VN Ren'Py Just saying hi

Sighman

Aug 17, 2020
After decades of umming and arrghhing, I finally (in my 30's) thought to try something I've always thought impossible for me to do, creating a game .

I got stuck in the first couple of minutes of SLim Games tutorial, but have found that images are supposed to be lower case...

But with the extra time Covid has given me, I am attempting to climb this steep mountain of learning.

I guess its about one step at a time.

golrim

Aug 17, 2020
Make small games first and take part in community game jams to improve your skills. You can learn a lot from trying to focus on simple projects and how to make them better. Good luck with your game dev adventure.

Reactions: Sighman

Sighman

Aug 17, 2020
Make small games first and take part in community game jams to improve your skills. You can learn a lot from trying to focus on simple projects and how to make them better. Good luck with your game dev adventure.
How do I find these community game jams?

golrim

Aug 17, 2020
Itch.io has multiple jams you can take part in and is one of the biggest sites I know at least that has a game Jam community. There also some smaller cummunities you can find within the game jam section of the site that can help you focus on whatever skill set you wish to challenge and improve on. Keep things simple and you'll learn quickly.