Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
How are you holding up? Hope that it's getting back on track! :) Thanks for dropping Lexi renders if you had re-done Lexi today though :)
I'm hanging in there. Still on the list, but organs go to the people that need it the most. If my condition worsens (and it will) I will move up the list.

Right now I'm just making plans for the future. I figure by the time I am able to get back to full development, HeartlessNobody, and Envixer will be far enough into developing Lexi that I wouldn't want to disrupt their workflow by jumping back in as anything more than an advisor. So I decided that if they can make it work, then it's only fair that they continue.

For those reasons, when I have enough energy, I'm making characters, and looking at assets for a game to develop in the future. I'm hoping for sometime in 2020, but that is dependent upon my health. I'll work on it as I can, but I won't start real development unless my health gets straightened out and I have the energy to really do it.

That said, the new characters are probably my best work yet.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
I'm hanging in there. Still on the list, but organs go to the people that need it the most. If my condition worsens (and it will) I will move up the list.

Right now I'm just making plans for the future. I figure by the time I am able to get back to full development, HeartlessNobody, and Envixer will be far enough into developing Lexi that I wouldn't want to disrupt their workflow by jumping back in as anything more than an advisor. So I decided that if they can make it work, then it's only fair that they continue.

For those reasons, when I have enough energy, I'm making characters, and looking at assets for a game to develop in the future. I'm hoping for sometime in 2020, but that is dependent upon my health. I'll work on it as I can, but I won't start real development unless my health gets straightened out and I have the energy to really do it.

I'm sorry to hear that it'll definitely get worse. Try and fight it as much as you can and hope that you finally get what you need as soon as possible :)

Obviously it's awesome to hear that you're making plans already for both what happens with Lexi and also on future plans but it's also best to focus on getting right first though. As fantastic as your renders are, obviously your health is way more important. Can't wait to see more of what you have in store but also hope that you get what you need like now so you can finally get better :)

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I'm hanging in there. Still on the list, but organs go to the people that need it the most. If my condition worsens (and it will) I will move up the list.[...]
Hey, I'm not into praying for health and that stuff, but I'll continue to wish you good luck and hope that you will recover your full health in the end. Hang in there! :D

Reactions: Chatterbox

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
First thanks for the wonderful game you made until now. Also best wishes for your health and I hope you will be in line for your new organ before your health gets worse. Wise though to seek some distraction from your illness and try to be busy as much as you can, few things are more disheartening as dwelling on the bad sides of your situation all the time. Added bonus is we all love to see those renders of how you would have made them now. so thanks again.

Reactions: Chatterbox

Uwe Furtmustal

Mar 16, 2018

Keep fighting & get well soon ;)

ivanov95

Oct 23, 2017
Hello there @Chatterbox

1. Keep fighting man, we all hope you can find a donor as soon as possible and fight that!
2. I really enjoyed your game, the renders are amazing, and the story is very good too!

BTW the renders you share here are amazing too^^ We are with you, hope you get well as soon as possible! (sorry for replaying myself)

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018

I missed whatever organ you're actually waiting on, but I've been in your boat so I know how you're doing.

I was on dialysis and the Kidney Transplant list for 11 years before I finally got matched. Being born with O type blood is a burden when you're on the receiving end. Good luck to you, hope you get transplanted quicker than I did.

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I missed whatever organ you're actually waiting on, but I've been in your boat so I know how you're doing.

I was on dialysis and the Kidney Transplant list for 11 years before I finally got matched. Being born with O type blood is a burden when you're on the receiving end. Good luck to you, hope you get transplanted quicker than I did.
Ouch! 11 years, that would suck. Glad you finally got it though. You still have to take the anti-rejection meds?

I'm waiting on a new heart, I'm not in dire straights at the moment, but I eventually will be.

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
Ouch! 11 years, that would suck. Glad you finally got it though. You still have to take the anti-rejection meds?

I'm waiting on a new heart, I'm not in dire straights at the moment, but I eventually will be.
Yeah, the meds aren't so bad really. You just have to stay away from really sick people (flu, pneumonia) and you should be fine. The random illness still happens but as long as you keep in contact with your doctors everything is fine.

I hope that heart comes for you quickly man. If science would just hurry up and make us Cyborg parts, we wouldn't have to deal with this crap. ;)

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Stay strong. We're all wishing you the best. You seem to have a great attitude about things, so that's good. The more positivity (and so, less stress) you have, the better.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Running Renders for Lexi should have an update on progress soon
Good news, think many are interested what the new team will be doing with the game since unfortunately Chatterbox is unable to. Hope both the team and Chatterbox are happy with how it is turning out.(y)

4.70 star(s) 52 Votes