of detail that you consider ideal, it is impossible to say (not to mention that each artist can charge different values for the same service).

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
Duhwellman dont listen to this .. person. If youre a Very good writer and have other talents to put into the project youre easily as valuable as an artist or programmer. As long as you pull your weight. They way to pull someone in though is to give them the concept etc etc, your talents and convince them theyre not wasting their time. There are millions of artists, programmers et al out there who dont do it for a living or like funcd projects they do for love. you just have to convince them. But "hey..be an artist on this thing because i have an idea"wont work. I have fucktons of people who'd love me to program their game, or model their dream human or get their site in the top 10 on google. Im not doing it though unless they do the above

porcupyne13

May 26, 2017
Duhwellman dont listen to this .. person. If youre a Very good writer and have other talents to put into the project youre easily as valuable as an artist or programmer. As long as you pull your weight. They way to pull someone in though is to give them the concept etc etc, your talents and convince them theyre not wasting their time. There are millions of artists, programmers et al out there who dont do it for a living or like funcd projects they do for love. you just have to convince them. But "hey..be an artist on this thing because i have an idea"wont work. I have fucktons of people who'd love me to program their game, or model their dream human or get their site in the top 10 on google. Im not doing it though unless they do the above
like lancelotdulak said, make a good story. people will come to you. also splitting profits 50/50 with an artist doesn't help when yer trying to make a vidreo game...so the programmer gets nothing? probably shouldn't promise people money that u don't have.

U

User_920791

like lancelotdulak said, make a good story. people will come to you. also splitting profits 50/50 with an artist doesn't help when yer trying to make a vidreo game...so the programmer gets nothing? probably shouldn't promise people money that u don't have.
Time costs money. Unless it is a famous project that can help promote the work of the artist/programmer, only a few amateurs will accept to work for free or without any guarantee that they will receive payment. Most people already have their own personal projects to work on their free time, why would they work hundreds of hours on someone else's project without getting anything in return for it?

porcupyne13

May 26, 2017
Time costs money. Unless it is a famous project that can help promote the work of the artist/programmer, no one will accept to work for free or without any guarantee that they will receive payment. Most people already have their own personal projects to work on their free time, why would they work hundreds of hours on someone else's project without getting anything in return for it?
agreed? like lancelotdulak said...essentially, have a good story? people can work for a cut of the pie...personally, i owuldn't give any single artist, programmer, pateron, advertiser, hoster, or anything else more than 10% of anything...i'm sure u can find other reasons as to why u should keep your money too, like electricity to power your computer, internet fees just to access the internet, pen and paper to write down your ideas when inspiration hits, blah blah blah....

anyhow, in order to set yourself apart from others is to create a different story...god knows Japan and it's anime culture is full of alternate-world crap, and harems, and superheroes, and blah blah blah....yet, it still works regardless how generic the topic is...all because of story

reeclick

Feb 12, 2019
Time costs money. Unless it is a famous project that can help promote the work of the artist/programmer, only a few amateurs will accept to work for free or without any guarantee that they will receive payment. Most people already have their own personal projects to work on their free time, why would they work hundreds of hours on someone else's project without getting anything in return for it?
Probably because of the possibility or prospect of making money with it?
I'm a professional developer and I would work with other people on a project - for free - if I think the project has potential.
Of course, in most cases development then is a lot slower because the people who would work for the prospect of success could only do it in their freetime.

And there I agree with you, if it's someones job already to produce art for people, meaning income is dependent on this - I would also not just work for free of course.