VN Ren'Py Kindread Vol 1: The Redburns production thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
KR_AlleyVisit.jpg

Someone's come to make sure that work is continuing.

Planning to release chapter 1 in November.
Unfortunately, due to some plot additions, your meeting with Marie will now be in chapter 2. But that just means more time with this taskmaster.

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
Ok, honest question. I've played a little bit of ep 0 and just couldn't move past it:

What's with the obsession of the MC being bossed around by the girls?

Like... maybe there was some justification in later points of the game but... Why? I'm sorry, this is probably just the last drop on that theme, but why?

desmosome

Forum Fanatic
Sep 5, 2018
Ok, honest question. I've played a little bit of ep 0 and just couldn't move past it:

Like... maybe there was some justification in later points of the game but... Why? I'm sorry, this is probably just the last drop on that theme, but why?
Technically the relationship is up to your interpretation, but if there was a patch (there will be probably), he would be living with mom and older sis.

Reactions: inkalicious

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017

Technically the relationship is up to your interpretation, but if there was a patch (there will be probably), he would be living with mom and older sis.
In this vn, the MC is reaping the whirlwind of his outrageous behaviour.
The shenanigans he gets up to are spoken about, here and there (who rubs their cock on another's toothbrush?!). Almost all takes place before we join them, but the opening scene is the last straw.

It's only because he hasn't touched them (we think), that's probably saved him from being expelled from the group. Also that he's young and it'd likely be a death sentence.
Well, that and they care about him for some reason.

The vn uses the apocalypse as a way to pressure the group and their actions. Whether that be in their attitude, actions or relationships.
It's also designed so that you come to your own conclusions about what relationship they all have with each other. But it looks like that isn't enough for some.
I am aware that there is a patch on LewdPatcher. Obviously I have no connection to this, as I am not a degenerate.

Last edited:

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
I like the update a lot but can we get a bit of a walk through (or a hint system in game).

Also, I find myself missing some content at the end, with pictures Ch1_267 and Ch1_268.

Is there a reason why I can't get those pictures in game? Thanks.
Haha. Damn.
They're for the next chapter. Shhhhhhh...

There is a walkthrough, but I've kept it for patrons only I'm afraid.
As the game is free, I don't have much else to reward their patronage with. But of course, I can't stop it being shared.

The main thing is that the game itself is pretty linear for the 'good' content, but there are subtle scene differences related to the girl's feelings for you. Though not too many differences for now.

I will give you one pointer, as it was early in development and I got the weighting wrong.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Ch2_Marie.jpg

Marie is here to distract you for a while as I build the next chapter.

Chapter 2 will see the beginning of smaller chapters, so that I can release them quicker. This likely doesn't mean monthly releases, but quicker.

And with the holidays in a few weeks, comes a pause in production. After that I'm aiming for January release and, if all goes well, you'll be meeting Marie then. I think you'll like her.

Last edited:

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Really good potential here and the start is excellent. Also glad to see you so active here
inkalicious. I can really feel the characters personalities come through. The CG's are pleasing enough, although the Mom appears a bit young for having 2 adult children (not that she isn't pleasing or milfy enough, she definitely has Mom attitude)
T2 Paetron +1

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Really good potential here and the start is excellent. Also glad to see you so active here
inkalicious. I can really feel the characters personalities come through. The CG's are pleasing enough, although the Mom appears a bit young for having 2 adult children (not that she isn't pleasing or milfy enough, she definitely has Mom attitude)
T2 Paetron +1
Thanks acewinz. I'm going to admit that ageing the older redhead was down to my lack of knowledge around HS. I've since discovered how to achieve it (kinda), but don't want to retcon her look. (Can you retcon visuals? Probably).

Yeah, the attitudes and situation needs to change fairly speedily in the vn, even under the pressure of imminent death/undeath. But I'll use time jumps, so we can see how things quickly become 'normal'.
And there are obvious, and not so obvious, changes happening already.

Spoilers within spoilers...

Very glad you enjoyed it and hopefully I'll be able to maintain the quality (in a slow process kinda way, like a maturing whisky).

Reactions: Casual Voyeur

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
Why the images arent for widescreen?
Anyway found some dialogue bug, should be you sister's name there not mom, there are several lines bugged in that scene

Reactions: Casual Voyeur

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Why the images arent for widescreen?
Anyway found some dialogue bug, should be you sister's name there not mom, there are several lines bugged in that scene
Yep, spotted those thanks (and unfortunately some others). It comes from tinkering with the text too much. I'm terrible for that. I'll fix them in the next update.

The format is from when I first started producing this. Back then it was illustrated.
Even though it was a pain to convert, I kept it at this size as I preferred the claustrophobic view it gives (and I couldn't see it needing the 16:9 format for the vistas).
Any future Kindread vn's might see a change in this though.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Damn, i found Buttons in a signature, and then i found THIS in another signature in the Buttons thread... damn, both are games that are worth waiting for. Thank you for your work, keep it up!
Thanks Qtyaelgar. I wasn't really aware of how useful signatures are, so hopefully more people will find their way to the goodies.

Reactions: ForeverFree2Be
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes