Issues with Legit copies of RPGM Hurricane dot Com games

papi55

Jun 4, 2017
I've recently bought 2 different Hurricane Dot Com games straight from DLsite and neither are playable. I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is but I have no way to fix it myself.

It's throwing up a common error for Japanese RPGM games, where if you try to run them without japanese locale it can't read the files.
The exact error message is:
"Loading error
Failed to load:img/tiles1/(Japanese characters that I cannot replicate).png"

Usually japanese locale fixes that but in this case the actual file names were messed with, instead of the original japanese characters it's that mistranslated mess that windows shows when it tries and fails to display Japanese.
I'm not sure if the zip files are like this straight from the site or if ALL of my unzipping software is doing it (I've tried winrar, 7zip, and bandizip, all display the same gibberish).
I'm out of options at this point, again these are legit downloads from DLsite, that I actually bought, that I cannot play. I'll share them here if anyone wants to check for themselves.
The first being and the second being .

Do what you want with them, post them for the community if you want, I am totally fine with them being shared, even without credit, I just want to be able to play them.

papi55

Jun 4, 2017
Side note, is there a way to share these with the community without having to maintain the thread myself? I'm a bit too busy (and lazy) to maintain a thread.

papi55

Jun 4, 2017
Since the Games are both in Japanese only, they wont be allowed here as a Game Thread itself unless posted as a Translation Request.
Thanks, that's good to know. I'll probably post them there then in case someone wants to take a crack at them.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Meaning Less