Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Am I the only one irked seeing Niki’s name being spelled with two K’s? Probably so, but I digress lol
I dunno about others but i keep calling her Nikki cause it's a japanese name i am familiar with where as i know of no Niki. It's just one of those things where, if i'm not paying attention as i type/think, my hands will default to Nikki.

Reactions: Pedro4545454

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
How I feel mentally when Niki is called Nikki for some reason:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What I do about it:

Btw, just since it hasn't seemed to come up, on top of having Sensei recall his name, she also has him recall the place the accident happened, and it was Niki's letters delivered by Noriko that actually brought back Sensei's first confirmed memory of the past, which happened to be the night he first kissed Niki:

Niki definitely seems to fit the one true love cliché better than anyone. It's probably why Maya Prime and New Maya both feel threatened by her:
She's his childhood best friend, first real girlfriend (kind of hard to count Sekai), and is seemingly only rivaled by Chika (Miss Maximum) in sexual compatibility with Sensei. Currently she's taking care of Sensei's niece and might even move in.

New Maya is in for a brutal awakening once she realizes what Sensei's been up to. Chika and Maya (in particular) are kind of Niki blind at the moment, but we'll see for how long.

Last edited:

Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
On the subject of names, I believe you all have said Io is pronounced Eee-Oh so I was wondering, in this scene is Yuki saying Eye, short for Eye-oh, or just basically hey?

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
On the subject of names, I believe you all have said Io is pronounced Eee-Oh so I was wondering. in this scene is Yuki saying Eye, short for Eye-oh, or just basically hey?
It's more or less slang for "hey now". If Yuki was going to give Io a nickname, it'd probably be Io-chan. Similar to how she calls Tsuneyo "Tsu-chan".

Ay also probably sounds more like "A" or "Eh", than "Eye". Aye sounds more like "I" or "Eye".

Then again, I'm the same dumbass who thought Io's name was "Lo" for like, hours...so..

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
It's more or less slang for "hey now". If Yuki was going to give Io a nickname, it'd probably be Io-chan. Similar to how she calls Tsuneyo "Tsu-chan".

Ay also probably sounds more like "A" or "Eh", than "Eye". Aye sounds more like "I" or "Eye".

Then again, I'm the same dumbass who thought Io's name was "Lo" for like, hours...so..
Yuki saying "Ay" sounds in my mind exactly like the Fonz saying it in Happy Days.

4.20 star(s) 292 Votes