Issue with rpg maker games android ports

Kahn21

Mar 9, 2018
It seems that my phone will no longer play any rpgmaker games and such that have been ported to apk files for android. Before I had no problem playing these games on my phone but now when I install and open them I just get a black screen.

An important piece of info I think might be part of it although I can't be sure is that I had recently factory reset my phone to try and clear up any files I couldn't find that were taking up space and to just generally clean out my phone

So maybe when it started back up and updated something in the update did something. Also as for the black screen, when I press the back or return button ( whichever its called) it does bring up an option to quit the game on the screen. Example: "do you wish to quit (insert game name here)? Any unsaved progress will be lost. " appears on the black screen.

I'm hoping someone on here may know the answer to what has happened or a remedy for this black screen problem.

Ryder282

Mar 10, 2018
It seems that my phone will no longer play any rpgmaker games and such that have been ported to apk files for android. Before I had no problem playing these games on my phone but now when I install and open them I just get a black screen.

An important piece of info I think might be part of it although I can't be sure is that I had recently factory reset my phone to try and clear up any files I couldn't find that were taking up space and to just generally clean out my phone

So maybe when it started back up and updated something in the update did something. Also as for the black screen, when I press the back or return button ( whichever its called) it does bring up an option to quit the game on the screen. Example: "do you wish to quit (insert game name here)? Any unsaved progress will be lost. " appears on the black screen.

I'm hoping someone on here may know the answer to what has happened or a remedy for this black screen problem.
for those with a black screen after game start of a rpgmaker mv port, don't use google chrome as webview provider.
either deinstall chrome or select android system webview in the developer options of your phone.

Credit @the66

Reactions: bas

Kahn21

Mar 9, 2018
for those with a black screen after game start of a rpgmaker mv port, don't use google chrome as webview provider.
either deinstall chrome or select android system webview in the developer options of your phone.

Credit @the66
While I can't uninstall chrome because I guess it's like a default app that comes with my phone, neither could I see an option to change the system web view in the developers options ( if that's what you were trying to say) on the other hand I could uninstall updates for android system web view which did seem to solve the problem so thank you for your help!

Reactions: Ryder282