Little help needed [Daz3D]

Jul 30, 2018
to start off i have a problem and a question for some of you daz artists out there

First the problem:

Im a new user to daz and have downloaded alot of assets to start making my VN i found a G3 female character i wanted to use as a basis for one of my characters but no matter which way i install her she never appears ingame can anyone give me a working version or tell me what is wrong with her
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

the next thing i wanted to ask the artists out there i need a logo made for my game(s) i need someone to make me a logo if you have time and would help me out please send me a private message

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
phew... it seems like you should start with a few tutorials first. Your post sounds like you don't know what you're doing^^
First of all: Andrea is not a g3 character, its a g8.
Second: DAZ is no game creaton engine, it's a tool for character or environment creation.
Third: If you want to create a VN, have a look at renpy or something similar.

If you really want to create a game, you should at least know the basics before you ask for help.

Jul 30, 2018
phew... it seems like you should start with a few tutorials first. Your post sounds like you don't know what you're doing^^
First of all: Andrea is not a g3 character, its a g8.
Second: DAZ is no game creaton engine, it's a tool for character or environment creation.
Third: If you want to create a VN, have a look at renpy or something similar.

If you really want to create a game, you should at least know the basics before you ask for help.
dude i read the tutorials and i know daz3d is not a game creations program im using it to get my characters put together before i start making the game. i will be using either unity or renpy

and yes i know andrea is for G8 not G3 but i looked for her under both listings and she was not in either. I accidently put g3 not 8 sorry

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
"I will be using either Unity or Ren'py"

Tell us which engine you are using currently then, if you do not give us more details we cannot help you.

Jul 30, 2018
here is proof that the rest of the characters i installed showed up and that andrea isnt even listed in either of the G3 or G8 listings

Jul 30, 2018
"I will be using either Unity or Ren'py"

Tell us which engine you are using currently then, if you do not give us more details we cannot help you.
the question was about the daz3d character not the game itself i havent gotten to that point yet still trying to make characters

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
You should atleast take care to clearly ask what you want, because it was not clear in your first post xD
do you have the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials installed? They are needed for her to work.

Julio

Modder
Uploader
F95Zone Dev
Aug 26, 2017
I'm assuming you installed all of the other characters, so you know how to properly install add-ons. Did you use DIM or did you manually install?

Jul 30, 2018
You should atleast take care to clearly ask what you want, because it was not clear in your first post xD
do you have the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials installed? They are needed for her to work.
first how is that not clear:-> First the problem: Im a new user to daz and have downloaded alot of assets to start making my VN i found a G3 female character i wanted to use as a basis for one of my characters but no matter which way i install her she never appears ingame can anyone give me a working version or tell me what is wrong with her
SPOILER: Andrea

I'm assuming you installed all of the other characters, so you know how to properly install add-ons. Did you use DIM or did you manually install?
i tried using DiM and manually tried to install her neither worked

Julio

Modder
Uploader
F95Zone Dev
Aug 26, 2017
Did you restart DAZ/refresh your content library after doing so, also does she show up in smart content tab?

Julio

Modder
Uploader
F95Zone Dev
Aug 26, 2017
I just installed the model, if you're looking at your characters folder, it should be under "VW Andrea" besides just "Andrea",
Library\People\Genesis 8 Female\Characters\Virtual_World\Andrea

Jul 30, 2018
I just installed the model, if you're looking at your characters folder, it should be under "VW Andrea" besides just "Andrea",
Library\People\Genesis 8 Female\Characters\Virtual_World\Andrea
thank you so much it even used a different picture for the preview lol

now im wondering can you help me with another problem with the dforce classic long curly hair issue ive been having it always stays like this when i load it in Untitled.png

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
first how is that not clear
G3 -> G8 ?
Ingame -> DAZ ?
Clear?

And for the hair: did you apply dforce? Meaning, did you start the dforce simulation or is it out of the box like this?

Julio

Modder
Uploader
F95Zone Dev
Aug 26, 2017
dForce is a "dynamic cloth simulation", so for the hair it would realistically lay against the character vs. how hair normally is, same with if the character was upside down, the hair would fall how it should in real life, vs. remaining the same. In order to simulate dForce, you need to go to the simulation settings tab and click simulate. This will take a while, you can always play with the simulation settings to try and get a quicker simulation.
1548704713056.png

Jul 30, 2018
dForce is a "dynamic cloth simulation", so for the hair it would realistically lay against the character vs. how hair normally is, same with if the character was upside down, the hair would fall how it should in real life, vs. remaining the same. In order to simulate dForce, you need to go to the simulation settings tab and click simulate. This will take a while, you can always play with the simulation settings to try and get a quicker simulation.
View attachment 234454
i messed with the simulation and it still sticks in midair what exactly needs to be changed dforce.png

Julio

Modder
Uploader
F95Zone Dev
Aug 26, 2017
Negative gravity will mean the hair would go upwards, try resetting to defaults and simulating to see if it's an issue with DAZ, or your settings.

Jul 30, 2018
Negative gravity will mean the hair would go upwards, try resetting to defaults and simulating to see if it's an issue with DAZ, or your settings.
yea still not working guess ill have to find another hair that is close to that one of my characters has really long curly red hair

Julio

Modder
Uploader
F95Zone Dev
Aug 26, 2017
You're clicking the simulate button, right? I don't see why this would be happening.