• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

KADOKAWA supports Windows XP SP3

Mar 15, 2019
My Window's OS is XP SP3 and i can't play KADOKAWA games such as Ways Of Life, Nano-Control, Renryuu - Ascension, etc.
Is there any softwares could help so Windows XP SP3 able to play KADOKAWA games?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
If I am not mistaken, Kadokawa games are built on top of NW.js, which doesn't support XP since v0.14.7.
You may try this solution (I haven't tested it on XP though):
- download the latest XP-compatible version of NW.js
- extract it
- move both the "package.json" file and the whole "www" directory of the game into the NW.js folder
- launch the game by double.clicking NW.exe

NW.js v.0.14.7:
- (with )
- (with )

Alternatively, you can install Windows 7 in dual boot or create a Win7 virtual machine. ISOs are available on the Microsoft website.

Reactions: DQDoniQ

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Wow, there are people still using XP to this day? This is amazing

Mar 15, 2019
If I am not mistaken, Kadokawa games are built on top of NW.js, which doesn't support XP since v0.14.7.
- extract it
- move both the "package.json" file and the whole "www" directory of the game into the NW.js folder

NW.js v.0.14.7:
- (with )
- (with )

Alternatively, you can install Windows 7 in dual boot or create a Win7 virtual machine. ISOs are available on the Microsoft website.
Thank you very much, i'll try the NW.js later when my brother comes coz ima not good enough with technical problems. And for win7 suggestions i think my brother would say to me, hey incest is good for us try it with me he said, but never try win7 or so on because your pc only using Pentium IV which is caused lagging if it using windows OS higher than windows XP SP3 :cry:

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
I don't know how to say this politely, but I strongly recommend saving to get a better PC, Pentium 4 is an old model and you won't get far with it. Also, check the model of the processor to see if it supports 64-bits systems, WindowsXP and 7 both have 64 versions and 7 is not much heavier than XP (and has years worth of security updates more than XP).

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Also there isn't just Windows: many Linux distros target for .
Xubuntu and Lubuntu, for instance, are very responsive, use less RAM than XP SP3 and their software is always updated (e.g. you can use the latest release of Chrome or Firefox, contrary to XP SP3). No need of antiviruses and you can play most of the games shared in this forum, either natively or through Wine.
Plenty of tutorials and tips here. Try out a live distro before installing it. ;)

anoldscrewup

Nov 13, 2019
- extract it

NW.js v.0.14.7:
- (with )
- (with )

I know this is a year later, but I have Win XP, couldn't run 'Nano-Control', period. Found this link, seems to work like a charm.

Please, no guff about my "dinosaur" OS! I've heard it all before.

DQDoniQ

Feb 25, 2020
- extract it

NW.js v.0.14.7:
- (with )
- (with )

It worked perfectly tnx

DQDoniQ

Feb 25, 2020
Wow, there are people still using XP to this day? This is amazing
ofc i still got my 1.2 Ghz 512Mb DDR2 old HP laptop. that runs XP . . . 30Gb IDE HDD.
best part about it is that it can get no viruses and no pop ups. perfect for streaming anime and movies. . . . .

but i must admit its *@F# slow