ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
yet another one thats joined my watch list..nice graphics..the mom looks older..not like a teen model..kudos there..nice story..enough initial content to leave one wanting more..two thumbs up
PS:let me have chelsea and just friendzone lexi :p

Reactions: Paranoid_android

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
if you actually read through..the actual words..about 30-45 minutes..if you are a skimmer..10-15?

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
Really enjoyed this Demo , fair amount of content and a good presentation of characters .
got a strong MrDots-vibe from this game and I really hope it will be a good game with a nice flow of updates :)

Sun Quan

Oct 10, 2017
Anyone else getting Trojan warnings from anti-virus when scanning the .zip file? I always scan every game I download before I open the archive but this is the first time I've ever gotten flagged files.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
False Positive?

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
Nice idea, even if it rips off completely the DMD and Melody structures, hell, even the same character archetypes. I'll try the game again in the future when it'll have more content.
People copy what works. After WoW everyone and their Mother announced a MMO. After Skyrim everyone announced new Open World RPGs.

I have no problem when people Copy DMD, especially since its one of my favorite Games, if its nicely made.

But oh boy the Font is kinda horrible.

fsap1

Dec 2, 2017
Writing is good, story seems to be very similar to Melody, even the character archetypes as @TheAvatar pointed out: an overprotective mother figure, a wannabe independent but somewhat innocent teen girl with an over-sexualized friend. It works but it can get predictable and not as enjoyable if you've "been there, done that".

Renders are 720p, so it looks a bit blurry fullscreen, not too bad but there's some jpeg compression artifacts in some scenes. About 20-30 min gameplay, good for a first release but it ends a bit abruptly.

Looks promising though, good luck.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
very nice start, Lexy is pretty and Kaylee horny. :D looking forward!

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Glad to see you got your game out Chatterbox, been looking forward to it after seeing you post in the forums.

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Wow! I didn't expect this to be posted so quickly. Thank you all for both the positive and negative comments. I will defiantly learn from them.

@carnalcardinal Thank you! I downloaded your game a while back and have been looking forward to playing it. Now that I have the demo of Lexi out, I should have time to do that. BTW...that first image...:)

I wanted to apologize for not including a proper description. I uploaded this at around midnight knowing that I had to get up for work in a little over three hours, and I overlooked it in my rush to get to bed. Anyway...I'll get that corrected on my patreon page tonight.

I'm glad some of you got a kick out of the 0.001. XD I had just downloaded renpy and expected to compile more than once for testing before release.

@fsap1 I rendered in 1440p and reduced. After reading comments on here, I wish I had only reduced to 1080p. I still have all the png files. It will take time, but if you guys want a better resolution, I can do that.

I'm not sure what to do about the jpeg compression artifacts. I've tried eliminating as much as I can, but in my early renders I just couldn't get rid of them all. I've learned that lighting can have an effect on that, and was able to get rid of most of it in later renders. If you guys have any advice, I would really appreciate it.

@Velimere and @1989 C.L What's happening with the font on your screen? Please explain.

In regard to similarities in archetypes to DMD and Melody. Out of all the games I've played, those are my two favorite, and I like the archetypes. I hope to deviate from that some, but this game will be the virgin, the slut, and either the popular girl, or maybe a stuck up bitch. I don't know just yet.

The concept of Lexi actually started very different from the current story line will be. While it did not include incest, and never will, it was something that was very uncommon in a VN and really pushed the boundaries. Unfortunately Patreon rules killed that in the concept phase. I won't spoil it for you, but I do still hope to put a small amount of that original idea in this game, if I can work that out with Patreon.

BTW....thank you to MrDots for the advice that got me started.

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I wish every CG in the actual game had the quality of this. Got a little bit turned down by the resolution and quality of the ingame renders
I'll be working on switching everything over to 1080p. Also I assume that by quality of the ingame renders, you mean some of the images are grainy? This is my first project, so I'm learning how to render. I'm getting better and better at it. So you have my word that I will correct those images in the near future.

fsap1

Dec 2, 2017
@fsap1 I rendered in 1440p and reduced. After reading comments on here, I wish I had only reduced to 1080p. I still have all the png files. It will take time, but if you guys want a better resolution, I can do that.

I'm not sure what to do about the jpeg compression artifacts. I've tried eliminating as much as I can, but in my early renders I just couldn't get rid of them all. I've learned that lighting can have an effect on that, and was able to get rid of most of it in later renders. If you guys have any advice, I would really appreciate it.
Well, if the problem happens even in the original renders then it's not a compression issue. I've noticed it specially with Chelsea's skin, have you reduced the texture resolution by any chance?

You could let the render run for longer, disable "Progressive Rendering > Rendering Quality Enabled" and just let it run, not for every render of course, but for those problematic ones it's a simple solution.

Lightning seems to be ok, but you can always add some more lights and if it gets too bright you can mess around with "Tone Mapping", change Exposure Value or Shutter Speed to your liking.

Photoshop can do wonders too, here's a before and after:

fenixblack

Oct 22, 2017
I'll be working on switching everything over to 1080p. Also I assume that by quality of the ingame renders, you mean some of the images are grainy? This is my first project, so I'm learning how to render. I'm getting better and better at it. So you have my word that I will correct those images in the near future.
Glad to hear that! And yes, I meant the grainy look. Not every game has to look like Milfy City or DoD, but it's just nicer to look at and raises the overall quality of the game. I'll keep and eye on this and wish you all the best with it

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Well, if the problem happens even in the original renders then it's not a compression issue. I've noticed it specially with Chelsea's skin, have you reduced the texture resolution by any chance?

You could let the render run for longer, disable "Progressive Rendering > Rendering Quality Enabled" and just let it run, not for every render of course, but for those problematic ones it's a simple solution.

Lightning seems to be ok, but you can always add some more lights and if it gets too bright you can mess around with "Tone Mapping", change Exposure Value or Shutter Speed to your liking.

Photoshop can do wonders too, here's a before and after:

What did you do in Photoshop to fix that?

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
@fsap1 If you're not already, you should freelance for devs for a reasonable percentage of profits. Your example isn't just a generic improvement; it shows real attention to what makes Chelsea attractive. I feel like the render wasn't just cleaner/sharper/whatever, but actually captured her more effectively, if that makes sense...? Not sure how to explain it other than more artist than technician, so kudos!

Oh haha, and @Chatterbox this is an excellent demo/intro, but I'm also impressed with the tone and interaction in your response to comments! That is what prompted me to become a Patron today :).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: fsap1
4.70 star(s) 52 Votes