4.20 star(s) 165 Votes

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Could also be *In fact, without him you might of never of gotten laid*
Um, no, not using the correct words or grammar for the sentence, it couldn't.
It's "have" not "of".
"Might have" & "never have" not "might of" or "never of"", although you wouldn't use them both as you have in the sentence above as the second one is completely redundant.
You "have" done something, you never "of" done something.
"What have you done?" Never "What of you done?"

The latter two statements containing "of" do not actually make any sense in the English language for this usage. They are both a reasonably common mistake, made because of the abbreviation "might've" sounding a bit like "might of".
"Of" is categorically incorrect.

"Might of" is only used when describing the might/strength of somebody/something. e.g. They have a mighty army. The might of their army is much greater than the might of ours. But they might have a weakness.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
It's fine for me because I really don't care about something like that as long as I can understand it then it's fine for me and I'm not going to go grammar nazi for minor things like that.

Reactions: Namco15

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
It's fine for me because I really don't care about something like that as long as I can understand it then it's fine for me and I'm not going to go grammar nazi for minor things like that.
lol at "grammar Nazi".
Writing a sentence that doesn't make sense is not a minor thing when trying to communicate.
The post I made, pointing it out, was simply for the dev to be able to correct it, if he so chooses.
You know, in case he cares about his game & wants things to be correct?
It was not designed to spark a debate, nor to illustrate anyone's illiteracy.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
What about "In fact, you got laid because he helped."?
Short, simple, and to the point. I've found that trying to over-explain things can get confusing.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
What about "In fact, you got laid because he helped."?
Short, simple, and to the point. I've found that trying to over-explain things can get confusing.
Yes, that works. Perhaps if you made it: "In fact, you only ever got laid because he helped." then the connotation would be exactly the same, as it then implies that any/every time you got laid it was entirely due to his help.
Which, I believe, is what the original sentence intends to say.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Hopefully the dev swings by and see this. We'd help him, right?

U

User_365148

Lol.
That's pretty heated for a grammar error.
It will be fixed in the next update.

Reactions: Namco15

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Just make that spot have multiple options.

A. In fact, without him you might of never of gotten laid.
B. In fact, you got laid because he helped.
C. In fact, without him you might never have gotten laid.

Then when everyone gets to the spot they can pick the one that they want.

V1sibleDarkn3ss

Jun 6, 2017
Really like the graphics and the story line in this game, even as nascent as it is. The extra effort and focus on writing a good story is obvious. This is the way that games should be made!

U

User_365148

Just to let you guys in on the schedule.
This past weekend, we released the first patch for 10$ patrons. We'll release it for 5$ patrons this coming weekend. And we'll release it publicly when the next patch comes out. Which will be on the last weekend of every month. That will be 24 or 25 February.
And that's how it's going to go.
We'll release every patch publicly, one month after we release it to patrons.

Reactions: gestved
May 19, 2017
Progress Report (Feb 4th)

Hello

It's pretty difficult to write a progress report on a VN.

I can only say how far we've gone on the planned number of renders for the next update. Since there are no gameplay elements to implement. It's mostly just a story.

So, about 50 of the promised 150 renders for the next update are prepared. Also the story and dialogue has been written fully.

We can say that about 35% of the next update is done so far.

We're also exploring putting animations in the VN. But that won't be for a while. When things get a little steamier.

Best regards

Likesblondes

Reactions: UncleVT
4.20 star(s) 165 Votes