RPGM Is there a reason why WEGs made in RPGM run slowly?

• Thread starter R45X9XBozl1NGHYnAnU5
  • Start date
R

R45X9XBozl1NGHYnAnU5

Compared to Japanese RPGM like the ones on dlsite.

Do wegs dev just use bad plugins? Or are they just not very good coders? I thought the appeal of RPGM is you don't need coding skills to make a game.

Cvolyp

Aug 8, 2016
Performance-wise. Texts load slowly in a lot of games too.
Well if you really want you can use CheatEngines speedhack function to speedup whole game by how many times you want, generally 1.5x is enough to make game faster in general and still normally playable.

R

R45X9XBozl1NGHYnAnU5

Well if you really want you can use CheatEngines speedhack function to speedup whole game by how many times you want, generally 1.5x is enough to make game faster in general and still normally playable.
I'm not talking about the movement speed. Just the performance. Like when they apply the night bluish filter, the fps drops a lot. Or like dialogue takes a few seconds to load. Games like ICSTOR's, Gates: The Opening, ICCreations's are especially bad. I consider them unplayable on my computer.

Yes, I have an old laptop, but Japanese rpgm games run just fine and they have more features than wegs. Older rpgm wegs also run fine. Like Milf's Control.

I don't know what the problem is. Is the newer RPGM just shit? Do devs just use shit plugin? Or do western devs just lack the skill to properly use rpgm?

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
It's not about how many features are used but what plugin might be too much for your old laptop...
all your examples use the pre-loader plugin...which can be taxing...uses a lot more Ram in order to guarantee smooth transitions within the game...only option may be to upgrade the hardware you are using....especially the graphic card could be the limiting factor...update your drivers and if that does not help...well...upgrade your gear.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
The problem you describe happens on old AMD systems and nobody knows why.

The minute it turns nighttime in game... lag. If there's a fire, at night, with a small area lit by that fire, forgedaboudit, the game crawls to a halt, and crashes.

Doesn't happen on newer computers, and RPGMaker is obsolete, so no fix is expected.