LonDonJohnSon

Feb 14, 2019
Just tried this game and found it overwhelming. I liked the concept, but just couldn't understand the research paths, and missed the first contracts. After that, the second week I came to work on a Saturday to barely make the second contracts, and all the serums produced that day disappeared into thin air. Probably missing something, or maybe a bug.

Would it help if I played the first game before, to better understand how the serums work?
this has always been my problem. if you like the concept of the serums and want some really great, hot events, Lab Rats 1 is one of the best h-games ever imo. With the DogMod, it's one of the best and most interesting without being overwhelming games. LR2 has always been a game I open up after 6 months to try to get into, and even after taking my ADHD meds, I just cannot wrap my head around all of the cockamamie systems they'd come up with. It's just way too much.

• Wow
Reactions: CSNRC and techguy00

anhell

Jul 29, 2019
How to stop the city manager? I have all her stats complete but she keeps coming...

Can do everything except stop her from coming, she always says it's because of the city

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
How to stop the city manager? I have all her stats complete but she keeps coming...

Can do everything except stop her from coming, she always says it's because of the city
It's been ages since I played this, but I'm pretty sure that you can't stop the visits.

Talmudic

Jan 5, 2023
In case anyone's curious, these are my current edits to the vanilla game
Code:
Search "dalzomo" (18 hits in 9 files of 259 searched)
  C:\Nothing\Lab Rats\Lab_Rats_2-v0.51.1-pc\game\game_roles\role_cousin.rpy (3 hits)
    Line  124:         global strip_club_no_of_strippers #defining the global keyword to fix crash bug ~dalzomo
    Line  129:         global strip_club_no_of_strippers #defining the global keyword to fix crash bug ~dalzomo
    Line  793:     $ special_stripper_hire(the_person) #changed stripper_job to the_person per Mialamo ~dalzomo
  C:\Nothing\Lab Rats\Lab_Rats_2-v0.51.1-pc\game\game_roles\role_employee\_duty_definitions.rpy (4 hits)
    Line  71:         research_amount = mc.business.research_progress(the_person.int, the_person.focus, the_person.research_skill, the_person.calculate_job_efficency()) #changed supply_skill to research_skill ~dalzomo
    Line  72:         research_clarity_production_check(the_person, research_amount) #moved comma if that matters ~dalzomo
    Line  75:         research_amount = mc.business.research_progress(the_person.int, the_person.focus, the_person.research_skill, the_person.calculate_job_efficency() * 0.5) #changed supply_skill to research_skill ~dalzomo
    Line 266:         mc.business.sale_progress(the_person.charisma, the_person.focus, work_skill, the_person.calculate_job_efficency()*effect) #changed hr_progress to sale_progress and the_person.int to the_person.focus ~dalzomo
  C:\Nothing\Lab Rats\Lab_Rats_2-v0.51.1-pc\game\game_roles\role_mother\role_mother_main.rpy (1 hit)
    Line 1005:                                         the_mom "Yes [the_mom.mc_title]. I'll get completely naked for you." #changed the_mom.title to the_mom.mc_title ~dalzomo
  C:\Nothing\Lab Rats\Lab_Rats_2-v0.51.1-pc\game\game_roles\role_mother\role_mother_work.rpy (1 hit)
    Line 1389:                                 $ the_person.salary = the_person.calculate_base_salary() #added the_person to calculate_base_salary per Mialamo ~dalzomo
  C:\Nothing\Lab Rats\Lab_Rats_2-v0.51.1-pc\game\game_roles\role_nora.rpy (1 hit)
    Line 234:     if did_research: #fixed? where is did_research set to get this branch? ~dalzomo
  C:\Nothing\Lab Rats\Lab_Rats_2-v0.51.1-pc\game\general_actions\interaction_actions\sex_mechanics.rpy (1 hit)
    Line  290:                     "Tell her to take over.": #added this choice block to allow voluntary control switch ~dalzomo
  C:\Nothing\Lab Rats\Lab_Rats_2-v0.51.1-pc\game\helper_functions\random_generation_functions.rpy (1 hit)
    Line   5:         if renpy.random.randint(21,100) < split_proportion: #changed 1 to 21 to kill Patreon characters ~dalzomo
  C:\Nothing\Lab Rats\Lab_Rats_2-v0.51.1-pc\game\major_game_classes\business_related\Business.rpy (2 hits)
    Line 540:             for modifier_tuple in self.sales_multipliers: #added line to fix multipliers ~dalzomo
    Line 541:                 serum_value = serum_value * modifier_tuple[1] #added line to fix multipliers ~dalzomo
  C:\Nothing\Lab Rats\Lab_Rats_2-v0.51.1-pc\game\major_game_classes\game_logic\Position.rpy (4 hits)
    Line 156:             elif mc.energy < self.calculate_energy_cost(mc) or the_person.energy < self.calculate_energy_cost(the_person): #changed guy_energy to calculate_energy_cost(mc) and girl_energy to calculate_energy_cost(the_person) ~dalzomo
    Line 221:             elif mc.energy < self.calculate_energy_cost(mc) and the_person.energy < self.calculate_energy_cost(the_person): #changed guy_energy to calculate_energy_cost(mc) and girl_energy to calculate_energy_cost(the_person) ~dalzomo
    Line 224:             elif mc.energy < self.calculate_energy_cost(mc): #changed guy_energy to calculate_energy_cost(mc) ~dalzomo
    Line 227:             elif the_person.energy < self.calculate_energy_cost(the_person): #changed girl_energy to calculate_energy_cost(the_person) ~dalzomo
Thanks for taking the time to work this out. I tried my hand at this, but I don't know how to code, and I was getting syntax errors without really getting anywhere. Any advice? Thanks!

