Someone

Jun 3, 2017
I liked the first lab rats, but watching the screenshots at the first post totally discourage me.
Is that the representative female character for this game?

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
I liked the first lab rats, but watching the screenshots at the first post totally discourage me.
The less-than-perfect renders are placeholders while the dev works out the mechanics of the game. You can edit the files to comment out faces or bodies you don't want to see, or change the random draws to weight the faces and bodies (and tit sizes and hair styles and eye colors and heights and clothes) you like more heavily. You can change the age ranges, you can edit the mechanics of the game, it's highly customizable. Also, at this point, I should say that I'm not entirely happy with your game either, Someone.

Someone

Jun 3, 2017
The less-than-perfect renders are placeholders while the dev works out the mechanics of the game. You can edit the files to comment out faces or bodies you don't want to see, or change the random draws to weight the faces and bodies (and tit sizes and hair styles and eye colors and heights and clothes) you like more heavily. You can change the age ranges, you can edit the mechanics of the game, it's highly customizable. Also, at this point, I should say that I'm not entirely happy with your game either, Someone.
So the female characters are made by the player? That's much better.

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
So the female characters are made by the player? That's much better.
That's not exactly what I said. Or if it is what I said, it's not what I meant. You can have some control over what the girls look like with template files available, but you can't really build them like paperdolls unless you want to run your own renders. If you don't like a particular face (there's one I can't stand to look at) then edit the script random_lists.rpy and comment that line out, or weight its randomness to be used less often.

lewdman89

Jan 13, 2018
I don't know if somebody has this problem but one of my own employees left the business but she is still on the on the main office and does nothing. I can still talk with her and she comes like a employee but does no help in the lab. I think this is a bug. Is there a way to remove her like a console command?

The screenshots are old, the models are better now. You still see a fugly woman from time to time but the random generation of models has definitely improved! Give it a test but it is still not finished and does not have the same feel the first lab rats had yet

Steven_3000

Nov 17, 2018
From his Patreon

>Meanwhile the new body renders are being completed after which I will take a look at clothing items which are having clipping issues and set those to rerender as well.

I'm exited.

Pilotus13

Aug 14, 2018
Hi everyone,

I was modding the game a little bit for it to be more fun and exciting. Was doing it mostly for myself but I thought that it would be a good thing to share with the community - maybe someone would like it.
Since I'm not that confident in my ren'py programming abilities to create new files from scratch, so
WARNING! All chages are done in game core files! All mods you have done yourself would be rewritten, so keep this in mind.
WARNING2! Tried to make texts as entertaining and interesting as I could, but since I'm nowhere close to Vren in witing such things, there is a lot of copy/paste (with situational adjustments, but still copy/paste). Hope you don't mind, I tried my best:)

So, what's on the table:
- Additional option during night visit event (drunk striptease). I was just toying with strip sequence Vren introduced in v.12 and it came out like this. It is an alternative to other options, so you cannot go back to them, it ends event.
- Expanded employee training event - so that a "good" team member would thank her boss for improving her skills.
- A minor tweak on checking out event (when a girl goes to pick up something). Also fixed Vren error there so that she would not take off some of her clothes while the text clearly mention it.
- Added a little gratitude sequence to a coffee event (it is tied to an option of doping coffe, but you don't have to dose coffee for it, just select an option).
- Expanded investor visit event. First, standart options (Flirt and Seduce) actually shows the result of girl actions. Second, added a new option, that is tied to girl's obedience. Be warned however, that to go all the way there, the helper girl must be well trained in your ways of doing business. Bringing this option with unprepared girl would result in almost guaranteed loss on the event. But doing it up to the end would almost guarantee a success (didn't test the maths there but pretty sure it is a 100% chance, or somewhere close to it).
- Expanded Lily strip sequence, depending on how corrupted she is. Just small addition, nothing major, but it is there.
- Greatly expanded Jennifer weekly payment event, so that she would show her grattitude for helping her with finances. As before - higher corruption would lead to more stuff.
- A bimbo personality is now one of default personalities (so there is 4 of them istead of original 3). All texts were written by Vren so I just thought - why the heck not? Why there sould not be any already slutty girls in the town?
- Tweaked girls traits to have more slutty options (special characters as well) - we are not playing this game as business simulator, are we?
- Expanded wardrobe, using new XML system. Both default and main characters (Jennifer, Lily, Steph) wardrobes are changed. Some of it may look horrible, but adiing more different clothes is a good thing, is it not?

Some minor tweaks here and there:
- Increased max value for all skills/stats to 16, as in latter stages you don't have anything to spend points on...
- Included Cheat Mod (all credit must go to it's author - pinkelephant, I just corrected mistake that production skill was not affected and increased default values up to 12).
- Changed crisis events occurence rate to 40% (originaly it is 10%). All this and things above is because the game gets a little too grindy in my book.
- Changed values of sluttiness/obedience modifiers for different positions 'cause it seems more logical this way (come on, you get a girl on her knees and it gives you negative obedience? How so?).

Lots of the events I wrote have a different outcomes, depending on girl traits (positive only, could not make myself write things for negative ones, too lazy for that).

Maybe something else, but since I did not run a track of changes (just writing them on the go once an idea came to my mind), I don't remember. Try and find out:)

I tried to test all the new stuff I wrote for any code errors and typos, but cannot guarantee it 100%. If you find a bug - post it here so that I could work on correcting it.

Also, since I'm not on Patreon, it would be great if any of the patrons here could post it in Vren's blog so that he could implement them in future releases or it might just give him some creative ideas.

To install mod, just copy all the files from archive into "game" folder, wardrobe should also go there as a folder.

To check all non-event modifications you have to start a new game. Sorry but this is how it goes.

That's it. Hope you enjoy it!

TheMann421

May 13, 2017
Hi everyone,

I was modding the game a little bit for it to be more fun and exciting. Was doing it mostly for myself but I thought that it would be a good thing to share with the community - maybe someone would like it.
Since I'm not that confident in my ren'py programming abilities to create new files from scratch, so
WARNING! All chages are done in game core files! All mods you have done yourself would be rewritten, so keep this in mind.
WARNING2! Tried to make texts as entertaining and interesting as I could, but since I'm nowhere close to Vren in witing such things, there is a lot of copy/paste (with situational adjustments, but still copy/paste). Hope you don't mind, I tried my best:)

So, what's on the table:
- Additional option during night visit event (drunk striptease). I was just toying with strip sequence Vren introduced in v.12 and it came out like this. It is an alternative to other options, so you cannot go back to them, it ends event.
- Expanded employee training event - so that a "good" team member would thank her boss for improving her skills.
- A minor tweak on checking out event (when a girl goes to pick up something). Also fixed Vren error there so that she would not take off some of her clothes while the text clearly mention it.
- Added a little gratitude sequence to a coffee event (it is tied to an option of doping coffe, but you don't have to dose coffee for it, just select an option).
- Expanded investor visit event. First, standart options (Flirt and Seduce) actually shows the result of girl actions. Second, added a new option, that is tied to girl's obedience. Be warned however, that to go all the way there, the helper girl must be well trained in your ways of doing business. Bringing this option with unprepared girl would result in almost guaranteed loss on the event. But doing it up to the end would almost guarantee a success (didn't test the maths there but pretty sure it is a 100% chance, or somewhere close to it).
- Expanded Lily strip sequence, depending on how corrupted she is. Just small addition, nothing major, but it is there.
- Greatly expanded Jennifer weekly payment event, so that she would show her grattitude for helping her with finances. As before - higher corruption would lead to more stuff.
- A bimbo personality is now one of default personalities (so there is 4 of them istead of original 3). All texts were written by Vren so I just thought - why the heck not? Why there sould not be any already slutty girls in the town?
- Tweaked girls traits to have more slutty options (special characters as well) - we are not playing this game as business simulator, are we?
- Expanded wardrobe, using new XML system. Both default and main characters (Jennifer, Lily, Steph) wardrobes are changed. Some of it may look horrible, but adiing more different clothes is a good thing, is it not?

- Increased max value for all skills/stats to 16, as in latter stages you don't have anything to spend points on...
- Included Cheat Mod (all credit must go to it's author - pinkelephant, I just corrected mistake that production skill was not affected and increased default values up to 12).
- Changed crisis events occurence rate to 40% (originaly it is 10%). All this and things above is because the game gets a little too grindy in my book.
- Changed values of sluttiness/obedience modifiers for different positions 'cause it seems more logical this way (come on, you get a girl on her knees and it gives you negative obedience? How so?).

