Ren'Py Invasion of the Fucktrash [Development Thread]

Nosmel

Aug 25, 2021
FTITS promo art 3.png

Update 3/11/24 - New promo art!

Trash ominously floats towards our planet with no spaceship... and no clothes! She easily survives the cold vacuum of space, burning up in the atmosphere, and then slamming into the surface at terminal velocity... Not only is she unharmed, Trash has the greatest orgasm of her life!

Can anything subdue such an indestructible creature?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! My name is Nosmel and I'm an established writer on the site CHYOA, you can see my main story here.

After several years and lots of positive response to my writing, I've decided to begin creating my first real game called Invasion of the Fucktrash, the first entry in my planned Fucktrash Invasion Trilogy/Sextilogy (FTITS). This is how I quickly describe the first game's plot to people:

A down on his luck young man discovers an alien parasite assuming the form of a cute blonde girl that thinks of nothing but sex. Can he keep this dangerous entity from taking over the world while keeping her for his own personal use?

I have two artists working on drawing assets for me while I work on the programming and writing the game in Ren'Py. Luckily, in addition to being a writer, I already know Python pretty well, so Ren'Py has been extremely easy to use so far. I've created an animated intro, the first couple scenes, a screen that displays different scenes based on what room you're in and the state of game variables, and that's on top of having the general plot and characters of the game already mapped out pretty well.

So I was intending the game to be about that simple, but since that much was so easy already, I've begun planning out actual gameplay to go along with all of this. I'm not sure how good any of this sounds, and I might need some help balancing things to keep it fun, which is what brings me here today. Here's how I have it planned:

The main girl, Trash, is an alien who feeds exclusively on cum, and the Main Character (MC) can only ejaculate 2 or 3 times per day, so the game I have in mind involves sending Trash to various jobs that earn money based on her stats, and increasing or decreasing her hunger based on whether or not she can consume enough semen at work. These are the stats:

Sexiness - Trash's general appearance and ability to turn people on.
Prowess - Trash's ability to move, both during sex and for things like dancing.
Service - Trash's ability to do things like make sandwiches or clean the house.
Submission - Her willingness to do anything as well as her ability to follow orders.

Additionally, there will be a cleanliness stat that decreases based on the job, and of course the Hunger stat, which will increase every day until she reproduces. Then the MC has to feed two Fucktrash girls, but that ties into a different part of the storyline as well, and I don't want to give too much of the plot away here.

Each job I have planned is attached to a specific family member of the MC which evolves the job and the relationship between them based on choices made during the visual novel sections, as well as several activities at home that increase her stats at the cost of hunger, cleanliness, time, or money.

So basically I'm wondering if this sounds like a good idea as an actual game, or if I should stick with a simpler visual novel, to keep things from getting too grindy. Does anyone have any advice on balancing a system like this so things don't get too boring/repetitive without making it so easy/simple that people find no challenge or fun in it at all?

And if any of this sounds awesome to you, check out my to get an alpha the moment I have something to show everyone, or join my to talk to me directly. Thanks for your time!

Last edited:

kidicarus

Mar 5, 2024
So basically I'm wondering if this sounds like a good idea as an actual game, or if I should stick with a simpler visual novel, to keep things from getting too grindy.
Start with a simple VN. chyoa.com stories always go fuckin crazy with the options and ends up in dead ends everywhere. You gotta make sure you're not gonna have that habit.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Nosmel

Aug 25, 2021
chyoa.com stories always go fuckin crazy with the options and ends up in dead ends everywhere
No worries! This is a big part of the reason I started the project in the first place. All my CHYOA stuff has no clear direction and I wanted to write something with a clear beginning middle and end. That's why I came up with this series. You don't have to worry about too many dead ends as much as you might have to worry about only having one true ending that all branches get railroaded into.

Still, I'm already working on putting the gameplay mechanics into the game, and even if they weren't there the story is written around her getting different jobs, it would just have the game part removed. There is no additional danger of dead ends with this system, in fact I would argue I'm more likely to get dead ends with the less rigid system that allows more freedom to go in any direction than a game that needs careful balancing.