VN Others Completed Kira Kira [Overdrive]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ShiKage89

Purple Turtle
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
22609.jpg

Overview:
Shikanosuke Maejima is a student at the Missionary school, Oubi Academy. He doesn't attend his club, he doesn't put much effort in his studies, all he does is show up at his part time job; in short, his life could be better. One day, he meets a strange girl, Kirari Shiino, at work and before he knows it, they've formed a punk band.

The band consists of Shikanosuke, Kirari, his childhood friend Chie Isurugi, and a rich but weak young lady by the name of Sarina Kashiwara. The four of them are members of the Second Literature Club, which has hardly any active members and is already scheduled to be disbanded. This band is their chance to stand out and give one final farewell at the Culture Festival.

The challenge was foolhardy, but after eccentric training they managed to succeed and rock out the peaceful Oubi Academy with their debut performance. That should have been it.
They were satisfied.
They should have returned to their normal lives.
However, their final performance at a local Live House became a hit on the Internet and requests for their performance start flying in from far and wide.

One problem: exams are coming up and their parents are opposed to the band!

Who cares!

The four of them embark on their final adventure, a long tour of Japan, armed with their dreams and their instruments, all aboard a rickety van that could fall apart at any moment.

"First stop, Nagoya!"​

Title: Kira☆Kira
Original Title: キラ☆キラ
VNDB:
Updated: 2009-06-24
Developer:
Publisher:
Censorship: NO
Version: Complete
Language: English
Fandisc: , d2b VS Deardrops -Cross the Future-
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Download: - -

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Now that I'm noticing it... the first words of the Overview for these old games are like... the same for each and every one.
"<your name> it's a student", "<your name> it's just a student", "<your name> is a normal person", "<your name> it's a normal japanese man". Jesus. Such fantasy they hadXD

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
This feels familiar, it certainly appears to have the same plot as the game I'm thinking of. Not a bad game if I remember correctly.

ShiKage89

Purple Turtle
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
Now that I'm noticing it... the first words of the Overview for these old games are like... the same for each and every one.
"<your name> it's a student", "<your name> it's just a student", "<your name> is a normal person", "<your name> it's a normal japanese man". Jesus. Such fantasy they hadXD
Lol... yes as creative as they are with there games they seem to lose something in the overview's don't they >.<

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Lol... yes as creative as they are with there games they seem to lose something in the overview's don't they >.<
Guess the guys writing the overviews aren't the same guys writing the games. :p

ShiKage89

Purple Turtle
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
Lol well its true since a lot of visual novels u only see your character's body or a darken shot of a face that you can't see the details... make me wonder what the point its? couldn't they decided on what the face should look like...

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Lol well its true since a lot of visual novels u only see your character's body or a darken shot of a face that you can't see the details... make me wonder what the point its? couldn't they decided on what the face should look like...
For immersion. So it's easier for you to see yourself as the protagonist.
Never works for me. I'd much rather he have his own name and face.

ShiKage89

Purple Turtle
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
Agreed I can never image my self over a character like that...
Eh well what can ya do? lol.

Reactions: mesoru

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Some authors can make good use of a naming function, but I too prefer to have a face to associate with the character. All these faceless 3D characters in western games are killing me. It's one thing if the project commits to it's first person perspective, but if it deviates and makes shots so that your head is out of frame it just gets weird.

Reactions: mesoru

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
I remember playing this cause of the ending for Kirari I can never forget this game.

Add: why only this one was uploaded wheres about Kirakira 2, I haven't played that one so please someone upload please..

Leonhardt

Jun 22, 2017
For immersion. So it's easier for you to see yourself as the protagonist.
Never works for me. I'd much rather he have his own name and face.
Since a lot of VN-s do this I guess it works :p I can understand the fact that the protag is as blank as it can get to help the immersion but the whole no face thing is a bit too much XD

I already said this at a dreadrops thread but this is an awsome game and I love it so I can only recommend it. It didn't surprise me that this got uploaded after dreadrops.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
love this game i am redoing it because of mangagamer doesn't plan to fix their grammer and spelling mistakes

MattStryker

Apr 28, 2017
Has anyone else had issues with the persistent saves? My file saves remain constant but everytime I close the game I lose access to the extras suite and all the text goes back to unread. Does anyone know a solution to this?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote