• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.70 star(s) 51 Votes

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
Oh, no, I didn't grab the update, so I'll check that out. Thanks for the heads up!

I think the bug was caused by the fact that I hired the granddaughter as part of her mother's event, so I assume the event only bothers to tie the new daughter hire to her mother, and doesn't check for the presence of 2nd or 3rd degree relatives. So, the middle generation has their relation to both the older and younger generations tied in, but the older/younger generations aren't tied directly to each other correctly.
Yea, the randoms from hire menu may do that, tough the randoms created at new game should never have this issue.

Jahelric

Jun 25, 2017
That's right. If selective amnesia is at the end of the list of traits in a serum, then the values stored in the effect_dict of that serum may disappear, and then the default values will be used, and they are quite high.
That's what I was suggesting:
# Original idea by divas72

import copy
from game.bugfix_additions.SerumTraitMod_ren import SerumTraitMod
from game.major_game_classes.character_related.Person_ren import Person, mc, list_of_instantiation_functions
from game.major_game_classes.serum_related.SerumDesign_ren import SerumDesign
from game.major_game_classes.serum_related.serums._serum_traits_T3_ren import mind_control_agent

"""renpy
init -1 python:
"""
list_of_instantiation_functions.append("init_amnesia_serum")

def amnesia_trait_on_apply(person: Person, serum: SerumDesign, add_to_log: bool):
# We need to find a serum with the Amnesia trait in the active person's serums and save it.
for design in person.serum_effects:
if id(design) != id(serum) and design.has_trait(amnesia_trait):
serum.effects_dict["precondition for a amnesia trait enhance crisis"] = design

serum.effects_dict["love"] = person.love
serum.effects_dict["obedience"] = person._obedience
serum.effects_dict["happiness"] = person.happiness
serum.effects_dict["sluttiness"] = person._sluttiness
serum.effects_dict["pregnant"] = person.is_pregnant
serum.effects_dict["broken_taboos"] = person.broken_taboos.copy()
serum.effects_dict["opinions"] = copy.deepcopy(person.opinions)
serum.effects_dict["sexy_opinions"] = copy.deepcopy(person.sexy_opinions)
serum.effects_dict["sex_record"] = person.sex_record.copy()

if add_to_log:
mc.log_event(f"{person.display_name}: now has selective amnesia", "float_text_red")

def amnesia_trait_on_remove(person: Person, serum: SerumDesign, add_to_log: bool):
# If the stored serum is no longer there, and it was, then the girl must remember what she shouldn't remember.
if (d:=serum.effects_dict.get("precondition for a amnesia trait enhance crisis", None)) and d not in person.serum_effects:
if not "amnesia trait enhance crisis" in mc.business.event_triggers_dict:
mc.business.event_triggers_dict["amnesia trait enhance crisis"] = True
turns = serum.duration * (serum.duration - 1) // 2 if self_generating_serum in serum.traits else serum.duration
xday = day + (turns - serum.duration_counter)//7 + 1
mc.business.add_mandatory_crisis(
Action("Сrisis Of Amnesia Trait With Precedent", amnesia_girl_crisis_requirement, "amnesia_girl_crisis_label",
args = person, requirement_args = [person, xday]))

person.love = serum.effects_dict["love"]
person._obedience = serum.effects_dict["obedience"]
person.happiness = serum.effects_dict["happiness"]
person._sluttiness = serum.effects_dict["sluttiness"]
person.broken_taboos = serum.effects_dict["broken_taboos"]
person.opinions = serum.effects_dict["opinions"]
person.sexy_opinions = serum.effects_dict["sexy_opinions"]
person.sex_record = serum.effects_dict["sex_record"]
if not serum.effects_dict.get("pregnant", True) and person.is_pregnant:
person.event_triggers_dict["preg_mc_father"] = False
person.event_triggers_dict["immaculate_conception"] = True #TODO: Complete the event where the girl tells you that she got pregnant in an impossible way with the opportunity to confess paternity.

if add_to_log:
mc.log_event(f"{person.display_name}: selective amnesia has faded", "float_text_red")

def amnesia_trait_enhanced_on_apply(person: Person, serum: SerumDesign, add_to_log: bool):
# We need to find a serum with the Amnesia trait in the active person's serums and save it.
pre_amnesia = serum
for design in person.serum_effects:
if id(design) != id(serum) and design.has_trait(amnesia_trait) or design.has_trait(enhanced_amnesia_trait):
pre_amnesia = design

