VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Lexi [v0.052] [Chatterbox]

1. 4.00 star(s)

OleJackRipper

Pretty good!

Graphics and story.

Just about everything done right.
    My only complaint is that the foster girl seems to have a rape fantasy. While possibly being a victim of child molestation. And there didn't seem to be a path or the possibility of a regular romance path instead of a kinky path.

[Edit:
    Oh! I just remembered. Usually the arrow keys can be used to select some of the choices. This time they did not. As a lot of you can relate, it is preferable to play with one hand instead of both.]

Otherwise, it's a shame this has been abandoned or put on hiatus for 3 years.
    Good thing my abandoned folder is made with the hope that some of these games eventually continue even if that is a very unrealistic hope.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

ImariKurumi

v0.052

The best VNs have a tendency to get abandoned.

Only has about an hour of gameplay but already it has more potential than 90% of other VNs.

Well crafted characters, though we've not seen much they all have unique personalities, quirks and kinks, also their own personal story & agenda. MC so far is likeable.

Models and renders are amazing. Beautiful. Though noticeably it got lower res and not as sharp towards the later part.

So far loving the story and premise. Main plot revolves around your bodyguard duties, finding the stalker and investigating the client's cult all the while trying to salvage your broken marriage. Secondary plot is basically the personal quests of all the love interests, they seem to each have their own struggles and issues troubling them, you'd have top crack that shell open, look pass their persona. Seems there's equal focus on story telling and lewd content.

Heres hoping the dev decides to revisit this game.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

spacezombie

The game has a lot of potential but since it is abandoned it´s just a bad game and will never be something else.

The models are all very hot I liked all the girls exept the main charater I thought that he was really ugly.

The characters are all okay but sadly since it´s abanoned they will never develop and makes them just forgetable.

The sex scenes were weirdly structured but fine except that.

The grammar and dirty talk is very good.

I hated the sound effects they sounded terrible.

I can´t recomend this game since it has not enough content I had all these abandoned games.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

sixpo2

This game has a really nice graphics. Some scenes are really good and the story is also fine. Unfortunatelly there is a really small amount of scenes. Too bad this game is abandoned. This was a good start for perfect game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Jaango

This one is a gem. A fun story. All characters are nice and have different personalities. Slowburn romance is the main thing here. There many teasing and fun here. Lexie was an arrogant brat later started to loving MC. Kaylee was a teasing queen. Chelsea was gorgeous. And Laura was beautiful but a gold digging bitch. Seems like she approached MC only for money. MC also has little cute daughter. Oh no this is not the game where you try to fuck your own daughter. Infact she is very little. There is very nice father and lovely daughter bonding there. Render quality also increased, also there is sound effects. Honestly this one is really worth playing. This one got abandoned because dev died. RIP chatterbox your work will be remembered always.

Even though it's abandoned there is fair amount of gameplay. If you haven't tried this one yet try this one.

+ Great renders
    + Lovable models
    + Nice story
    + Fun and teasing
    + Slowburn
    + Sound effects
    + Good writing
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Barry Nyle

v0.052

A game about a former MMA fighter, down on his luck after a stint in prison and having to work as a bodyguard. I found the writing a bit awkward and uninteresting. The models and renders are fine. The story just didn't grab me and neither did the writing or characters or sex scenes. Just overall a straightforward but kind of unremarkable VN.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

rodian95

Wow. The story was engaging which leads to very interesting scenes.
    I know the development has been abandoned, but really would have liked some closure with the story arcs.

Even though it's been abandoned, it is definitely worth some play time.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

StephenClukis33

Damned shame this was cancelled, had a really good story driven plot and characters it sadly ends on a cliffhanger the writer had some serious talent too made you care about the characters fates & more rarely the protagonist is interesting too
  9. 5.00 star(s)

tmathis

Loved the characters and the art. Really sad that the game ended up being abandoned. Kaylee was probably one of my favorite characters across all the games I've played. Definitely worth a run through even though it's incomplete just for her.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Jnus

Great story line and pacing. Characters are well designed and rendered. It has all the makings of a harem epic. It is a pity that the game is abandoned due to one of the creators dying. I hope it will be picked up again one day.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Cynicaladm

thoroghly enjoyed playing the game so far.
    sad to hear about the passing of the principal dev...

I'm hoping that the rest of the team will be able to regroup one day, and finish this story for him.
    should it prove to be too much of a burden, emotional or otherwise, then I guess this is it. A good effort either way.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

icesherbet

Wow. I just love this game so much!!
    I love all characters except for that bithy wify. what is wrong with her?
    you need to really let us dump that whore like a garbage.
    Just looking forward to next updates!
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Sesinho

Lets start saying that every girl is a daz super model with all legs, and almost no place to grow children.
    The story has potential but the premise is broken way too early. Lexi being a spoiled brat lasts 2 scenes.

Dialogue part of the game is really good, but the structure part, and decision making are awuful.
    The decision of including those Xrays is absurd and literally game breaking. Showing stuff to the player without the protagonist of the story knowing.... I mean, whats the point of having a story then?

And the game is called Lexi, but the moment where the mc is thinking about partners Lexi is not even in the list, instead you get Chelsea, even if you reject her all the time and didnt pursue a relationship with her.

If you play for the story, theres a Statham movie with this theme, you better watch that.
    If you come for the fap, i dont judge but this game wont provide enough if you are older than 20.

For me its a poor game VN, a 2 star and if try only to pursue Lexi, theres nothing so the game will be really short. But I like the attempt and effort of giving Kaylee a nice pussy, and body texture looks good, so that deserves e star each because if only a few try to do that, it must mean something.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Tarkash

So I finally wormed myself through to my massive F95 DL folder to Lexi.
    The game of our way too soon gone Chatterbox.

What can I say...
    I had a fucking blast.
    The Setting of the MC is kinda relatable. Not perfectly believable, I imagine it rather impossible mending charges into some rehab. But It's okay. We don't play those entirely for the realism of them, do we?

The Story is really compelling and sucked me in rather quickly. And I am very picky about my Stories! So far only Milfy City, BaDIK, AWAM, and DeLuca Family made me do a deep dive into them.

The Cast:

And with Lexi that's thanks to the impressively written characters.
    I love it, if I have a good Anticharacter I can hate and bitch about. And Laura perfectly fits that bill. This greedy Golddigger with her Bitchattitude nailed it for me in the hateable Choice department.
    I wrote her off in my playthrough. Not even trying to get back together with her. Even with a divorce, there are ways to see your daughter.
    Although I pitied the poor little sweetie. oh well... 2 times birthday presents and stuff will make her happy in the long run I guess.

Chelsea... mhhh not too sure what to make about her. She seemed nice but when we get the choices presented to start something with her, I was way more invested into Lexi and her Sister so I let that one pass.
    But her being a friend of both and the way it was presented, that she had a hard time telling MC about the plans of her Bitchness with the divorce... A very enjoyable character indeed.

Lexi.
    She is a masterpiece. The way she grew up demanded a snappy, edgy character setup when she meets her bodyguard and CB delivered wonderfully. The options to tease her are funny, relatable, and really enjoyable! I love that girl. The way she starts softening up, after the, okay, hands down, the street thug pull was kinda Deus ex machina but it's okay xD, a close call and that she is a wild mixture of smart, innocent and cocky. Very well pieced together girl we have there.

Kaylee. Oh, you gotta love the older sister of Lex...
    All the teasing, her knowing what she is doing to our poor MC and her mischievous little stunts... At first, I thought she is just the typical horny hooker a lot of games are sporting as sister or best friend, but I got surprised. There is more to her than meets the eye and I'd love to investigate it further.
    The Scene in her room at the end of content gave her a nice "Too cocky for her own good" kinda spin and I love it!
    On a side note: That girl is serious fun. The way she handled her Mothers ranting about her clothes at the end made me crack so hard, I had to wipe off my tears of laughter.

Sarah, the Mother... She has her own problems. Keeping her Daughter safe, seemingly trouble with her husband. We don't really find out a lot about that so far. Or at least I didn't in my playthrough so far. But she is a relatable Mum so far and I really appreciate it. She tries to do her role as mum demands without attacking the MC like a cheap whore. Instead, I Imagine this kinda the slowest burning option in the game.

There is a sixth Girl but we don't see much of her, besides her fully nude, but that's it. nothing to say about her so far.
    (Of course, THAT has to be the cute redhead... me and my bad luck...)

The Story:

The Story develops at a nice pace.
    You Were on top and lost it all, now beggars can't be choosers and you have to take a bodyguard job for a rich and spoiled brat.
    Yeah, the way it goes on is a bit cliche but very enjoyable.
    The job grows to you, as the guarded girl does too and options open up. New girls to meet or maybe go back to your greedy golddigger wife, for the sake of your unbearable sweet little daughter!
    (Damn you CB for pulling that pity card!)
    I enjoyed it every second. I was able to hate the wife, D'awww about the little girl he has and how soft he goes on her as a doting dad and the way CB let me take my choices to handle Lexi and the other situations.

Mechanics:

The Game mechanics itself feels kind of natural. No complicated pull stunts with cellphone stuff, no search yourself stupid how to advance. It just flows naturally like a river, sometimes presenting you options on how to react.
    Although not a lot those options are well placed and felt meaningful to me.
    As I wasted kinda 10 hours playing another game yesterday, that gave me choices that didn't even matter, while forcing me down an incest route, I really appreciated this change in Lexi.
    Do you wanna play it professional? Warm or cold? Your decision.

Language:

Couldn't find major flaws. I was able to read through it fluently, the jokes were consistently cracking me up and even the few dangerous situations felt compelling and well described wordwise.

Renders:

The Renders are well done. Not as stunning as Hopes Benchmark models from DeLucafamily, but I loved and enjoyed them. If there were animations, they didn't seem clonkywonky to me but fluent, which made the game all the more enjoyable.

Renders: 4/5
    Characters: 5/5
    Storyline: 5/5
    Language: 5/5

Total: 5/5

PS: If anyone of this team is looking for a professional psych and novelist to aid in continuing this wonderful an compelling story. Feel free to contact me. I'm 99% sure about being able to pick up the character vibes of this wonderful cast continuing it. I'm just no IT girl^^
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Ghostredneck

Outstanding!! Great engaging story, Outstanding visuals.
    really was gripped played it without stopping, Char's were well written and beautifully rendered, will be watching and supporting this dev!!
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Casual Voyeur

Trust in me

The good
    • Good renders
    • Attractive girls
    • Refreshing banter
    • Kaylee's rape fantasy kink
    • Chloe (scenes)
    • Proper English
    • Text box with good readability
    • Character stats

The so-so
    • Annoying *giggles*
    • "Choices" mostly come down to "right choice" vs. "wrong choice".

The improvable
    • The MC looks like a dork.
    • Several poorly written characters, especially Laura, who's being pigeon-holed as unlikeable & one-dimensional greedy wife.
    • Annoying and immersion-breaking X-ray vision scenes (showing the "goods" before we "earned" them).
    • Constant body switches (reading other people's thoughts and watching scenes from their perspective).
    • (Ab)using the attempted-rape scene to literally expose the girls - a disgusting, low-brow crowd-pleaser.
    • Bland and corny story
    • Plot holes (the MC's wife didn’t talk to him in months, but waits for his return to tell him she wants a divorce - only to change her mind again after some days. Also, the MC is said to be completely broke, but nonetheless able to spend enormous sums on clothes and dining out).
    • Double standards (MC tries to stop someone from stalking Lexi while at the same time trying to get into her - and everyone else's - pants. It always cracks me up when adult games try to justify their MCs as the "good guys", when in fact they are the biggest creeps of all).
    • Very strange scene involving Sarah & Jason, where the renders rapidly switch between their faces (was that supposed to be... humorous?).
    • Introduction of pointless free roam mechanics at the end of the current version
    • Annoying UI elements (constant display of a pointless date icon)

The story premise sounded interesting, but sadly, it never went beyond being just a vehicle to let the MC date some young girls.
    Aside from Chloe (the MC's cute daughter) and Kaylee's kink, Lexi is just a(nother) generic harem-building VN which focuses on vanities instead of telling a compelling story.
    Four stars, although I was tempted to rate it lower.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Unexpected Error

Awesome game, feels a little bit like melody. the take on the bodyguard is a nice and fresh approach. Renders look nice, plottwists are nothing new but something that still is enjoyable. however...sadly chatterbox past away. R.I.P. mate. :/
  18. 5.00 star(s)

JRJoshJR

Really enjoyable game cant really fault it
    Story- for me doesn't lack for detail or depth, loving the MC lots of different ways you can take the story
    Animation- for lack of better wording not jerky all smooth
    X rated stuff- leaves u wanting more (in a good way)
    overall the games great, one of those games that you look forward to the update so to the developers keep doing wat ur doing because I think this a great game that can only get better
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Lamphead

Firstly the cons to this game are obvious..this is not an original plot. You would have seen many of these tropes elsewhere. Also the sound is horrible and I think I wish it wasn't even included.

But for what it is I can't think of any games that would have executed it better. The dialogue is excellent in balancing humor and personality and plot driven detail but it's brief: you'll never spend too long trapped in a scene skipping stuff because things move rapidly!

The care in crafting a believable universe is top tier. Quick example: how many times have you seen in game a fully functioning child with dialogue and a role in the story (that you don't have sex with, jesus)? Without giving anything away it serves a purpose in deepening your story with other characters you do have sex with it. The child isn't annoying or heavy handed, she kind of just serves her purposes then buggers off. That's kind of the theme with this novel, is that all the plots are done to death before, but it's really the care to set-up that makes payoffs worthwhile in this one. And there are a few payoffs..

The other big thing is renders are fantastic and animations are great. Again, for a game that's going to have a lot of teasing, it has the renders to keep you invested and happy.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

racfalcon46

This vn has so much going for it! It does remind me a bit of Melody. I feel like I really resonate with the mc's personality. Lexi is so beautiful and I am crazy for crazy Kaylee:p I can't wait for more updates!