Lots of the events I wrote have a different outcomes, depending on girl traits (positive only, could not make myself write things for negative ones, too lazy for that).

Maybe something else, but since I did not run a track of changes (just writing them on the go once an idea came to my mind), I don't remember. Try and find out:)

I tried to test all the new stuff I wrote for any code errors and typos, but cannot guarantee it 100%. If you find a bug - post it here so that I could work on correcting it.

Also, since I'm not on Patreon, it would be great if any of the patrons here could post it in Vren's blog so that he could implement them in future releases or it might just give him some creative ideas.

To install mod, just copy all the files from archive into "game" folder, wardrobe should also go there as a folder.

To check all non-event modifications you have to start a new game. Sorry but this is how it goes.

All that zip file did was break my game.

Exception: Could not find return label (u'E:\\RPProject\\LR_2_Proto/game/script.rpy', 1493066801, 13).

That's not the directory my game is in.

D

Deleted member 207364

All that zip file did was break my game.

Exception: Could not find return label (u'E:\\RPProject\\LR_2_Proto/game/script.rpy', 1493066801, 13).

That's not the directory my game is in.
Have you tried starting a new game? Where/how did you get this error? My game works fine.
Also @Pilotus13 most sex positions still give negative sluttiness/obedience. I think no negative stats would be best.

Pilotus13

Aug 14, 2018
pinkelephant
It was originally written by Vren so that positions give negatives, but OK, here is the file with no negative adjustments - I agree with you that negatives are illogical. Make game challenging, but illogical. Now - zero or positive for everything. Remember, you have to start the a new game for this to take effect.

TheMann421 - I actually have no idea what error you have, never encountered this myself and also the path you wrote - if it's not the folder your game is in, it is neither the folder my game is in. So no ideas there. Maybe you should just install a clean game (download it from here or Vren's blog) and copy the files from archive. Remember, the files must go to ...\LabRats2\game folder, overwriting the existing files. If you don't get asked to overwrite files - you are copying them in the wrong folder. Hope this helps.

johntrine

Oct 14, 2016
Hi everyone,

So, what's on the table:

before i try this.... does the cheat part of it include easy obedience/happiness/sluttiness generation for a girl? i'm assuming new version will have to be started from the beginning but dont want to have to train 20 girls all over again...

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
pinkelephant
It was originally written by Vren so that positions give negatives, but OK, here is the file with no negative adjustments - I agree with you that negatives are illogical. Make game challenging, but illogical. Now - zero or positive for everything. Remember, you have to start the a new game for this to take effect.

TheMann421 - I actually have no idea what error you have, never encountered this myself and also the path you wrote - if it's not the folder your game is in, it is neither the folder my game is in. So no ideas there. Maybe you should just install a clean game (download it from here or Vren's blog) and copy the files from archive. Remember, the files must go to ...\LabRats2\game folder, overwriting the existing files. If you don't get asked to overwrite files - you are copying them in the wrong folder. Hope this helps.
If you are talking about the negative penalty to sluttiness when you choose to do the deed on the floor instead of bed or desk... that actually makes sense to me. The subtraction occurs AFTER the sluttiness check on the character to see if they'll accept the position... all of the positions have a recommended sluttiness, and a maximum sluttiness effect (for example, deepthroat has a maximum sluttiness effect of 4 hearts [I think], if I'm understanding that right, you can only bring a character to 4 hearts of sluttiness during deepthroat sex). So by putting them on the floor and having it temporarily subtract from their sluttiness, it's dropping the baseline so that say you have 4 hearts already in sluttiness, you can have her deepthroat on the floor (where it drops to you 3 and 1/2 hearts), and the position can raise her sluttiness back up to 4.

Then after the sex sequence is over, that temporary "penalty" goes away and their sluttiness bumps up from 4 during the sex to 4 and 1/2 after the sex (even though deepthroat should only be able to get you up to 4 hearts with them). If you've also chosen the option that you want them to get YOU off (which subtracts half a heart from their sluttiness at the very beginning), then you can have them deepthroat you on the floor till they have 4 hearts... and then when the sex act is over the temporary penalty goes away and you've jumped them to 5 hearts despite the 4 hearts limit.

Bear in mind that it's certainly possible I've misunderstood what the maximum sluttiness per position indicator means... but working under my assumption above has worked out well to get the girls where I want them in terms of sluttiness level.

Pilotus13

Aug 14, 2018
before i try this.... does the cheat part of it include easy obedience/happiness/sluttiness generation for a girl? i'm assuming new version will have to be started from the beginning but dont want to have to train 20 girls all over again...
Obedience and happiness are included (you can have up to 16 charisma so those stats are easily increased - thanks to pinkelephant mod). Sluttiness - no, you still have to train girls.
I see that I'm not the only one who sees the game a bit too grindy...

Pilotus13

Aug 14, 2018
If you are talking about the negative penalty to sluttiness when you choose to do the deed on the floor instead of bed or desk... that actually makes sense to me. The subtraction occurs AFTER the sluttiness check on the character to see if they'll accept the position... all of the positions have a recommended sluttiness, and a maximum sluttiness effect (for example, deepthroat has a maximum sluttiness effect of 4 hearts [I think], if I'm understanding that right, you can only bring a character to 4 hearts of sluttiness during deepthroat sex). So by putting them on the floor and having it temporarily subtract from their sluttiness, it's dropping the baseline so that say you have 4 hearts already in sluttiness, you can have her deepthroat on the floor (where it drops to you 3 and 1/2 hearts), and the position can raise her sluttiness back up to 4.

Then after the sex sequence is over, that temporary "penalty" goes away and their sluttiness bumps up from 4 during the sex to 4 and 1/2 after the sex (even though deepthroat should only be able to get you up to 4 hearts with them). If you've also chosen the option that you want them to get YOU off (which subtracts half a heart from their sluttiness at the very beginning), then you can have them deepthroat you on the floor till they have 4 hearts... and then when the sex act is over the temporary penalty goes away and you've jumped them to 5 hearts despite the 4 hearts limit.

Bear in mind that it's certainly possible I've misunderstood what the maximum sluttiness per position indicator means... but working under my assumption above has worked out well to get the girls where I want them in terms of sluttiness level.
I assume you may be correct. I didn't test the changes to positions/locations modifiers that much to be sure of the gameplay outcome. If your idea is right, I may need to reverse it, otherwise it would make impossible to reach max level (5 hearts).
You can use script file from my original post - sluttiness is mostly unchaged there.

johntrine

Oct 14, 2016
Obedience and happiness are included (you can have up to 16 charisma so those stats are easily increased - thanks to pinkelephant mod). Sluttiness - no, you still have to train girls.
I see that I'm not the only one who sees the game a bit too grindy...
yeah... while i dont want to come off as forceful, would be swell if someone could mod someway to do that easily. seeing that mod made me feel like booting up the newer version and try it out, but remembering all the hassle of wardrobe and grind stops me. any chance a "cheat menu" in game could be added that maxed out by the first action. (though sluttiness would be difficult as to max it, you would have to max suggestion first. also, does this mod/will this mod let you edit the women's stats?

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
yeah... while i dont want to come off as forceful, would be swell if someone could mod someway to do that easily. seeing that mod made me feel like booting up the newer version and try it out, but remembering all the hassle of wardrobe and grind stops me. any chance a "cheat menu" in game could be added that maxed out by the first action. (though sluttiness would be difficult as to max it, you would have to max suggestion first. also, does this mod/will this mod let you edit the women's stats?
Its not a mod per se but if all you want is to change happiness and/or sluttiness on a specific girl:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aquifol

Oct 26, 2018
Its not a mod per se but if all you want is to change happiness and/or sluttiness on a specific girl:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
While I rarely advocate such uses of the console (I namely only ever use money just to avoid some grind) this console line was very important recently in which I had assumed 'Ornery' wasn't working as advertised/at all, and had included it in extended day to day serum. Or at least that's what I think. All I know is that there was a very sudden decline and I think there might have been some sort of stacking effect or something, I'unno. 90+ across the board suddenly became 20-50.

Reactions: Forcesofdarkness
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes