Mod Ren'Py Lab Rats: Avoiding NTR [v0.11.0] [Charolastra]

Charolastra

Modder
May 27, 2017
I hate the fact of the sister being used as cumdumpster so i decide to modify this.

Download and replace minor_scenes.rpy in Lab Rats /game directory

* With this mod Sister will be loyal to you
* Not start facebook conversations with other guys or send nudes.
* You will not find used lingerie.

Make a backup of the file before replacing it, in case something fails.

Nemi

May 13, 2017
Thanks! I fully agree with your sentiment. I didn't even know stuff like this could be changed with a few tweaks to a few files, so this is a very pleasant surprise for me. Appreciate the effort you put into this and the Superpowered mod.

Charolastra

Modder
May 27, 2017
Thanks! I fully agree with your sentiment. I didn't even know stuff like this could be changed with a few tweaks to a few files, so this is a very pleasant surprise for me. Appreciate the effort you put into this and the Superpowered mod.
thank you, I didn't even know how to that until yesterday when i started checking the files to see if i could change it, honestly is very easy, you can open this files with notepad and change the dialogs and modify the image.

i hope someone more experienced and/or native english speaker can fix them sometime.

Nemi

May 13, 2017
thank you, I didn't even know how to that until yesterday when i started checking the files to see if i could change it, honestly is very easy, you can open this files with notepad and change the dialogs and modify the image.

i hope someone more experienced and/or native english speaker can fix them sometime.
That's good to know, I do have Python experience so that motivates me to look into it myself once I have some time.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
I've given Vren fixes for text in the past, he incorporated some of it, but not all. So I don't really bother any more, even though I love the game and am a supporter I'm just not going out of my way now. Maybe when its done I will and post it here for those who want it.

I never really cared for the other scenes, but the only other one that might come close is Alex. Though I don't recall much of her without you, maybe one image of a cock that might not be yours. Sister and Stephanie are the only ones you should need to do a lot of though.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
For those worried about NTR, looks like Vren is already dealing with it.

Another quick update letting you know how things are going on v0.8. All of the major and minor scenes have been edited now to either include a few lines of new dialogue, provide shortcuts to content if the girl has the public tag, or lock content away unless the girl has the public tag. That means Lily will never go out banging other guys unless you train her to do that first.

Because that locks away some content, I want to make sure there's new content going into the game the replace it. Each character is getting a new minor scene, of which I've written two and made good progress on a third. For some characters, like Mom, these are focused on having the public tag because they didn't have much content that fit it already. For others, like Stephanie, it's focused on not having the public tag because a good chunk of their content already involves it.

Right now that leaves two and half minor scenes to write, imaging for everything I've done so far (including a little bit of modding to get a piece of clothing just right), and some testing to make sure nothing is super broken. This update should be pushed out within a week, I'll release a firm date once I'm 100% confident which day it will be.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Glad to see I'm not the only one feeling that way :)
Though I might go a bit further, I never use serum on Lily because I hate to corrupt a sweet innocent girl (and she's my sister to boot). I only included her in 1 game to get the harem ending but I've left her alone for the rest of the games I played (yeah, I get sucked into games real easily).

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
Honestly The first NTR I really see is if you ask mom to where slutty dress to work. The when you talk to her she tells you about all the guys she fucks.

Vren purposely made the game editable, Other game makers asked him why he did not use crypt and he said so people have the option to make changes. Hell I just go int the script and write out all the crap I don't like. When I sneak into sis's room and check her computer I wrote it to say Hey guys I just want to tell you my only sex partner is Bro. and stuff like that. Hell you can even change the pictures for the scene mom is always in sexy clothes when she greats me. Minly a Bikini or slutty clothes never the pants or work clothes.

It is the only game I found that I can have them say what I want.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Vren wanted to allow people to make their own mods and stories with the content, he just asked that you share what you do so he can check it out. Personally I don't see what all the hype whatever is on this stuff, but to each their own. The game will allow you to get around it, so there is that.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Nice to see a Lab Rats mod!

I have an (incomplete) LR mod that I worked on in Jan/Feb (the 0.2/0.3 days), because there were a number of conventions that were frustrating me. I didn't particularly like Lily becoming a cum dumpster so quickly, which is why I haven't played LR since 0.31. There's a pretty long thread over at LOK, and I participated in that discussion. I did share my ideas at the time with Vren. As far as I can tell, almost none of them were incorporated, which is perfectly fine, but IMHO, LR could be been a better game with some of them.

Not that it's a bad game, I think it's pretty fun overall. I just have different tastes I guess...

The changes since 0.3 are somewhat interesting, but the game (character corruption wise) kind of went in a direction I wasn't interested in. However, some issues continued to be unaddressed for several versions (certain key events being too random, etc.), and it's a bit of a pain to 'merge' your own code into the updated code for each release, as you have to look for all of the changes on both sides and figure out how to blend them in a good way. WinMerge helps with this immensely, but you still have to make a number of decisions, especially if you've been modifying game events...

This gave me an excuse to get my feet wet in RenPy, and since that time I've been slowly plugging away at my own project (slow laptop, plus I've become addicted to building scenes rather than just having them in the background). But I digress.

But back to the topic at hand, yeah I'm happy to see a mod where you can keep the ladies to yourself... your mod interests me, and maybe I'll give LR another go with your mod at some point (don't need the distraction right now), to get a better feel of where things are at.

Your mod looks like just the thing for those of us that wanted things to go in a different direction. Keep up the good work!

Charolastra

Modder
May 27, 2017
Thank you all for visiting and comment and thanks for downloading and using my mod, but with the new version of LR out that give you the opportunity to avoid all this stuff, i think its not necessary anymore.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
You can take the mod I did and change the wording of the scenes to say "I'm covered in MC's semen!" if you'd like.
There's also the public slut routes in hub scenes that could be changed to make it more towards the MC's preferences. Those scenes are usually found in phone conversations, mom's "after work" dialogs, Sister's computer scenes, and the pull over scene where Nora fucks the cop. You could change that to the MC rescuing Nora from a breakdown??

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
Hmmm, I just started the game, but I've really never been into the whole "get someone you're into to do other people" thing. I don't know if that means I'm insecure or just not a cuck. Maybe something in-between. I digress. Does that sort of thing result from the scenes where I'm getting the friend (name escapes me ATM) to do stuff at the cafe? I just had her masturbate there in public, and she's talking about gang bang fantasies. Does that lead to her doing other guys?

I dig the idea of them doing stuff in public with ME, but if that's where it's going, maybe this mod is for me.