VN Ren'Py Little Lollipop is creating The New War

Nov 16, 2016
Hi everyone, I've been here and there for a while but not very active. I am here to introduce a game I am working on. I learned Daz and coding on Renpy for this sole purpose. It takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where our main hero, Josh Ryder, will take the front reins in hope of saving humanity from extinction. His main objective is to rally the other unique survivors that were handpicked and put in cryo-pods for 30 years. After waking he is faced with his past and pushed into a world of fighting and loving. Oh, I forgot to mention, his brain was corrupted while in his pod to make him horny in the blink of an eye. This is not for no reason though, Xena Corp always has a reason. He must bring humanity back. All while trying to find his family that was separated from him during the outbreak.

This not just your typical grind fest where you see the same scenes over and over again. The idea is to make it a novel that branches off to many endings, you molding who he is as a person.

I do not have a release yet but I already finished the intro and am quite a ways through chapter 1. After chapter 1's done it'll be released here.

The game will be free, patreon will be optional to those who would like to support me with other perks per tier.

MillyOwnHead1080.png

passerbyR34

just wanted to passing by, end up staying anyway
Donor
Oct 29, 2018
Rather than saving, if there's a bunch of girls around, why not just making the new mankind? this is adult games afterall, iykwim :sneaky:
Nah joking aside, I'm not an expert here but the premise looks pretty interesting for me and the render also looks good too

Obviously can't provide any useful feedback for now but I hope everything goes well for ur game development
Best of luck! :D

Nov 16, 2016
Rather than saving, if there's a bunch of girls around, why not just making the new mankind? this is adult games afterall, iykwim:sneaky:
Nah joking aside, I'm not an expert here but the premise looks pretty interesting for me and the render also looks good too

Obviously can't provide any useful feedback for now but I hope everything goes well for ur game development
Best of luck! :D
Save and make, that's the plan :sneaky:

Thanks for the support :love:

Reactions: passerbyR34
Nov 16, 2016
So I've been working on my own animations. It is quite time consuming but fun. Do you think that animations are needed to make a game good?

Braaain

Oct 30, 2018
So I've been working on my own animations. It is quite time consuming but fun. Do you think that animations are needed to make a game good?
Have always thought that 10+ renders per sex scene would be much better than a less than excellent animation, personally I find the ‘fake animation’ of just a few frames are a negative to the immersion.

If you can do really good animations then obviously that’s the ultimate.

Either do them well or not at all. Also lots of us with 4K screens these days would love to have 4K res renders as even some of the best renders in some of the best games on this site can look not so great when viewed on a big ass 4K tv.

Hope that helps

Reactions: Little Lollipop
Nov 16, 2016
Have always thought that 10+ renders per sex scene would be much better than a less than excellent animation, personally I find the ‘fake animation’ of just a few frames are a negative to the immersion.

If you can do really good animations then obviously that’s the ultimate.

Either do them well or not at all. Also lots of us with 4K screens these days would love to have 4K res renders as even some of the best renders in some of the best games on this site can look not so great when viewed on a big ass 4K tv.

Hope that helps
I'll keep that in mind. Right now animations are just a test for me.

People keep it at 1080p because that's the most common right now. Although I do like the idea of a game in 4k :unsure:

Braaain

Oct 30, 2018
I'll keep that in mind. Right now animations are just a test for me.

People keep it at 1080p because that's the most common right now. Although I do like the idea of a game in 4k :unsure:
2 versions might the best way around that so people don’t complain about the large DL size. Point taken though.

Reactions: Little Lollipop

Braaain

Oct 30, 2018
Nice! Really can see the difference! Any idea when you’ll be at a an al-ha release stage? The dark haired girl reminds me of Jack from mass effect

Nov 16, 2016
Nice! Really can see the difference! Any idea when you’ll be at a an al-ha release stage? The dark haired girl reminds me of Jack from mass effect
I have the intro completely finished but that's just letting the player get to know how it all started and some of the main characters. Chapter 1 is completely written, I am just doing renders at this point but I have quite a bit of different choices and routes to go down in just chapter 1 so it'll take a little time because I'm trying to make a lot of scenes instead of sprites that just pop up.

Obviously, when it's just normal conversation it'll be sprites and what not but I want the majority to be new scenes with something to look at.

For example in the intro when talking to Alex, who is the girl you're referring to, looks like this. AlexJoke.png

rather than something like this just pasted on a random backdrop.
AlexJoke2.png