• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Is There A Size Restriction For Signature Images?

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
^As the titles says...
My signature contains an image with a native resolution that is several times bigger than how it is displayed here. (Open it in a new tab to see for yourself)

Is there a maximal resolution? To what dimensions should I resize it?
(I don't want it to be huge, but just a bit bigger)

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
This is going to be a weird solution - but i would simply take a full hd version (that's also my screen res), put it into my sig and then look at it when posted. Use snip tool and snip the rectangle that is actually shown - voila you know how big it actually is :)

By doing that i get 300x175

Pepé Le Pew

Resident Skunk
Uploader
Game Compressor
Donor
Former Staff
Feb 3, 2017
the problem will be your aspect ratio the height is about what i would call reasonable as it is now...

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
That's weird, I've seen users with bigger images in their signatures. Perhaps that's determined by the width of the image, while the height is unlimited?

Pepé Le Pew

Resident Skunk
Uploader
Game Compressor
Donor
Former Staff
Feb 3, 2017
The width is automatic limited by the width of the post's where as the height technically is unlimited but should be within common sense... So no billboards... :p

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
There are limits

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
Sigs are definitely huge, so huge, that I disabled them from showing, because they were bigger than most the posts I was trying to read between the glaring signature clutter.

F95

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 21, 2016
Yes, max-width: 300px (changed it to 350px).

Reactions: Onysko

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Yes, max-width: 300px (changed it to 350px).
needs fixing btw, there is some gif signatures that break the size... I'll pm you when I find them