Joiplay won't work with most Ren'py Games

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
SOLUTION: Don't install Joiplay from Google Play Store. Get it from for free instead.
Newest as of 06-25-2023:

——————————————————————————

Hello,

My Ren'Py games in Joiplay have started to crash more and more often.

I have installed both Joiplay and its Ren'Py plugin from the Google Play store.
JoiPlay: 1.01.701
Ren'Py Plugin: 1.01.21

For the Ren'Py plugin it is mentioned in the newest update that "Ren'Py is updated to 7.4.8", which I know is outdated by ~1½ yrs, but will that cause the crashes?

The most common error I see is one of 2 things:
1) Either it says "Loading" in black and white for a short while, then it crashes Joiplay.
2) Or it crashes Joiplay instantly.
There are no error messages.

People are complaining in the comments for the Ren'Py plugin in Google Play store, but they don't really know what's causing the problem.

I'm having no problem with older Ren'Py games. Also, new games that are released for android as an APK are no problem.

Last edited:

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
For anyone who has the same problem. The problem is that they're no longer releasing the newest versions on Google Play.

The newest versions are here: for free.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pamphlet

prosmoker1

Nov 30, 2020
First 2 lines written from "SOLUTION" ( lines 1 & 2 ) seem doubtful somewhat, ( software from google )
however google software isn't %100 all good in my experience not in terms of trust but in terms of handling delicate features in specific apps that are not functioning, functional or just plain and simple un-reliable.
data that speaks to you bad software.
"SOLUTION"

[ Google renpy_plugin = False ]

[ Patreon renpy_plugin = True ]

thank you for your post.

Prosmoker1