# Instead of storing the current data in a "restore point", we retrieve data from an existing point:
# NOTE: For dicts and lists we use a direct link instead of creating a copy because when pre_amnesia expired its action and is deleted, these lists and dictionaries will still be in memory.
serum.effects_dict["love"] = pre_amnesia.effects_dict.get("love", None) or person.love
serum.effects_dict["obedience"] = pre_amnesia.effects_dict.get("obedience", None) or person._obedience
serum.effects_dict["happiness"] = pre_amnesia.effects_dict.get("happiness", None) or person.happiness
serum.effects_dict["sluttiness"] = pre_amnesia.effects_dict.get("sluttiness", None) or person._sluttiness
serum.effects_dict["pregnant"] = pre_amnesia.effects_dict.get("pregnant", None) or person.is_pregnant
serum.effects_dict["broken_taboos"] = pre_amnesia.effects_dict.get("broken_taboos", None) or person.broken_taboos.copy()
serum.effects_dict["opinions"] = pre_amnesia.effects_dict.get("opinions", None) or copy.deepcopy(person.opinions)
serum.effects_dict["sexy_opinions"] = pre_amnesia.effects_dict.get("sexy_opinions", None) or copy.deepcopy(person.sexy_opinions)
serum.effects_dict["sex_record"] = pre_amnesia.effects_dict.get("sex_record", None) or person.sex_record.copy()

if add_to_log:
mc.log_event(f"{person.display_name}: now has selective amnesia", "float_text_red")

def amnesia_girl_crisis_requirement(person, xday):
if mc.business.event_triggers_dict.get("amnesia trait enhance crisis", None) and day >= xday:
if person.is_employee: return mc.is_at_work
elif person.is_family: return mc.is_home
else: return not (mc.is_at_work or mc.is_home)
return False

def amnesia_trait_crisis_requirement():
return mc.business.event_triggers_dict.get("amnesia trait enhance crisis", None) and amnesia_trait.mastery_level > 3.0

def init_amnesia_serum():
amnesia_trait = SerumTraitMod(name = "Selective Amnesia",
desc = "As suggested, this trait blocks the person's ability to store experience from the short-term memory into the long-term memory, when the serum expires all primary stats and opinions will be restored to the values prior to taking the serum, including sex acts and how she got pregnant.",
positive_slug = "Blocks memories",
negative_slug = "Restores all major stats and opinions to the value before taking serum",
research_added = 1000,
base_side_effect_chance = 100,
on_apply = amnesia_trait_on_apply,
on_remove = amnesia_trait_on_remove,
tier = 3,
start_researched = False,
requires = [mind_control_agent],
research_needed = 2000,
clarity_cost = 1500,
mental_aspect = 7, physical_aspect = 1, sexual_aspect = 3, medical_aspect = 2, flaws_aspect = 0, attention = 5,
start_enabled = True)

enhanced_amnesia_trait = SerumTraitMod(name = "Selective Amnesia Enhanced",
desc = "This trait blocks the person's ability to store experience from the short-term memory into the long-term memory, when the serum expires all primary stats and opinions will be restored to the values prior to taking the serum, including sex acts and how she got pregnant.",
positive_slug = "Blocks memories",
negative_slug = "Restores all major stats and opinions to the value before taking serum",
research_added = 1000,
base_side_effect_chance = 100,
on_apply = amnesia_trait_enhanced_on_apply,
on_remove = amnesia_trait_on_remove,
tier = 3,
start_researched = False,
research_needed = 2000,
clarity_cost = 1500,
mental_aspect = 7, physical_aspect = 1, sexual_aspect = 3, medical_aspect = 2, flaws_aspect = 0, attention = 5,
start_enabled = False, allow_toggle = False)

mc.business.add_mandatory_crisis(
Action("Enhance Amnesia Trait Crisis", amnesia_trait_crisis_requirement, "amnesia_trait_crisis_label",
args = None, requirement_args = None))
I am assuming I would just post this into the Command Prompt if I wanted to use it?

themagiman

Mar 3, 2018
I got the mom to get a boobjob and go back to work with the story that I have to wait for something to happen for the next step of her getting NTRd by her boss but nothing is happening. What do I need to do?

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017
Is this true? I've been grinding so much on that sex shop, got to the strap-on DP part, and then nothing.
Do I need $200,000 in pocket to trigger the stripclub or something? [i'm on non-blackmail cousin route]
Yes. I can't remember the exact number, but you literally need the cash available to purchase the strip club in your wallet before the event will trigger and it is a lot.

Edit: I may be conflating the trigger for building the mansion and purchasing the club in my memory. I do know it's possible to purchase the club without blackmailing the cousin though as people have linked screenshots with it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Granted this post is three years old and the triggers could have easily been changed since then. My advice would be to advance Cara's story and fully invest in the shop before you try to save money. Both of those things should make saving easier anyway. Locating the club first is also a requirement.

Last edited:

Harvey Danger

Jul 10, 2017
Ok, I have maxxxed her out, I set her up with like 4 slutty outfits. but no trigger to move forward. :(
I must be still missing something.
The game MIGHT be waiting for her to talk to you about changing the policy. Are you playing with the download from here, or with the "develop" branch from the gitgud repository?

Harvey Danger

Jul 10, 2017
Yes. I can't remember the exact number, but you literally need the cash available to purchase the strip club in your wallet before the event will trigger and it is a lot.

Edit: I may be conflating the trigger for building the mansion and purchasing the club in my memory. I do know it's possible to purchase the club without blackmailing the cousin though as people have linked screenshots with it.

Granted this post is three years old and the triggers could have easily been changed since then. My advice would be to advance Cara's story and fully invest in the shop before you try to save money. Both of those things should make saving easier anyway. Locating the club first is also a requirement.

The strip club costs $60k. The mansion, as you rightly call out, costs $200k.

Reactions: jackeasy

Dregrin

Nov 20, 2017
So I have a few bugs in my brain for ideas to add to the game, So I'll list them here in hopes someone can tell me if the ideas could be implemented and if so how I might get them added.

1. Opinion cheat option: could an option be added to set all opinions to one thing, or an option to set all sexy opinions the same setting, as well as an option to make all opinions on a given girl known in a single click instead of having to click through each one.

2. Recruit family talk option: The cheat menu used to have an option to force events and i would use that to build a business around a few families, Like everyone in HR and supply is just one woman and her 8 daughters. If possible I would like just that option to be available to talk to someone and recruit available children/mother from them. Hire some woman, change her last name to Asshole and turn my company into a spaceballs reference. as an example

3. Drone personality/serum: similar to the bimbo serum I would like to see a drone serum that turns the person into a mindless drone. Effect would be robotic speech patterns and a permanently maxed out obedience and for employees setting their salary really low since they are now mindless robots you're just paying enough to feed and then won't complain. Maybe a drone storage room for them all to move into as well.

3b. storyline involving the drone serum and using it to convert named characters into robotic drones. convert your whole family into drones who stop leaving your house and wait obediently to serve you. potentially the same with the other unique characters. The ultimate idea would be leading to a "drone" endgame where you convert the whole city into obedient robotic drones

4. Harem uniform: Setting a uniform for everyone you add to your Harem to have them all wear the same outfits, with color variety like the relaxed uniform color policy. Would need to be secondary to other uniforms so they change from harem clothes to work clothes for example.

Reactions: Ilikecorruption

themagiman

Mar 3, 2018
So I have a few bugs in my brain for ideas to add to the game, So I'll list them here in hopes someone can tell me if the ideas could be implemented and if so how I might get them added.

1. Opinion cheat option: could an option be added to set all opinions to one thing, or an option to set all sexy opinions the same setting, as well as an option to make all opinions on a given girl known in a single click instead of having to click through each one.

2. Recruit family talk option: The cheat menu used to have an option to force events and i would use that to build a business around a few families, Like everyone in HR and supply is just one woman and her 8 daughters. If possible I would like just that option to be available to talk to someone and recruit available children/mother from them. Hire some woman, change her last name to Asshole and turn my company into a spaceballs reference. as an example

3. Drone personality/serum: similar to the bimbo serum I would like to see a drone serum that turns the person into a mindless drone. Effect would be robotic speech patterns and a permanently maxed out obedience and for employees setting their salary really low since they are now mindless robots you're just paying enough to feed and then won't complain. Maybe a drone storage room for them all to move into as well.

3b. storyline involving the drone serum and using it to convert named characters into robotic drones. convert your whole family into drones who stop leaving your house and wait obediently to serve you. potentially the same with the other unique characters. The ultimate idea would be leading to a "drone" endgame where you convert the whole city into obedient robotic drones

4. Harem uniform: Setting a uniform for everyone you add to your Harem to have them all wear the same outfits, with color variety like the relaxed uniform color policy. Would need to be secondary to other uniforms so they change from harem clothes to work clothes for example.
All good options please do them. Also do a brainwashing segment to combine with the drone serum to take workers and turn them into drones over a few days. Branching storylines on how to bring this out to the population of the city.

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
Be nice if we could get an update where we could work on some kind of cure for infertility for Camilla.

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
Damn, I do not know how to trigger the stripclub stuff, I'm pretty far into Cara/Sexshop quests.

