[Ren'Py] [Cheat Mod] Lab Rats 2 - Cheat Menu [v2.1] [Trollden]

Aug 8, 2017
Overview:
This is a mod that acts as a cheat menu for Lab Rats 2 and should be compatible through further versions of the game
Should be free of bugs, feel free to request features and edit the mod as you see fit yourself
If you do happen to run into any bugs please report them in the thread below and include the trace back of the error​

Updated: 5/2/2019
Game/Creator: /
Modder: Trollden
Mod Version: v 2.1
Game Version: v0.13.1

Features:
Press "z" to open up the cheat menu
(The mod enables console by default press Shift+O to open it, this is in case any unforeseen errors happen caused by the mod)

Gives you the ability to change the stats and arousal of the player character plus the following options for other characters:

Stats change
Arousal change
Personality change
Hair and hair color change
Skin change
Body change
Face change

Installation:
Extract the content of the mod into the game folder inside of Lab Rats 2
Start Lab Rats 2 and load a save then press z to call the cheat menu

To uninstall simply delete LR2_Cheat_Mod_Trollden_v2.rpy from the game folder

Change-Log:
v 2.1 Implemented the ability to change faces
------
v 2.0 Initial version of the mod

Download:

4thezone.PNG

Attachments

Oct 3, 2017
I'm confused how this mod is for v 0.13.0 despite the newest version on the site being 0.12.1...? Is this for the Patreon backer version?

Aug 8, 2017
I'm confused how this mod is for v 0.13.0 despite the newest version on the site being 0.12.1...? Is this for the Patreon backer version?
It's been tested on version 0.13.0 (patreon backer version), but uses the same basis as the cheat menu made by someone during 0.12.1 so should be compatible with all current and future versions as long as the variable naming doesn't change, and if it does then that is a quick fix that I can do or can be done yourselves.

On a side note, version 0.13.1 is out to the public now on Vren's patreon. (fixes the mismatched faces and overall new rendering system for the characters)

zalamander

Oct 2, 2017
Since i don't really know my way with renpy, but i know python and reverse eng:

To fix the faces, the cheat code has to modify the image database. The faces database is built in script.rpy lines 2334-2360.

the_person.expression_images.position_dict is an array that have the location of the images.
the_person.expression_images.positions_set have the set of positions of the character
the_person.expression_images.emotion_set have the set of emotions of the character
the_person.expression_images.special_modifiers have a set of special cases (kiss and BJ) for some reason the author handles them specifically.

the_person.expression_images.position_dict[position][emotion] has the location and image file corresponding to the face, and this is what has to be regenerated to change the face.

Hopefully somebody who knows its way with renpy can do it.

Aug 8, 2017
Since i don't really know my way with renpy, but i know python and reverse eng:

To fix the faces, the cheat code has to modify the image database. The faces database is built in script.rpy lines 2334-2360.

the_person.expression_images.position_dict is an array that have the location of the images.
the_person.expression_images.positions_set have the set of positions of the character
the_person.expression_images.emotion_set have the set of emotions of the character
the_person.expression_images.special_modifiers have a set of special cases (kiss and BJ) for some reason the author handles them specifically.

the_person.expression_images.position_dict[position][emotion] has the location and image file corresponding to the face, and this is what has to be regenerated to change the face.

Hopefully somebody who knows its way with renpy can do it.
I was just about to say that I am finally giving up on this after two days, but after cross checking your information with what I got from Vren I finally got it to work.

To make the changes:

Code:
the_person.expression_images = Expression("name","skin","face_type")
e.g change to face type 1, orgasm expression and white skin:

Code:
the_person.expression_images = Expression("orgasm","white","Face_1")
followed up with:

Code:
the_person.draw_person(the_person)
and it works as intended.
Going to start implementing it right now and update soon, hopefully. Unless I get stuck somehow.

----------------------

Edit: Done. Note that faces will match the color of the character's skin tone, but the skin tone does not check for the color of the face. This is a feature and not me being too lazy to implement that.

Aug 8, 2017
Mod doesn't work for me. Won't bring up the cheat menu. Playing V0.13.1.
I got to confirm some questions I have before I can possibly fix that for you.

Are you playing on Windows / Mac or Linux?
What is your keyboard layout and language? e.g QWERTY - English
Have you pressed the correct hotkey? "z" case sensitive, caps-lock and shift will make it a "Z".
Are you using any other modifications to the game?
Have you tried starting a new game to see if that works?

I downloaded both version 0.13.1 of the game and version 2.1 of my mod and it works fine, so the issue is most likely on your end, but in what regards I do not know yet.

Aug 18, 2016
I got to confirm some questions I have before I can possibly fix that for you.

Are you playing on Windows / Mac or Linux?
What is your keyboard layout and language? e.g QWERTY - English
Have you pressed the correct hotkey? "z" case sensitive, caps-lock and shift will make it a "Z".
Are you using any other modifications to the game?
Have you tried starting a new game to see if that works?

I downloaded both version 0.13.1 of the game and version 2.1 of my mod and it works fine, so the issue is most likely on your end, but in what regards I do not know yet.
Windows, QWERTY, No other mods, started a new game to begin with, and I think the problem was caps-lock. Because I'm an idiot. Thank you for the response.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.