Locale Emulator Virus

HydroidUmbra

Oct 14, 2017
just scanned my PC and found a Trojan...in my locale emulator I've had for months.

Anyone Else had this problem before ? Or am I just dumb and this is common ?

splashman

Jun 26, 2017
What antivirus are you using? It's probably just a false positive. You can upload the file in question to virustotal and see if it's just your AV. FWIW I have location emulator installed and have had no problems or popups.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
We're gonna need more info. What kind of virus, what AV, logs, where did you download, etc.

Reactions: ursidae

HydroidUmbra

Oct 14, 2017
AV Windows Defender
Trojan:Win32/Vigorf.A
Applocale from mega
containerfile: C:\Users\Phant\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Locale Emulator\Old versions\Locale Emulator.1.1.1.1.zip
file: C:\Users\Phant\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Locale Emulator\Old versions\Locale Emulator.1.1.1.1.zip->Locale Emulator/LocaleEmulator.dll

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
looks like quite an old version where did you get it from. Updated version from github no probs with it at all

TrashBoss

Oct 8, 2017
looks like quite an old version where did you get it from. Updated version from github no probs with it at all

If your getting the version of the github then I recommend downloading the code and compiling yourself, The code is different from the zip

Reactions: Krull

jamzaz1

Apr 1, 2020
same thing happend with me from the latest build from github. I'm guessing it's a false positive.