I tried spending evening with her a few times, I mean, maybe I'm missing some sort of 'test sex thing' with her still that i need to work my way to, during 'help her close'?

I'll attach screenshot of her progress screen, maybe someone knows specifically what I need to do.

Be nice if we could get an update where we could work on some kind of cure for infertility for Camilla.
We can get Erica pregnant, with her infertility right? at least someone said you need to do a few things with... um nanobot given traits or something, does this method not work for Camilla?

Last edited:

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
Damn, I do not know how to trigger the stripclub stuff, I'm pretty far into Cara/Sexshop quests.

I tried spending evening with her a few times, I mean, maybe I'm missing some sort of 'test sex thing' with her still that i need to work my way to, during 'help her close'?

I'll attach screenshot of her progress screen, maybe someone knows specifically what I need to do.

We can get Erica pregnant, with her infertility right? at least someone said you need to do a few things with... um nanobot given traits or something, does this method not work for Camilla?
don't know. But I'll keep trying

ACME

Feb 9, 2018
On the time capsule...

I assume that if you put stuff in there on a new run your mother would find those potions inside instead of the red, blue and purple? Or what's the deal with that thing?
Sorry, the what?
The time capsule is a seperate event from the mother, in one play you store there the serum and in next start of the game after mother talk about those serums the time cpsule event kicks in

Arok

Oct 14, 2017
Hey o/

When I try to load my v2023.10Beta saved game with 2024.05A, I get this.
Am I missing a version in between ? Or any suggestion ?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 479, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
AttributeError: Can't get attribute 'Job' on <renpy.python.StoreModule object at 0x0000000003c4cfd0>

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "D:\BD\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\BD\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "D:\BD\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\BD\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3582, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "D:\BD\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4543, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "D:\BD\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1179, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "D:\BD\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1179, in event
  File "D:\BD\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 770, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "D:\BD\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1403, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "D:\BD\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 281, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "D:\BD\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1142, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "D:\BD\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1075, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "D:\BD\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 372, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\BD\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 379, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 479, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "D:\BD\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 815, in load
    roots, log = loads(log_data)
  File "D:\BD\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\compat\pickle.py", line 100, in loads
    return load(io.BytesIO(s))
  File "D:\BD\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\compat\pickle.py", line 97, in load
    return up.load()
  File "D:\BD\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\compat\pickle.py", line 93, in find_class
    return super().find_class(module, name)
AttributeError: Can't get attribute 'Job' on <renpy.python.StoreModule object at 0x0000000003c4cfd0>

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business 2024.05
Wed May  8 09:21:25 2024

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hey, guys!

Great game, played it a lot during previous stages too. One question: how to get Lily to work for me in the latest release?
Also why can't I access the university? I think it was available in previous releases, wasn't it?!

Thanks!
the university is unknown at first to not distract players. you need to reach serum tier 2 or 3 so you have to talk to nora, it would uncover it since a few releases.

I tried asking on Discord, but no answer there. Is the amnesia trait really bugged or not? I included my save. You can take a look at it. Give the mom the "Toy" serum and skip a few days. When the serum ends, she will have lower sluttiness and much lower obedience. Not sure why...
yes its broken, it doesnt reference the right parameters. there was a bug like that in the original release, would clamp values (a parameter cant exceed the maximum limit) and still subtract the amount it should have added.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
It's been a while since I played around with Renpy (and I've never been brave enough to play around with the code from this game specifically), but from a general programming perspective, this sounds like something that would only require a basic For loop.

I would like to see a drone serum that turns the person into a mindless drone. Effect would be robotic speech patterns and a permanently maxed out obedience and for employees setting their salary really low since they are now mindless robots you're just paying enough to feed and then won't complain.
Adding an effect where girls have robotic speech patterns would require writing lines of dialogue with robotic speech patterns (probably for every existing line of dialogue in the game that any girl ever says). I don't know if anyone would be willing to put in that much effort, but having permanently maxed out obedience and low salary would be a lot more doable.

roofisonfire549

Feb 1, 2019
The game MIGHT be waiting for her to talk to you about changing the policy. Are you playing with the download from here, or with the "develop" branch from the gitgud repository?
yeah, this is how it was for me. I gave her the outfits and then eventually I got a scene where I needed to convince the police chief as well

dragonflame

Mar 9, 2020
they need to add male to the game. as much i like to see all women with mc. i like to see npc male making a move on your girls

Reactions: Kenarius90

krzay

May 24, 2021
I missed the "Kaya studies with Erica" events because they progressed too quickly

GRRRRRR

Another save game wasted, ahuhu T_T

• Sad
Reactions: rb813
4.70 star(s) 51 Votes