OmegaRidley

Feb 27, 2018
how do i use freaking blorb files? i googled and everything says 'Windows Frotz' can open blorb files so i installed frotz and tried it but it can't open .blorb files... can someone explain?

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
You need the Adrift runner to play blorb files. I included it in the links I gave, but that's been deleted. It should only be the exe version of the game that produces false virus warnings, not the installer for Adrift itself, but whatever. You can still find the Adrift 5.0 runner online, or you could get a link of the game from my twitter or discord server. I'd put them on my Patreon, but they don't allow public links any more.

OmegaRidley

Feb 27, 2018
You need the Adrift runner to play blorb files. I included it in the links I gave, but that's been deleted. It should only be the exe version of the game that produces false virus warnings, not the installer for Adrift itself, but whatever. You can still find the Adrift 5.0 runner online, or you could get a link of the game from my twitter or discord server. I'd put them on my Patreon, but they don't allow public links any more.
it always tells me that it can't find a runner executable... i imported the blorb file into adrift and extracted the adventure file or something, but i can't get it to run.. i've never seen a worse/more complicated system than this adrift thingy... and i'm computer scientist ... i know some fucked up systems

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
...eh what? why would you want to put the game into the folder of adrift? o.o

normally, if a game needs a program to run, you assign the program to the file that it needs to play. for qsp games e.g. i assign all files with the aftername .qsp to the qsp program by right clicking on the file and then choosing with what program i want to open such file.

in this case however the blorb file is simply a package. i just have to double click on it and voila, it starts.
if you really have problems starting the game, please screenshot the folder that contains the game files (you should have the folder screenshots, the file LMO_1-0-0_BLORB and the pic-file Make_the_game_look_like_this; i want you to screenshot it; also screenshot the error message pls).

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
it always tells me that it can't find a runner executable... i imported the blorb file into adrift and extracted the adventure file or something, but i can't get it to run.. i've never seen a worse/more complicated system than this adrift thingy... and i'm computer scientist ... i know some fucked up systems
Sounds like you might be overcomplicating it. All you need to do is install Adrift, which comes with a "developer" for making games and a "runner" for running them. Open the runner, then within that program choose "open game" and select the blorb file.

Normally I make the executable version available too, which you can get on my other sites and stuff, and that just runs right away, but on some systems makes virus scanners suspicious.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
It should only be the exe version of the game that produces false virus warnings, not the installer for Adrift itself, but whatever.
Actually adritft itself causes the virus warnings. Not just your .exe version, which btw we couldn't download so we resorted to blorb.
Adrift runner included in your original download link:

Adrift full files (downloaded from their website):

Since we don't want to be accused of anything we included the only files which weren't detected by AV's.

Edit: Included instructions in the OP.

Velsomnia

Jul 29, 2017
Yeah anyone that plays text adventure games knows that he is a heavy hitter on the level of GoblinBoy, that said I enjoy both games in this series but without a walkthrough I just end up really mad. You have to guess the exact question and wording that was programmed in to be able to do anything and unlike most text games this does not have the programmed words listed.

Im glad that its a unique way of doing text adventure but it can be frustrating to be off by a word or two and have the engine keep spitting errors at you.

Jeno

Donor
Aug 27, 2017
As much as I'd usually enjoy digging through the game for the new endings... Can anyone provide a brief "requirements" list for how to get to them :) ?

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Not to ask a stupid question, but what is "ADRIFT" and is it a separate DL? If so, where's a reputable place to DL it from (he asks, ironically, being on a Pirate site. Yarrrr). :)

OmegaRidley

Feb 27, 2018
Sounds like you might be overcomplicating it. All you need to do is install Adrift, which comes with a "developer" for making games and a "runner" for running them. Open the runner, then within that program choose "open game" and select the blorb file.

Normally I make the executable version available too, which you can get on my other sites and stuff, and that just runs right away, but on some systems makes virus scanners suspicious.
i see, i guess the Adrift 5.0 Full Install on the official website only contains the Adrift Developer ... well i guess can't play it then, thx for the help tho.. Off to other games!

Asr127

Aug 5, 2016
Not to ask a stupid question, but what is "ADRIFT" and is it a separate DL? If so, where's a reputable place to DL it from (he asks, ironically, being on a Pirate site. Yarrrr). :)
Here you go.

This is the official site.

i see, i guess the Adrift 5.0 Full Install on the official website only contains the Adrift Developer ... well i guess can't play it then, thx for the help tho.. Off to other games!
Download the Adrift 5 Full install. When you open the program there is a small play button near the top left corner. Use that to open the game file and play.
Use this link

Reactions: Safetydummy

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
the heck? ofc you can just overread it what other people are writing to ya and pretend that you can't play the game -.-. but this game is absolutely playable. you just should let yourself help by other people too and not only from the mods or devs (especially the mods have better things to do).

As much as I'd usually enjoy digging through the game for the new endings... Can anyone provide a brief "requirements" list for how to get to them :) ?
i guess you are looking for a walkthrough? well, the LOK forum has some nice tips, is however also outdated. so new features arern't implemented in their walkthroughs i guess.

still, better than nothing:

OmegaRidley

Feb 27, 2018
the heck? ofc you can just overread it what other people are writing to ya and pretend that you can't play the game -.-. but this game is absolutely playable. you just should let yourself help by other people too and not only from the mods or devs (especially the mods have better things to do).
right back at you ;) i'm not pretending shit, the things people wrote to me were already tested, nothing new i can try so yea, it's no help when they tell me to do - what i just wrote i tried and didn't work..

downloaded blorb from blorb: mega link here
downloaded Adrift 5.0 Full Install from official website
installed adrift (only Adrift Developer is installed, NOT the Adrift Runner like dev said)
told my explorer to use Adrift for blorb files
doubleclicked on blorb file in folder
-> nothing happens (error message)

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
right back at you ;) i'm not pretending shit, the things people wrote to me were already tested, nothing new i can try so yea, it's no help when they tell me to do - what i just wrote i tried and didn't work..

installed adrift (only Adrift Developer is installed, NOT the Adrift Runner like dev said)
how about you finally send us the screenshots i wanted from you. 'till then we can just guess what's happening on ya pc.

sifilis

Apr 27, 2017
The full install contains both Developer and Runner. The default install path is C:\Program Files (x86)\ADRIFT . Go there and you'll find "dev500.exe" and "run500.exe". run500 is the runner.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
That is exactly the problem. You need the runner to run the game. Developer is for developing games. Clear?
Obviously nothing happens when you ignore what you've been told and do the opposite.

OmegaRidley

Feb 27, 2018
That is exactly the problem. You need the runner to run the game. Developer is for developing games. Clear?
Obviously nothing happens when you ignore what you've been told and do the opposite.
how about telling me how to get the runner since the full install only installs developer for me instead of blaming me for doing nothing/ignoring when you guys yourself clearly ignore my comment where i said that i only got developer from the full install.. but yea, it's always others fault, never yourself