4.50 star(s) 4 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
殻ノ少女-SVHPメインビジュアル-EN.jpg

Overview:
The year is 1956; a series of bizarre murders rocks the city of Tokyo. Tokisaka Reiji, an ex-cop turned private eye, joins the investigation at the behest of his friend Uozumi Kyozo, a detective in the MPD. At the same time, he takes on a missing persons' case at a private all-girls high school, as well as a mysterious request from a girl named Toko to find her true self. As Reiji frantically struggles to crack the case, he learns that the murders bear an uncanny resemblance to a case in which his own fiancé was murdered six years ago. But try as he might, the body count just keeps rising...​

Original title: 殻ノ少女
Thread Updated: 2023-07-29
Release Date: Japan 2008-07-25, English Version 2011-06-29, Voiced Edition 2013-10-04, FULL VOICE HD SIZE EDITION 2019-12-20, Patch v1.04 2020-07-06
Developer:
Censored: No
Version: 1.04
Language: English, Japanese Voice
Sequel: Kara no Shojo II
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -

Full Voice HD Size Edition
Win:
- - - - -
Special BGM Collection

- - - -
Shiravune Censored Full Voice HD Size Edition
Win:
- - - -

Thanks to superelmo for the torrent.

Kara-no-Shoujo-screen1.jpg Kara-no-Shoujo-screen2.jpg Kara-no-Shoujo-screen3.jpg e089-1024x576.jpg ss_02_english-1024x576.jpg e003-1024x576.jpg e014-1024x576.jpg e017-1024x576.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Errrrgh, I'm in a pinch...

Played (and soldiered) through the first game to the true end (I think), but that was like 6 years ago... Been putting off playing part 2 for years. I've been close to reading some detailed summary (if there's such a thing) for 1 -to refresh memory- a couple of times, so I can finally get to the grinding of 2...

But now a new version of 1 comes out?! It calls itself a fully-voiced HD version. And that makes me wonder, did I play a fully voiced or partially voiced part 1, because on vndb (now after checking) there is a "Regular Edition" from 2015, which has "Includes voices that were previously excluded from a download edition." as a description... xD
Could you Twistty perhaps tell which version this exactly is?

Also, do you guys figure that this new version will get English localization? I'm assuming it's only the voices and HD that is the difference...
Because if an upgraded version in English is soon coming, I guess it would be best to wait and re-read this classic in it full glory.

At any rate, much thanks for the uploads!

Fleabag

Aug 2, 2018
Errrrgh, I'm in a pinch...

Played (and soldiered) through the first game to the true end (I think), but that was like 6 years ago... Been putting off playing part 2 for years. I've been close to reading some detailed summary (if there's such a thing) for 1 -to refresh memory- a couple of times, so I can finally get to the grinding of 2...

But now a new version of 1 comes out?! It calls itself a fully-voiced HD version. And that makes me wonder, did I play a fully voiced or partially voiced part 1, because on vndb (now after checking) there is a "Regular Edition" from 2015, which has "Includes voices that were previously excluded from a download edition." as a description... xD
Could you Twistty perhaps tell which version this exactly is?

Also, do you guys figure that this new version will get English localization? I'm assuming it's only the voices and HD that is the difference...
Because if an upgraded version in English is soon coming, I guess it would be best to wait and re-read this classic in it full glory.

At any rate, much thanks for the uploads!
Maybe late, but answer:
Yes, you have played in the partially voiced version. But the only difference between the old version and the new one is HD CG's and voicing of mc (Reiji). That's why the new version is full-voiced, in original mc was silent. So actually, you'll miss nothing if skip the new version.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Maybe late, but answer:
Yes, you have played in the partially voiced version. But the only difference between the old version and the new one is HD CG's and voicing of mc (Reiji). That's why the new version is full-voiced, in original mc was silent. So actually, you'll miss nothing if skip the new version.
Thx for the reply!

Looked into it a bit more since my post, and yeah, apparently Part 2 had voice for both the protag(s) -so including Reiji-, and his VA couldn't do the voice for the upcoming Last Episode so they decided to re-release with a new VA for Keiji, both Episode1 and Episode2. And since EP1 didn't have any Keiji-voice originally, that meant changing from "partially" to "fully" voiced.

Was quite satisfied with the new detective's voice actually, after having a look at a few minutes of gameplay of the new version on youtube. But hey, I had nothing to compare it to, though (haven't yet played 2 with the other VA).

At any rate, while they were at it, they decided to rework the CG into HD.
Just fyi, though, supposedly the sprites received a very minor touch-up, too.

So, if anyone knows whether there is an effort by some most respectable modders/die-hard fans of patching in the English script into the new version, please DO tell. I think it could be worth the wait.
But if not, then yeah, would miss nothing if only rereading the old(er) version.
Though I really hope someone's working at it...

Reactions: Fleabag

GA123

Jul 1, 2017
So, if anyone knows whether there is an effort by some most respectable modders/die-hard fans of patching in the English script into the new version, please DO tell. I think it could be worth the wait.
oneline8 from made a patch for the old version.
It also adds the untranslated prologue chapter that was somehow missing from the mangagamer release..

No idea if all the HD CGs have been included. It says "some new CGs".

Also, if anyone who has the skills feels like translating a little, offering help on vndb to get that prologue done would be awesome :)

Reactions: Zippix and Twistty

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
oneline8 from made a patch for the old version.
It also adds the untranslated prologue chapter that was somehow missing from the mangagamer release..

Also, if anyone who has the skills feels like translating a little, offering help on vndb to get that prologue done would be awesome :)
Adding to that, I would like to mention that oneline8 seemingly decided to ultimately go the extra mile, and eventually try to port the English to the new HD full-voiced version.
Which will probably be hell, as apart from the yet non-existent gadgets and tools he will have to compile to do so, he will need to deal with the not-REALLY-that-subtle differences bw the two Japanese scripts (and the MG tl one, obviously) - like a good couple of lines rearranged, a few conversations/monologues streamlined, some very few lines added, and some actually cut out (not counting the untranslated pre-prologue chapter, the new script is actually a bit smaller) and yada-yada.

So yeah, someone able and with Japanese fluency showing up definitely would be appreciated! xD

We should really just wait for that Eng->Jap HD port, since from what I could make out from the conversation at vndb, it seems that the new version has much more nuanced changes to the CGs and sprites and whatnots, than it first met the eyes. Like not just upscaled CGs, but a little touched up (as in, e.g. being a bit more gruesome) as well, more than a couple of times. The reason why only "some new CGs" have been added, is that he hasn't yet read the VN, and seeing the CGs (which he would to some degree need when building and checking the patch) would obviously spoil the story.

I say it's still a good couple of months down the road, but it would be worth the wait - at least that's my opinion as someone who hasn't yet read Episode 2, wants to re-read after many years Episode 1, but with Reiji's voice too, if possible. :)
------------
EDIT: Twistty : so glad you added that second version into the OP (dunno if it was the edit from a couple of days ago or not), since that mentioned (which GA123 and myself have been talking about above) Reiji voice patch -for those who want to try it as it is now- only can be applied to that version, at least that is how it seems to me... And that (2013) version is seriously nowhere else to be found, actually... (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Twistty

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Zippix the second version is from my collection.
It's the original version MangaGamer first offered - if I remember correctly?
The first version is voiced patched.

Reactions: rKnight
4.50 star(s) 4 Votes