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Thanks for taking the time to work this out. I tried my hand at this, but I don't know how to code, and I was getting syntax errors without really getting anywhere. Any advice? Thanks!
Posting the errors you're getting would be a good start

edit: and I see that one of those lines (290 in sex_mechanics.rpy) would cause an error, since it's only part of a larger edit I made to my game. Just delete that line if it's causing your problems

Last edited:
Reactions: Talmudic

Talmudic

Jan 5, 2023
Posting the errors you're getting would be a good start

edit: and I see that one of those lines (290 in sex_mechanics.rpy) would cause an error, since it's only part of a larger edit I made to my game. Just delete that line if it's causing your problems
I tried it again, and it seems I was able to clear the issue. I was using notepad, so I was a little confused about the line numbers, as they didn't quite match up on my end. Still, I was able to sus out what I needed to do. Thanks again for the guide.

Although, now that I am here, I don't suppose you know how to turn off the event where women will ask you to call them different names or offer to call you different names? That shit gets annoying after a while, if you play long enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: dalzomo

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
I tried it again, and it seems I was able to clear the issue. I was using notepad, so I was a little confused about the line numbers, as they didn't quite match up on my end. Still, I was able to sus out what I needed to do. Thanks again for the guide.

Although, now that I am here, I don't suppose you know how to turn off the event where women will ask you to call them different names or offer to call you different names? That shit gets annoying after a while, if you play long enough.
I haven't done it myself, but it might be as simple as searching for some of the text they say (that's not name-related) and commenting out the event block.* I'll play around with it today and post a definite answer later

And I recommend using Notepad++ for editing renpy files. Much more functional than basic Notepad

*edit: nope, this throws an error

Last edited:

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Talmudic In vanilla, the title change event fires if the girl's Obedience is below 130 and then it's practically 50/50 if she wants to change hers or yours. I tried out a few things this morning and this is what I settled on as what may be the least work to disable the event altogether. You can still initiate title and name changes yourself through the "give her a command > change how we refer to each other" option but using this change unless you manage to reduce a girl's Obedience below -130 they shouldn't initiate it themselves. You could also alter the Obedience requirement to only slightly lower than 130 if you want to cut it off at an earlier value instead of disabling it. This does not require a new game

Code:
  C:\Nothing\Lab Rats\Lab_Rats_2-v0.51.1-pc\game\crises\limited_time_crises\general_LTE.rpy (2 hits)
    Line  38:         if the_person.obedience > -130: #If she has higher obedience she ONLY lets you change her title. #changed 130 to -130 to disable this event ~dalzomo

Last edited:

techguy00

May 3, 2021
this has always been my problem. if you like the concept of the serums and want some really great, hot events, Lab Rats 1 is one of the best h-games ever imo. With the DogMod, it's one of the best and most interesting without being overwhelming games. LR2 has always been a game I open up after 6 months to try to get into, and even after taking my ADHD meds, I just cannot wrap my head around all of the cockamamie systems they'd come up with. It's just way too much.
I couldn't feel more the opposite. I played LR2 first and I've played thru it start to finish like 7 times (finish for me being basically mastering all the serums and finishing the plotlines available). After my first time playing LR2 I tried to play the first one and it was so slow and dull I gave up on before I even got halfway thru. The only thing LR1 seems to have over LR2 is it's an extremely linear VN vs a sandbox so it could be a preference thing on which of those two you prefer, but yeah for me LR2 is far superior. It's a shame Vren didn't finish it for whatever reason I really hope the mod team does finish it.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes