Lab Rats 1.5(Development Thread)

Jun 9, 2017
LAB RATS 1.5
Working title 'CONSEQUENCES'

This is the development thread for the planned remake of LAB RATS 1 and 2 by trying to mash together elements of both games into a more cohesive whole.

I am making this thread to gauge interest and take suggestions, wishes and general feedback from the player base at large. The thread is also to help us with brainstorming about the following:
- game mechanics
- general story ideas
- route progression

Any help/feedback/guidance will be deeply appreciated.

Jun 9, 2017
The basic motivation behind the endeavor is to make a worthy spiritual successor to LR1. Lab Rats 2 while an interesting experiment had 2 fatal flaws. An over reliance on menus and the management of the company and making Lab Rats 1 totally inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

The goal of this project is to create a more dynamic feeling sandbox where the core elements of LR, the creeping corruption of characters can be actualized in interesting and unpredictable ways.

NPC's will be broadly categorized as Hero and generic characters. They shall act according to their character traits. %202.jpg img_11.jpg img_20.jpg img_23.jpg img_28.jpg %878.png sprites_littlesister_sitting_sadangery.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Banger323
Jun 9, 2017
Juggling all 3 roles is being a pain. Only so much time in a day unfortunately.

Visuals
I've basically ironed out the sprite generator for generic character hair and clothes. Only issue being the time it takes for rendering them out is pretty substantial. I also expect the map to change significantly over time. It's a placeholder for now.

Story
This part has undergone significant expansion and updates over the original hence why calling this project Lab Rats would be disingenuous.

Coding
Setting up the sandbox and the navigation system is proving a challenge.
mapdevz2.png image_2024-02-26_220546824.png %39901.png %39902.png %39907.png %39909.png %39912.png

Reactions: Banger323