BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
I was extremely happy when the most recent version came out, I eagerly startet playing 0.8.2 - and I must say - and it's sad - that it turned out a big disappointment.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hi ray3dave,

Sorry to hear you were disappointed in the game. I understand you find certain/most aspects of the game take too long which is ok. I tend to dislike all the quick-no-effort-at-all-games that throw smut at you for no particular reason or without any particular effort, which is why I started to make my own game and voila :)
Perhaps though I overdid it in some jobs and yes I agree at the moment especially the flower job is slow. The Balans one I disagree. Yes it takes a few weeks of in game time to get to the smut (seems like you just stopped before the start), but it will come very steady when it starts and spirals towards a bad ending quickly.

Please remember though this is a BETA version of the game. A lot can and WILL change before the final version. People tend to forget it sometimes :)

FYI the flowershop will be extended at some point with:

Main adult content so far:

Hope you give the game another try and provide me with some additional feedback. If not, no harm done and I'm sure you'll enjoy some of the other amazing games on this site.

Cheers
BurningSun

Reactions: ray3dave

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Like Girl Life but much, much worse. The grind is insane, I've been playing for a couple of hours on the EASIEST difficulty and I haven't seen one of the countless webms in the Amsterdam folder. It feels as if the game is actively mocking you for trying to play it.
You should be able to find decent smut within half an hour of gameplay if for example you follow the Photoshoot job or the Library job. Keep Morale high to get paid a decent amount and on EASY settings you should be able to have just about everything there is to buy after 3 in game months or so.

Good luck
BurningSun

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Thanks for your response. I am not quitting the game, but you should really make it less repetetive. At Balans I have worked 80 times now, she's getting groped, which startet at about the 45th time I worked at Balans. Come on!

I gave up Balans, only to find that she can't take the model job. Do I really have to start a new game to find the new content in that story line or is it possible to lower the reputation and then try to apply for the modeling job?

Last edited:

spartan2177

Aug 27, 2016
Is it still possible to get the weekend beach photoshoot, haven't been able to get it to trigger, not sure if their are requirements outside of not already having the photoshoot career which I do not have.

nick148

Aug 11, 2016
Hi ray3dave,

Sorry to hear you were disappointed in the game. I understand you find certain/most aspects of the game take too long which is ok. I tend to dislike all the quick-no-effort-at-all-games that throw smut at you for no particular reason or without any particular effort, which is why I started to make my own game and voila :)
Perhaps though I overdid it in some jobs and yes I agree at the moment especially the flower job is slow. The Balans one I disagree. Yes it takes a few weeks of in game time to get to the smut (seems like you just stopped before the start), but it will come very steady when it starts and spirals towards a bad ending quickly.

Please remember though this is a BETA version of the game. A lot can and WILL change before the final version. People tend to forget it sometimes :)

FYI the flowershop will be extended at some point with:

Main adult content so far:

Hope you give the game another try and provide me with some additional feedback. If not, no harm done and I'm sure you'll enjoy some of the other amazing games on this site.

Cheers
BurningSun
That part of whoring oneself is interesting... i cannot seem to find a way to trigger those events for weeks after i find one. Is there an event that starts triggering it like the gloryhole one or is it stat based?
Also thanks for replying here. Its really an enjoyable game and its nice to hear that you are still updatin it.

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Thanks for your response. I am not quitting the game, but you should really make it less repetetive. At Balans I have worked 80 times now, she's getting groped, which startet at about the 45th time I worked at Balans. Come on!

I gave up Balans, only to find that she can't take the model job. Do I really have to start a new game to find the new content in that story line or is it possible to lower the reputation and then try to apply for the modeling job?
You are welcome :)
As of 83 you'll get blowjobs, then at 100+ you'll get sex and after that a little weird stuff. I understand you find it slow and I guess it indeed is. Unfortunately, I like the slow corruption/slow descent, the slow ride down a slippery slope that one does not notice unless it is too late. I tried to create that in a different way in each of the jobs.
As said before maybe some jobs are slower (too slow for some) then other jobs.

Is it still possible to get the weekend beach photoshoot, haven't been able to get it to trigger, not sure if their are requirements outside of not already having the photoshoot career which I do not have.
Currently broken as well as the pool encounter with him! I only found out by chance this afternoon. I mistyped a variable. Will be fixed soon.

Cheers
BurningSun

Reactions: spartan2177

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
That part of whoring oneself is interesting... i cannot seem to find a way to trigger those events for weeks after i find one. Is there an event that starts triggering it like the gloryhole one or is it stat based?
Also thanks for replying here. Its really an enjoyable game and its nice to hear that you are still updatin it.
There are several ways at the moment (more to come at a later stage).
Cheers
BurningSun

eruhlu muhdi

Nov 16, 2017
Yea sorry. V0.8.2 was a little rushed just before Xmas to help you all, but unfortunately it came with a lot of bugs. :(
Just returned from Xmas holidays and trying to fix the issues before New Year. Not sure if I got enough time to fix it before the New Year as got lots of people coming over so need to organize the house/food/booze/fireworks etc :)
Wow I didn't expect to get an answer from the actual developer. Thanks for your attention. As I said above your game is pretty damn nice with exciting events but when they are not completed they all lose their fun. I definetely know how hard it is to develop a game and make the players happy with it. Therefore I am waiting for the upcoming updates patiently. I would like to give some advices about the game if you are interested to hear. I played too many games like this and I know what kind of events players enjoy. I am sure you have some things planned in your mind about the future of the game but I just want to help you with it. There is a very similar game which is ''Fresh Start''. I enjoyed it very much as well. You can take some references to your game like drug or smoke addiction, room mates or neighbours maybe, etc. I wish you good luck with the developing process. Looking forward to see more about your game.

Shyboy

Aug 5, 2017
Great game, but a can't stand the grind stuff so I did cheat a little with notepad++ I had to create a shower + make up scene so she does de hyg and looks and HP together. In qsp you can make actions fast if you remember the options and type - 1,2,1,2,1 etc- but in Twine where you have to click and click and click Is annoying as hell.
The path I took I did buy the map and took the grind fashion stat at library and took the photoshoot job for easy money. Then when I had nothing to do I got a flyer at random in the town first two options (I was trying to get rand sex scenes there), but why the hell the flyer didn't mention that the club opened only on frid-sat? I missed it on the week I found it and I visited the pub many times before I did figure that it was in the 'town menu' the Go Clubbing option. The club is great to those who took the photoshoot job but dunno why she got a STD in the first time I got there and she had condoms on her, the Booz wasn't that high for she "Forget it".

Sep 10, 2017
Currently broken as well as the pool encounter with him! I only found out by chance this afternoon. I mistyped a variable. Will be fixed soon.

Cheers
BurningSun
Is that part of the selfie thing and you replying to me just before xmas talking about a special beach event (With the donny & bill thing?) I haven't been able to trigger any such thing. I am not sure if these are related or not. I tried looking at the code and the selfie thing is a "random 1/3" kind of thing with photoshoot exp levels where donny calls you (In the text it mentions he hangs up and everything) with "donnytask".

I think it's very hard to trigger these events trying to read in the code what to do. I'd love it if you could give us some tips on how to trigger these extra events. I also haven't managed to get the Donny bad-end event - again, I am not sure if these are all related or not.

I like the game a lot though, it has a ton of potential and a good deal of content as is! I hope you'll stay motivated because Life Choices didn't get any updates for a while and then you started pouring out work left and right again!

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Thanks for your comments, BurningSun. I agree with the others that it is great to have you here and that you share your thoughts. At least we get it pretty clear what you have in mind.

I saw people complain on other games, where the MC turns into a slut out of nowhere and from one moment to the other, it always makes me smile if people take these kind of things to talk about lack of realism in these kind of games. Well... So it is understandable, why you chose to do it like you did. Once again I'd like to point out that you could balance it a bit better, because although Life Choices is a rich game filled with many great ideas and content, still after a while you've seen most of it. And 80plus Days just for one single path without big changes is really very grindy. To stick with Balans - the difference between the first step around 45 and the following is not so big, for another around 40 days you get the same repetetive workday. And there is just not so much to explore meanwhile during the rest of the day.

And as said above, I am sorry that I can't seem to be able do all jobs in one playthrough. It would be good if Lizzy could lower her reputation in order to be able to get the model job or flower shop after a while. And about the Flower Shop - a pure route in a game loaded with gloryholes? Are you kidding me? Please make something dirty out of it, you proved that you can do it.

Positive criticism: I really like the way the Health Club is turning out, can't wait for the future updates because it is pretty obvious that there could be a lot more going on at the pool, in the sauna and the gym. Great part of the update already. I have great expectations for the pole dancing stuff, it is the most obvious thing to do for Lizzy, much more believeable than the gloryhole stuff, by the way. The stuff with the bouncer is nice so far, wonder where this might lead to - it does not seem to earn Lizzy reputatrion, which seems a bit injust to me. Then I guess in the future there is more exhibitionism planned in the park, so far the girl baring her tits does not lead nowhere - but of course it would make sense. The park in general is big fun, maybe there should be some more content at the beach as well, especially the party should lead up to encounzers like the bar (pick up guys or girls). The City contains some nice new ideas, especially the nude run. I tend to avoid the city though, because there you put in lots of traps. At the same time the city offers the biggest amount of content, which is fun.

Thanks for your work, BurningSun!

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Wow I didn't expect to get an answer from the actual developer. Thanks for your attention. As I said above your game is pretty damn nice with exciting events but when they are not completed they all lose their fun. I definetely know how hard it is to develop a game and make the players happy with it. Therefore I am waiting for the upcoming updates patiently. I would like to give some advices about the game if you are interested to hear. I played too many games like this and I know what kind of events players enjoy. I am sure you have some things planned in your mind about the future of the game but I just want to help you with it. There is a very similar game which is ''Fresh Start''. I enjoyed it very much as well. You can take some references to your game like drug or smoke addiction, room mates or neighbours maybe, etc. I wish you good luck with the developing process. Looking forward to see more about your game.
-Ideas are always welcome. Quite a few ideas made it to the game so if you list them here I will try (if I like them enough) to incorporate them.
-Yea I understand that incomplete events are a bummer. I try to minimize it, but Amsterdam has grown so much since the beginning it is inevitable I'm afraid.
-Fresh Start is a good game and I've played it quite a few times and it has certainly sparked some ideas that are now in Life Choices. The room mates/neighbours would make for a nice addition, however it will require quite a lot of work and I first like to finish Pregnancy, Virginity & the phone system before taking on anything big again. Small stuff will be added still though.

Glad you like the game so far & thank you for taking the time to comment.
BurningSun

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Great game, but a can't stand the grind stuff so I did cheat a little with notepad++ I had to create a shower + make up scene so she does de hyg and looks and HP together. In qsp you can make actions fast if you remember the options and type - 1,2,1,2,1 etc- but in Twine where you have to click and click and click Is annoying as hell.
The path I took I did buy the map and took the grind fashion stat at library and took the photoshoot job for easy money. Then when I had nothing to do I got a flyer at random in the town first two options (I was trying to get rand sex scenes there), but why the hell the flyer didn't mention that the club opened only on frid-sat? I missed it on the week I found it and I visited the pub many times before I did figure that it was in the 'town menu' the Go Clubbing option. The club is great to those who took the photoshoot job but dunno why she got a STD in the first time I got there and she had condoms on her, the Booz wasn't that high for she "Forget it".
-In one of the future updates I will try to have the shower and the makeup combined somehow. So yea I get it you cheated a little :)
-Regarding the flyer for the club; I just changed it (V0.8.2.5 to be released soonest) so it says it is open on Friday & Saturday only. I also changed the event slightly to instantly grant you access to the club; No more need to study the flyer first. Thanks for the suggestion/remark.
-Not sure why she got an STD. You sure she did not get used/abused in any way?

Cheers
BurningSun

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Is that part of the selfie thing and you replying to me just before xmas talking about a special beach event (With the donny & bill thing?) I haven't been able to trigger any such thing. I am not sure if these are related or not. I tried looking at the code and the selfie thing is a "random 1/3" kind of thing with photoshoot exp levels where donny calls you (In the text it mentions he hangs up and everything) with "donnytask".

I think it's very hard to trigger these events trying to read in the code what to do. I'd love it if you could give us some tips on how to trigger these extra events. I also haven't managed to get the Donny bad-end event - again, I am not sure if these are all related or not.

I like the game a lot though, it has a ton of potential and a good deal of content as is! I hope you'll stay motivated because Life Choices didn't get any updates for a while and then you started pouring out work left and right again!
AHA you've been snooping in the code haha. The Donnytask stuff is not live yet so you cannot trigger it. It is part of the phonesystem which will be implemented in V0.9 or V1.0.

The 'special' Donny photo shoot route (only available when not taking the Fashion job & only if your looks & fitness are high enough) can be unlocked at the beach or at the pool. However, due to an error I made currently it seems impossible to trigger it. V0.8.2.5 (to be released soonest) should fix that.

Cheers
BurningSun

nick148

Aug 11, 2016
Another question I must ask to BurningSun is if all the images currently in the Amsterdam folder are in use or if there are some that are not in the game?

Shyboy

Aug 5, 2017
@BurningSun thanks for the heads up about the shower makeup combo, buy stuff in bulk one time and just do a Routine in the morning before work, I guess I'm kinda biased with this thing from GLife qsp game so thanks anyway.
I didn't meet the flyer in the town events in my other runs so I guess it's too rand and the code give too much of a headache to search for it in N++ so I guess I'll keep the save from my run in the disk.
About the STD, I guess so, when she did go with the guy to the apartment she didn't get it so maybe I made her drink some stuff, my fault anyway.

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Another question I must ask to BurningSun is if all the images currently in the Amsterdam folder are in use or if there are some that are not in the game?
All but a few (like 10 in total or so) are in use.
What is it you can't find/trigger?

Cheers
BurningSun

BurningSun

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Thanks for your comments, BurningSun. I agree with the others that it is great to have you here and that you share your thoughts. At least we get it pretty clear what you have in mind.

I saw people complain on other games, where the MC turns into a slut out of nowhere and from one moment to the other, it always makes me smile if people take these kind of things to talk about lack of realism in these kind of games. Well... So it is understandable, why you chose to do it like you did. Once again I'd like to point out that you could balance it a bit better, because although Life Choices is a rich game filled with many great ideas and content, still after a while you've seen most of it. And 80plus Days just for one single path without big changes is really very grindy. To stick with Balans - the difference between the first step around 45 and the following is not so big, for another around 40 days you get the same repetetive workday. And there is just not so much to explore meanwhile during the rest of the day.

And as said above, I am sorry that I can't seem to be able do all jobs in one playthrough. It would be good if Lizzy could lower her reputation in order to be able to get the model job or flower shop after a while. And about the Flower Shop - a pure route in a game loaded with gloryholes? Are you kidding me? Please make something dirty out of it, you proved that you can do it.

Positive criticism: I really like the way the Health Club is turning out, can't wait for the future updates because it is pretty obvious that there could be a lot more going on at the pool, in the sauna and the gym. Great part of the update already. I have great expectations for the pole dancing stuff, it is the most obvious thing to do for Lizzy, much more believeable than the gloryhole stuff, by the way. The stuff with the bouncer is nice so far, wonder where this might lead to - it does not seem to earn Lizzy reputatrion, which seems a bit injust to me. Then I guess in the future there is more exhibitionism planned in the park, so far the girl baring her tits does not lead nowhere - but of course it would make sense. The park in general is big fun, maybe there should be some more content at the beach as well, especially the party should lead up to encounzers like the bar (pick up guys or girls). The City contains some nice new ideas, especially the nude run. I tend to avoid the city though, because there you put in lots of traps. At the same time the city offers the biggest amount of content, which is fun.

Thanks for your work, BurningSun!
Thank you for your extensive post ray3dave.
Yea I can see why people find the cleaning job slow. I'm planning to spice it up a little in the future with some smaller events, but nothing big is planned for it at the moment. Fist as said I need to finish other areas.

You should be able to do all jobs in one playthrough. There are a few ways to lower reputation:

Happy to hear you like the Health Club so far. More events to come; mainly in the sauna & massage areas.

Bouncer in the future will lead to a special storyline, but will only be implemented after the 3 main things I want to update first as mentioned before. The event does trigger a reputation increase, however, only if your rep is lower then 50; so the rep gain by flashing James is capped in that particular event at 50.

The park has many stuff waiting to be implemented still... time... I need more time! Just like with the other areas you are mentioning. A lot more stuff to come!

Cheers
BurningSun

Reactions: ray3dave

eruhlu muhdi

Nov 16, 2017
-Ideas are always welcome. Quite a few ideas made it to the game so if you list them here I will try (if I like them enough) to incorporate them.
-Yea I understand that incomplete events are a bummer. I try to minimize it, but Amsterdam has grown so much since the beginning it is inevitable I'm afraid.
-Fresh Start is a good game and I've played it quite a few times and it has certainly sparked some ideas that are now in Life Choices. The room mates/neighbours would make for a nice addition, however it will require quite a lot of work and I first like to finish Pregnancy, Virginity & the phone system before taking on anything big again. Small stuff will be added still though.

Glad you like the game so far & thank you for taking the time to comment.
BurningSun
No problem. I always feel better when I help people with their work. I can list some events you might want to put in to your game

- Being the cleaner of henry to reduce the rent or have some with him.
- Working as a beautician at mall where you can have fun with customers.
- Working as a masseur. I know this one is pretty used among other games but still adds excitement.
- Gloryhole at public toilet.
- Getting raped or robbed at park at night.
- Some pervert event while you take a nap at park and letting player take it or reject it.
- A LOT MORE event at beach when you take a bath, take a long walk and sunbathe.
- Encounters with beggars, thugs, mafias when you walk through the city and park.
- Being able to date with a guy which might lead to either good or bad consequences.
- Being able to call plumber or fixer when random objects in the house are broken.
- Drug, smoke, alcohol addiction which can make some certain events to happen faster and easier.
- Encounters with different people in the apartment. Imean neighboors who want to take advantage of the player.
- More places to explore such as industrial region, slums, village, forest etc.
- Being able to have your own apartment which you can rent it for money. With some events for sure.
- Hospital where you can increase or treat stats of the character. With some events included.
- Using taxi to travel and consequences with the driver. For instance not having the money to travel maybe.
- Hitchhiking to travel long distances.
- Having protagonist go to university.
- Having a sister you can visit or she can visit you sometimes leading to some events with henry. Maybe she wants to live with you ?

Those are the ones that I can tell you for now. Most of these are taken from other similar games. I hope you will like some of them. If you ever need some help with ideas or something like that don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with the developing of the game.

Reactions: poiman and Shyboy
3.30 star(s) 45 Votes