Valronn

Apr 13, 2018
Is there currently or will there be a port for android? Looks pretty good but I can only play on my phone.

kocedimitrrov

Dec 26, 2017
Does anyone else's game freezes after you give Mia the morning after pill (playing the v1.3 Full version)? I've restarted (loaded a save with MC right in front of the house) the game several times now, but it always freezes. Did I miss doing something?

XRacer

May 20, 2018
Does anyone else's game freezes after you give Mia the morning after pill (playing the v1.3 Full version)? I've restarted (loaded a save with MC right in front of the house) the game several times now, but it always freezes. Did I miss doing something?
You need to make sure you stand below Mia and not to the right. After you give the pill she walks to right and can't if you are there which causes the hang.

Reactions: kocedimitrrov

dce8383

Aug 25, 2017
I know RPGM games are not that popular, but almost every other one I've played (including those with large images, videos, etc.) do not crash as much as Mia act 3. @bossapplesauce , does it help the memory issues if you run your compression process on them? Or, is that for Ren'Py games only?

Incenton puts so much effort into creating this game, but the experience is ruined by the horrible instability.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
I know RPGM games are not that popular, but almost every other one I've played (including those with large images, videos, etc.) do not crash as much as Mia act 3. @bossapplesauce , does it help the memory issues if you run your compression process on them? Or, is that for Ren'Py games only?

Incenton puts so much effort into creating this game, but the experience is ruined by the horrible instability.
Can't answer from experience as I generally don't play RPGM games. I don't care for the mechanics and a few other things.

Tell me which act you're having issues with and I can compress & upload so you can test if you want.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
act 2 (beta not full) compressed didn't crash when i played it so yea compressed helps but bad thing is that its saves aren't compatible with normal version.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
act 2 (beta not full) compressed didn't crash when i played it so yea compressed helps but bad thing is that its saves aren't compatible with normal version.
There's a compressed version of Act 2? Did I make it? Can't find it on the thread.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
it was act 3 alpha which had/has compressed version (made by the66) not act 2 since getting past mia's torturing scene was basically torture since game pretty much crashed everytime shortly after emma joined in, problem still persists but dev added more savespots which partially solved crashing (can get past torturing but in "short" steps, same with mommy's scene).

dce8383

Aug 25, 2017
If I remember right from the dozens of pages back where someone had a reason for the crashing in Act 3, it was because RPGM is doing a bad job with buffering large images and video clips. Maybe not clearing them out of memory after displaying them? It also seemed to happen more to anyone with less than 16 GB of RAM (both my machines have 8 GB). I'd think that compressing the images to a 1/10th-ish their original size would go a long way toward mitigating the crashes, and I'd love to give it a try.

To expand a little on my point about immersion; I have no problem saving often in action or puzzle games where there's constantly an expected risk of falling off a cliff or getting my head cut off by an ork every time I explore a new area. A story focused game that I want to get immersed in (and aroused by) should have no risk of game ending events, unless I've made a poor choice. I'd just like Incenton to recognize the futility of writing an amazing game only for it to be impossible to actually enjoy by a large portion of their user base. As I mentioned before, this is NOT an unsolvable problem: no other RPGM game has this problem, and if scaling down the graphics fixes it, they should at least offer a high quality version for those with the hardware to handle it (and a disclaimer), and a low quality version for everyone else. I really do WANT to enjoy this, but it's currently impossible to [/rant].

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched versions.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

My Sister Mia [Acts 1-2] [Inceton] - Original Size: 2.64GB

Download Act 1 Remastered (84MB): - - -

Download Act 2 (160MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
Do the crunshed versions also need less RAM so thereby they might crash less often...?

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
Do the crunshed versions also need less RAM...
Each image is smaller in sized so they should need less RAM when shown, which in turn should delay any crashes related to the memory used by the images not being released.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
at least the66's compressed version of 1.3b didn't crash during mia+mc and later mia+emma+mc scenes unlike normal version did.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
compression was only a by-product, reason for stability was the rpg maker version i used and some updated plugins

Reactions: Penfold Mole

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
not much to play in 1.3 full, player is actually in control only 3-4 times rest were watching pre-scripted things and mia's sidequests didn't advance at all (only once player could control mia).

few crashes and worst was after mia's announcement in stripclub was basically over since not much to "play" after that and quite a stretch since last save.

3.80 star(s) 27 Votes