Sep 18, 2018
Good first release!
Some constructive critisism:

Some strange dialog here and there.
The MC is kinda a big DICK in the first 5min, and is just really rude, and it does not really fit in to the rest of the dialog.
Also this part could use a slight tweak imho:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Animations are ok, a bit "doll like" on some of them.

But all in all, good supsense/story. Good amount of content for a first release, and it makes me want to come back and check out the next episode!
Good work!

*EDIT* Spoilers got removed for some reason, their back now tho

Bitter Strawman

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2019
Some strange dialog here and there.
The MC is kinda a big DICK in the first 5min, and is just really rude, and it does not really fit in to the rest of the dialog.
Noted. I'll do my best in the next episode.
Animations are ok, a bit "doll like" on some of them.
Uncanny valley is a bitch, but with software and hardware like that I have I cannot guarantee my animation skills will progress so rapidly. Still, I'll do my best as well.

SapphireBlaze

May 24, 2017
For some reason on the kazumi olga route, olga executes you after talking to monika even if you don't take the choice to bring up her daughter. Is she supposed to do that if you even remotely mention her daughter or is it a bug?

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
I really liked that even though there weren't many choices, the ones you got seemed to really matter and the person you are interacting with doesn't give away the "right" answer via facial expression or dialog most or all of the time. After peeking at the script, I'm not sure cataloging all choices in a numerical list is brazen confidence or a recipe for insanity, if this goes past, like, five updates.

Some of the renders were really good. A couple that weren't stood out and makes me ask if you are on the Daz public beta release and using the denoiser? If not, things like the noise in low light scenes, especially around (if I remember correctly) a florescent light would get smoothed right out after 600-800 iterations.

The MC being a cipher works in this story. MC and Elsa getting amnesia about Sebastian doesn't. I was also puzzled why MC didn't bat an eyelash over "superpowers". Might be part of the plot, or might be something to consider.

Anyway, I appreciated the very long 0.1. Good luck going forward.

Reactions: Bitter Strawman

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
Not sure how far I am into the game, but it just took a bizarre turn for no apparent reason:

note: I see in the comments above that there are some bugs in loading/reloading.
I haven't loaded or reloaded, just started playing the game and that's as far as I have gotten.

Bitter Strawman

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2019
For some reason on the kazumi olga route, olga executes you after talking to monika even if you don't take the choice to bring up her daughter. Is she supposed to do that if you even remotely mention her daughter or is it a bug?

Not sure how far I am into the game, but it just took a bizarre turn for no apparent reason:

note: I see in the comments above that there are some bugs in loading/reloading.
I haven't loaded or reloaded, just started playing the game and that's as far as I have gotten.
There were a bug with showing that scene without reason. Patch 1a actually fixes it. If you haven't downloaded patch archive or prepatched 1a edition (links are replaced for last 8 hours I guess) - you can download it here.
If you used patched edition and still got a problem - PM me your savegame, I will try to check the problem.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: L7Bear

SapphireBlaze

May 24, 2017
Huh it's actually working now. Don't know what happened there because I definitely did not go to diana first that run.

Bitter Strawman

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2019
I really liked that even though there weren't many choices, the ones you got seemed to really matter and the person you are interacting with doesn't give away the "right" answer via facial expression or dialog most or all of the time. After peeking at the script, I'm not sure cataloging all choices in a numerical list is brazen confidence or a recipe for insanity, if this goes past, like, five updates.
I simply think that a choice with an obvious answer isn't really choice. However I do worry about some choices may seem not so logical to players (at least because they don't have all character's personal traits in head), but I put those that are logical to characters themselves, considering their traits, traumas and neurosis.
What's with the list actually? I don't get your point, sorry, maybe that's because of my poor language skills.

Some of the renders were really good. A couple that weren't stood out and makes me ask if you are on the Daz public beta release and using the denoiser? If not, things like the noise in low light scenes, especially around (if I remember correctly) a florescent light would get smoothed right out after 600-800 iterations.
The MC being a cipher works in this story. MC and Elsa getting amnesia about Sebastian doesn't. I was also puzzled why MC didn't bat an eyelash over "superpowers". Might be part of the plot, or might be something to consider.
Noted for future updates. Thank you. Appreciate your help.

Reactions: L7Bear

SapphireBlaze

May 24, 2017
Sorry for wasting your time a little there, here's hoping that was just me being sleep deprived. Now that that's out of the way I'd just like to say that I really enjoyed this first episode, the story is a great hook and the choices were all from my perspective logical if you pay attention to the characters.

Reactions: Bitter Strawman

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
What's with the list actually? I don't get your point, sorry, maybe that's because of my poor language skills.
Just talking about how you've got every decision assigned as an element of an array (python calls them lists), like "choice[5]". After you've got 50 choices, I can see it becoming difficult to keep track, though I'm sure you've got a cheat sheet somewhere.

QV

Nov 7, 2017
Don't really care (use a dedicated system outside my network for playing/checking stuff) ;)

Claiming it's a fake positive doesn't solve the 'fact', only solutions are a rebuild avoiding the problem or contacting avira (sew the bastards or force them to start a dedicated whitelist!)
Quarantined by Malwarebytes as well:
MachineLearning/Anomalous.96%
This detection is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for files that are flagged by Malwarebytes’ Machine Learning module as 100% anomalous. You may also see lower percentages in your scan results. The percentage is used to show how big the deviation from the examined file is from the legitimate files in the training set. Where a percentage of 100% means they look completely dissimilar from our training set of legitimate files.

Bitter Strawman

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2019
Quarantined by Malwarebytes as well:
MachineLearning/Anomalous.96%
This detection is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for files that are flagged by Malwarebytes’ Machine Learning module as 100% anomalous. You may also see lower percentages in your scan results. The percentage is used to show how big the deviation from the examined file is from the legitimate files in the training set. Where a percentage of 100% means they look completely dissimilar from our training set of legitimate files.
Damn, that would be difficult to solve as far as I'm not aware what seems to be the problem.

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
There were a bug with showing that scene without reason. Patch 1a actually fixes it. If you haven't downloaded patch archive or prepatched 1a edition (links are replaced for last 8 hours I guess) - you can download it here.
If you used patched edition and still got a problem - PM me your savegame, I will try to check the problem.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Successfully patched and fixed the glitch. Thank you!

4.30 star(s) 13 Votes