Overview:
This is a HTML5 player for all LifeSelector games.​

Updated: 11 Nov 2020
Created: 15 Sep 2018
Game/Creator: LifeSelector games
Modder: Sarrekn
Mod Version: 1.1

Features:

Life Selector games are nice, but nowadays you shouldnt have to rely on flash to run these, so this is a HTML5 version of the player.

The look is a bit similar to the official website, and the player should also work well in full screen mode.

Tested on recent versions of the following browsers without any issues:

- Chrome
- Firefox
- Safari
- Opera
- Android Chrome (touch is working well, during the interactive scenes, you can do a small swipe to show the different scenes available)
- IE11

Installation:

The zip archive contains two files:

- convert.html: This is a small converter tool. Used to convert the lifeselector game structure to javascript.
- index.html: The LifeSelector HTML5 player packaged into one single html file.

The player and converter can be used offline. Everything happens in your browser !

To use it, very simple:

- Open convert.html, and select the game.xml file in the game directory you want to convert. It will automatically convert it and put a game.js file in your download directory.
- Copy the game.js into the game directory (where game.xml is located).
- Copy the index.html file into the game directory.

Open index.html to play.

Download:
See attached files...

Support:
Of course there is a possibility that the game.xml file format will evolve for newer games, and convert.html will stop working. If you think that might be the case, make a post here with the game.xml file giving you issues and the name of the game.

Change-Log:

1.1: (1.1_LifeSelector_HTML5_Player.zip)
- As suggested by some people in this thread, I added a small nav bar in the top left (-10s, +30s, Skip) in the player index.html.
- Also did a few technical updates.
- No change on the converter convert.html. Some people said they had issues with the conversion of some specific games, I was not able to reproduce the problem. Works fine for me.

Note: To move to 1.1. You just need to replace the old index.html with the new one.

1.0: (1.0_Old_Version_LifeSelector_HTML5_Player.zip)
- First release

Last edited:

Sarrekn

Sep 15, 2018
Where is game.xml?
This is a HTML5 player for LifeSelector games you already have downloaded. There are tons of them in the games section of the forum.

game.xml is inside the game directory you want to convert. This file describes the game structure to the flash app.

Sarrekn

Sep 15, 2018
How to play on Android Google Chrome App??
First prepare the game on your computer (generate and copy game.js and copy index.html).

Then there are several solutions. You can put the games on a web server, and access it from your Android phone, this is how I tested it.

But you can simply copy the game directory to your phone. On my Samsung, I use smart switch to copy files from my laptop to my mobile phone.
So for example, if you copy the game to /sdcard (Most Android devices have this directory I believe).

On the Android Chrome browser, type: file:///sdcard
Note that there are 3 /, not 2.

You will see a list of the directories on sdcard, go inside the game directory you just copied, and click on index.html. It should launch the game. It will look better if you play with the player in full screen. The look will depend of your Android device, but it should work fine.

Sarrekn

Sep 15, 2018
I can't advance past the story highlights. Am I missing something?
It could be because you forgot to put the game.js file into the game directory. Did you use the converter to create game.js, did you copy it into the game directory?

NOTJON

Dec 6, 2017
Yeah i also only get to a picture of highlights, and i have both the js file and index in the game files

larator

Oct 14, 2018
To the people that can't pass highlights, this happened to me and I fixed it this way:
- The file game.js that is created in my case created a file game.js.txt and IT SHOULD be game.js so if you see that the file is a text file rename it.
- Windows by default don't show you *.txt extension so double click the file, if notepad opens is a *.txt file so rename it and put it where it belongs.

Hope it work for you guys.

----------------------------------------------

First post and happy to meet this place.

ahnothanks

Nov 11, 2018
Tried on Android but when I go to chrome, it says this is not supported due to error or network issues.

Did all the other steps but cant get it to work

zephon96

Jul 16, 2018
I tried this, and it worked for the first game. But I can't get it to work a 2nd time. Can't figure out why. I open convert.html, and select the game.xml file in the game directory, and it just doesn't create a game.js file anywhere. Not in the download directory, not in the game folder, nowhere. I've checked all my settings and download locations, and I'm stumped. Like I said, it worked once, but not again. Any ideas?

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote