VN Ren'Py JPDE2 - Adagio of Darkness [Ep. 5] [JPDE]

kingthe13

Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the feedback. Although, to put the matter to rest, I didn't make the thread myself. I asked one of the site's mods/admins to make it in my stead. So I guess the rule of 'using it to reflect the current state' instead of overall intentions rings more true.

And as others in the thread mentioned, indeed. JPDE2, just like JPDE1, will have lewds when it will have lewds. The characters are young adults so compared to the first game, occasions are going to be a lot more.

But the general sentiment of people who've played the first game is that while they came for lewds and chuckles, it's everything else they stayed for. Hence the priorities as they stand.

Also: I've had some really awful experiences trying to find and keep NSFW artists long term over the years Couple that with the high price their artwork commands, and yeah. It may look like a high hurdle but I can't in good conscience go for nsfw art that is lower quality than the rest of the game's assets.
well i have respect for you for paying instead of taking the lazy way out with AI take your time

• Red Heart
Reactions: Meinos Kaen

Crimsonlights

Mar 19, 2020
Stupid question: is this a direct sequel to the first game, or is it a spiritual successor? Asking as the MC looks quite different.

Meinos Kaen

Papa Italiano
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
Stupid question: is this a direct sequel to the first game, or is it a spiritual successor? Asking as the MC looks quite different.
It is indeed a direct sequel, taking place after a three years time skip, and indeed the MC looks quite different... Wonder what happened :)

Reactions: Crimsonlights

Meinos Kaen

Papa Italiano
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
out of curioisty does rt shutting down affect this games development in any way?
Me and other devs of RWBY fan-games have been asking ourselves the same question... We don't know, it will depend on the new owners of the IP and how they decide to approach fan creations.

One question, are there only 9 pag save?
There are, yeah. I noticed that most people in JPDE1 barely used multiple saves so I decided to go with a social experiment. The way routes in JPDE2 work won't require that many saves...

Reactions: tacosnap123