4.70 star(s) 52 Votes

Chameleo

May 20, 2017
I just checked the code and it's literally storing the original value and restoring it afterwards. If you can reliably reproduce the weirdness, please feel free to mention it on the discord in the #bug-reports channel (maybe with a copy of your save and step by step instructions so that whoever decides to investigate is able to try to reproduce on their side). :)
I think it's the problem of using multiple of these serums. Maybe I can't use more than one? When one ends it puts the person where he was before, but when the second one ends, it goes even below that?

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
Um, I searched thread for answer, got all the required steps, and months into game, Ashley still has not triggered!

Suggestion trait researched [drug that has +10 suggestion, right? but I only got it to mastery 1.5, does that matter?]
Have Stephanie as your head researcher [she started as such, and I have not changed her position]
Have an open employee spot [sitting on 2 open slots now]
Your business needs to be open for at least 14 days [10000% beyond this]
Then, monday followed all those. [months in game]

edit: ok ok i got stephanie mixed up with Sarah, let me take stephanie out on date next to test. [I'm pretty sure the search results i looked through mentioned it being sarah's sister, but meh]

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Um, I searched thread for answer, got all the required steps, and months into game, Ashley still has not triggered!

Suggestion trait researched [drug that has +10 suggestion, right? but I only got it to mastery 1.5, does that matter?]
Have Stephanie as your head researcher [she started as such, and I have not changed her position]
Not sure if there is also a research tier requirement or others or you set your crises events too high so this one never gets a chance to fire as others take over all the time, but if all else fails go on a date with Steph to find her home location. Ashley will also be there if visit that location (do not go at night though) and you can hire her directly when love and other stats high enough to make her offer to hire.

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
Not sure if there is also a research tier requirement or others or you set your crises events too high so this one never gets a chance to fire as others take over all the time, but if all else fails go on a date with Steph to find her home location. Ashley will also be there if visit that location (do not go at night though) and you can hire her directly when love and other stats high enough to make her offer to hire.
I have sarahs location unlocked, she is alone there. Do I need to wait for her to SECOND time: 'go on date if i work saturday' random event/trigger/whatever?

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
I mean, it looks like you added a shitzillion all at once - most of us don't do that.
Eleven, lol, but sure. Pardon me for enjoying variety. Here I thought the point of a customizable wardrobe was to customize the wardrobe.

Harvey Danger

Jul 10, 2017
Eleven, lol, but sure. Pardon me for enjoying variety. Here I thought the point of a customizable wardrobe was to customize the wardrobe.
Wasn't a criticism, simply an observation. I would have taken the "add 'em as you unlock stuff" approach, personally, so your different use stood out to me. Both ways of using the feature are fine.

Also, just fyi, Trist updated the dev branch 3 hours ago:
1714851044193.png

Instructions for how to install & use the dev branch are probably at and if not they're around here and/or in the discord somewhere for sure. :)

Reactions: rb813

Harvey Danger

Jul 10, 2017
Alright, I'm not sure about the selective amnesia trait. I tried to use it in my serum which doesn't have any negatives except a small decrease of happiness. The trait should bring stats back to where they were before ingesting the serum, but the people usually get way below where they were. From 20 sluttiness to 0, from 102 obedience to 62 etc. Am I doing something wrong?
I mean, going by what's in the code they should each reset the stats to whatever they were when the serum took effect - it's not a math thing, it's basically hardcoded. "Set SAVETHISVALUE = current_sluttiness" at the start, and then "Set current_sluttiness = SAVETHISVALUE" when it wears off. That being said, I haven't used the trait myself at all, so I can't personally speak to its behavior. Might be worth asking in the discord!

Bug?
Sometimes a persons hair becomes transparent, and I can see the persons head's outline/shape through the hair :(

edit: after some testing, it seems its mostly 'Black' and 'Brown' color, EVERY hair style is affected.
[and yea, like 1 or two other colors it is slightly visible aswell, but not too bad]

edit: another Bug?
The Sex Shop Owner [Cara] love and/or 100% sluttiness dropping each day :(
I've added these to the "bug reports" channel in the discord - that's the most effective way to get issues like this in front of the folks what can fix 'em, just FYI. :)

Ok, are some :star: characters forever missable?
Example:
InstaPic Girl [Iris] (unlocking oral taboo for sister, you can 'Let's Make a Deal', she asks you to buy phone, InstaPic Girl shows up when you do? ... only way?)
^if I go route of breaking the taboo 4 times instead of 'convincing', does InstaPic Girl [Iris] never show up?
re the bold/underlined part: I am reasonably sure that she is missable, yes. That being said, she also doesn't (currently) have a whole lot of content outside of that event, so changing that isn't likely to be a super-high priority. Sometimes you don't meet people, y'know? =\

How does Erica mention her financial issues?
When you're on good enough terms with her (high love, you MIGHT need to have fucked? not sure on that part), it'll be a button you can click when interacting with her.

Oh! Talk to her and agree with her opinions/juice her up with serums until her happiness number goes up. "Above 120/character model is smiling" is a good threshold to aim for in general.

i cheated myself to all the tiers, did i lock myself out of her?
Possibly? Turning on her meeting event might be done by the "upgrade to T1" event with steph. Worth asking in discord!

I've posted this in the "bug reports" channel in discord for you, and also floated the suggestion that maybe we shouldn't rely entirely on RNG for events that lock that much content behind them; we'll see how that goes. :)

Reactions: Wolfdragon20

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I have sarahs location unlocked, she is alone there. Do I need to wait for her to SECOND time: 'go on date if i work saturday' random event/trigger/whatever?
Not Sarah, but Stephanie the sister of Ashley. They (Ashley and Stephanie) share same apartment in game. Just ask Stephanie out for date movies or restaurant and if she is impressed she will take you home with her for sex and home will unlock in game after the date and that will give you access to Ashley so can hire her.

Last edited:
Reactions: McLOVINu

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
I've posted this in the "bug reports" channel in discord for you, and also floated the suggestion that maybe we shouldn't rely entirely on RNG for events that lock that much content behind them; we'll see how that goes. :)
It was my error, I got Sarah mixed up with Steph, so sorry.

Edit: tested, it works. So please mention this to the bug channel whatever, that it wasn't a bug, just a mix up.

Last edited:

maladroit

Oct 13, 2022
Was something changed in the flags/triggers around Prone position in the latest version? Couple times now I've gotten the prompt to try it and the girl has just flatly refused, even with very high obedience and sluttiness. What's going on with this?

bobjones9792

May 27, 2017
Ok, are some :star: characters forever missable?
Example:
InstaPic Girl [Iris] (unlocking oral taboo for sister, you can 'Let's Make a Deal', she asks you to buy phone, InstaPic Girl shows up when you do? ... only way?)
^if I go route of breaking the taboo 4 times instead of 'convincing', does InstaPic Girl [Iris] never show up?
There's a lot of missable content, unless there was a LOT of changes in this version. Iris is missable, don't change incest opinion for sis, and make sure you do the deal. For most, to be on the safe side, hire people if someone explicitly offers or suggests it, you don't have to hire alexia right away for example, but not hiring ellie will screw you over. Go through the tiers without using clarity, except the final one is ok. Don't hire your family members until you've completed ALL of their questlines. Blackmail Gabrielle, agree to find her, and make sure you have $50000+ money, fully invested cara, and decently corrupted aunt before exposing where she works. There's more, just try not to do things which will obviously shut down routes.

Larans

Oct 15, 2019

edit: ok ok i got stephanie mixed up with Sarah, let me take stephanie out on date next to test. [I'm pretty sure the search results i looked through mentioned it being sarah's sister, but meh]
IIRC you should also need to have up to 10 slots unlocked I think.

@ssssssss

Nov 7, 2023
Scene: First scene in r&d after buidling test room per stephanie request.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/game_roles/role_head_researcher.rpy", line 840, in <module>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_unique_on_room_enter_event'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 460, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 464, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 506, in script call
  File "game_roles/role_head_researcher.rpyc", line 840, in script
  File "C:\Users\megac\Downloads\New folder (19)\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\megac\Downloads\New folder (19)\LabRats2-Reformulate-2024.05-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/game_roles/role_head_researcher.rpy", line 840, in <module>
  File "game/people/Ashley/production_assistant_role_definition_ren.py", line 48, in add_mc_serum_intro_action
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_unique_on_room_enter_event'

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business 2024.05
Sat May  4 23:28:33 2024

test951

Jul 24, 2017

For the introduction event you need to have unlocked research tier 1 as well. The exact requirements are
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
Has it been confirmed?...
that you HAVE to go the blackmail route for cousin to get a fully unlocked stripclub? [i think someone said you can own it, and assign workers to it?]

Or is the non-blackmail path the same result? [owning and assigned workers to stripclub + of course cousin romance]
If not, I sure hope the devs at least have planned to allow both paths lead to that. As I don't like rape, and I don't like blackmail.

Judging by what is in the game already, seems 3 main paths: Obedience, Love, Lust. (with some slightly dipping into ntr or blackmail).
I hope dev plans to eventually have all 3 major paths worked out for the majority of the *Star characters.

Reactions: rb813
4.70 star(s) 52 Votes