HansukeX

Jan 19, 2020
Imma be honest, I feel like at some point 10k resolution surpasses any actual benefit to having more pixels.

This tiny cropped section is 2560x1440 - where are the pixels going? The RGB grain? The entire image is over a tenth of a gigabyte. Are people really zooming in that much? Not hating, just curious.

View attachment 2600012
The grain/noise probably adds to the file size a bit because that's more detail that bloats the file size. I don't know why some artists add noise to their art along with chromatic aberration. Makes it look worse IMO.

As for the super high resolution, maybe some people like to crop certain parts of the art and having such a high resolution to begin with keeps the cropped portion high quality?

It's better to have higher resolution than not. You can always lower the resolution yourself if you're really worried about space or performance limitations. You can't get back detail that's lost when lowering the resolution.

Reactions: johnnybonny
Sep 1, 2020
Imma be honest, I feel like at some point 10k resolution surpasses any actual benefit to having more pixels.

This tiny cropped section is 2560x1440 - where are the pixels going? The RGB grain? The entire image is over a tenth of a gigabyte. Are people really zooming in that much? Not hating, just curious.

View attachment 2600012
I zoom in like that, and with a 4k monitor, you notice even the slightest imperfections. The reason the file size is so enormous, though, is because of the noise filter he insists on using.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnnybonny

johnnybonny

Feb 9, 2020
I zoom in like that, and with a 4k monitor, you notice even the slightest imperfections. The reason the file size is so enormous, though, is because of the noise filter he insists on using.
I have a 5K monitor myself, but the icing on the cake is that most of his images are portrait or square sized so 2/3rds of the monitor goes to waste.

HansukeX

Jan 19, 2020
I have a 5K monitor myself, but the icing on the cake is that most of his images are portrait or square sized so 2/3rds of the monitor goes to waste.
*laughs in secondary vertically oriented monitor*

Yea, I wish artists would make more landscape oriented art, but that would probably make more work for them, (making an actual background, filling in negative space, etc) so they don't bother with it as much.
You pretty much have to make your own landscape wallpapers with Janggun, maybe incorporating multiple views or zooms to fill in the negative space.

Izalith

Sep 15, 2019
Always better to be futureproof. People thought 1080 was huge back then, now it's tiny as heck. I'm already feeling the crunch not asking for some of my commissions to be 4K or even 8K.

Old visual novels are pretty much unplayable for me. Wayyy to small for me to feel comfy.

bobi121

Aug 1, 2019
I have checked the pages and i found out that a lot of people wanted to share that which i seek now. Sadly i am late to the party and all links are dead.
I am interested in two releases and would REALLY appreciate it if someone shared them. I miss only those two to be done.
The one is Janggun_2022-01_term_17. It was here but the files are no longer available.
The last one is Janggun_2020-10_term_02, one of his most early works with 2B x 9S and Hinata.
Anyone willing to share them?

something8576

Nov 18, 2018
I have checked the pages and i found out that a lot of people wanted to share that which i seek now. Sadly i am late to the party and all links are dead.
I am interested in two releases and would REALLY appreciate it if someone shared them. I miss only those two to be done.
The one is Janggun_2022-01_term_17. It was here but the files are no longer available.
The last one is Janggun_2020-10_term_02, one of his most early works with 2B x 9S and Hinata.

dont have the other one

coralablade

Nov 12, 2022
I'll try to upload 2020-10_term_02 tonight.

Reactions: bobi121
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote