NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Ok i'll admit, this does look better. I still love the old Kaylee but i can't deny that this definitely makes more lifelike, especially her eyes.

Honestly i also think this angle really flatters Kayle a lot, it's also true in other scenes whenever she is looking up at you, she comes off way cuter than when looking at her at an even level.

Now you have me all torn up...

Reactions: Namco15

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Ok i'll admit, this does look better. I still love the old Kaylee but i can't deny that this definitely makes more lifelike, especially her eyes.

Honestly i also think this angle really flatters Kayle a lot, it's also true in other scenes whenever she is looking up at you, she comes off way cuter than when looking at her at an even level.

Now you have me all torn up...
I agree, Kaylee looking up at you is very sexy.

People get attached to the older models because people don't like change. I personally don't get attached to any particular version because I believe that renders and models should improve as the skills of the developer improves. If you think about it, when I created the original models of Lexi and Kaylee, I did my best, but now my best is better. Why would you not want better?

In this image, I finally figured out how to make a realistic cameltoe.

HDRI Test 7.png

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
I agree, Kaylee looking up at you is very sexy.

People get attached to the older models because people don't like change. I personally don't get attached to any particular version because I believe that renders and models should improve as the skills of the developer improves. If you think about it, when I created the original models of Lexi and Kaylee, I did my best, but now my best is better. Why would you not want better?

In this image, I finally figured out how to make a realistic cameltoe.

View attachment 245881
That is true, people do dislike change, though i don't think it's necessarily always true. It certainly depends from character to character in Parental Love and DMD i remember liking the updated model versions of the characters and i think everyone else did. So yea i can agree with you that Kaylee does look overall better.

However while the render and character model of the new version of Lexi is better i am not sure i like it over her old model tbh. I dunno something just doesn't feel right. Not sure if the hair color is throwing me off or maybe i just like her clean/smooth face over the newer one which is higher quality so you kinda see every pore on her, it kinda makes her look a lot older than previously at least to me it seems that way.

Cameltoe does look nice though :p

Reactions: Casual Voyeur

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
That is true, people do dislike change, though i don't think it's necessarily always true. It certainly depends from character to character in Parental Love and DMD i remember liking the updated model versions of the characters and i think everyone else did. So yea i can agree with you that Kaylee does look overall better.

However while the render and character model of the new version of Lexi is better i am not sure i like it over her old model tbh. I dunno something just doesn't feel right. Not sure if the hair color is throwing me off or maybe i just like her clean/smooth face over the newer one which is higher quality so you kinda see every pore on her, it kinda makes her look a lot older than previously at least to me it seems that way.

Cameltoe does look nice though :p
Tell you what I'll do that same face render with the old skin. Perhaps it will look better in combination with the other improvements.

Edit: Oh yeah forgot to mention, you are right about the hair. The color is different. I can't remember what I did to get her original color blending. Eventually I'll figure that out.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Tell you what I'll do that same face render with the old skin. Perhaps it will look better in combination with the other improvements.

Edit: Oh yeah forgot to mention, you are right about the hair. The color is different. I can't remember what I did to get her original color blending. Eventually I'll figure that out.
Perhaps, as long as you're having fun doing it and experimenting around, I'll definitely check out the end results.

Yea i think the hair is a big part of it. Personally i dislike the new color(again this being my personal preference i could very well be in the minority here), in fact it reminds me a bit of gray/old hair you see in older characters which is why i get the impression of her being much older when i look at her now, so perhaps that is throwing me off a lot.

Kaylee on the other hand, damn the more i look at her new model the more i like it. Though honestly a big reason i like Kaylee so much is the personality you gave her. She is way more easy going, more confident and assertive than Lexi and the exact amount of slutty IMO.

I've played a lot of games like these and if i had to pick a single character out of all of them whose looks and personality suit me the most, it would probably be Kaylee, she has the perfect package of both IMO.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Yeah the old skin does make her look younger. I'm torn here. I like the realism of the newer skin, but the younger look of the older skin.

I did figure out the hair btw.
Yea that looks better to me, she looks younger and that hair color just suits her better.

Did someone else take over the development for Lexi or it's done for ?
There are a few people that took over the development, so no the game isn't done for.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Yeah the old skin does make her look younger. I'm torn here. I like the realism of the newer skin, but the younger look of the older skin.

I did figure out the hair btw.
Maybe I am sentimental towards Lexi (she is my favorite) so I like the old look but I think the updated Kaylee renders look amazing!

All that aside its good to see you back at your tradecraft (y)

Zonal12

Oct 7, 2017
Seeing the Dev reply to the thread today gives me a lot of hope for future releases. Hoping for the best.

Spiderfox

Nov 28, 2018
Gamework is continues, but patreon chatterbox don,t work, what,s wrong?
Chatterbox discontinued his patreon account when he handed control of the game to new developers. They have stated they will start a new Patreon once they have a new release

Zonal12

Oct 7, 2017
Such a good game, why did Chatterbox hand it off? So much promise, really like the story, hope whoever it was given to does it justice and the story continues on a similar path.

4.70 star(s) 52 Votes