Introducing our game in development Ethernar

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Ethernar Universe

Jul 30, 2023
Hello everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself and give everyone a glimpse of our upcoming game. We're hard at work developing a fantastic game in Unity, filled with cinematic scenes, fully playable gameplay, in-game interactive animations, and so much more. Our dream is to create an open-world, story-driven experience reminiscent of titles like World of Warcraft and Zelda, among others.

Our universe is vast, featuring a plethora of characters to suit every taste. We aim for a rich, multifaceted narrative rather than a single-sided story. As of now, we're working on the initial version of the game and are set to launch it with five characters this month. For our subsequent update, we have plans to introduce more than 10 additional characters.

I'll be sharing images and exclusive content from our game specifically for the F95 forum.

Your feedback would be invaluable to us. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts! :)

For more updates our patreon link :

1.png 2.png image_2023-08-14_16-40-32.png image_2023-08-14_16-40-31 (2).png image_2023-08-14_18-58-25.png image_2023-08-14_19-02-01.png image_2023-08-14_19-02-12.png image_2023-08-14_18-58-14.png image_2023-08-14_17-16-35.png Screenshot 2023-08-14 084805.png SPIDER (2).jpg 77.png

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020
The concept art looks very good. I hope you are successful getting through to a release. I've been working on a game as well, for some time. I have been very quiet about it, because well... you know ... the first rule of fight club is .... hmm. Anyway I am hoping to release at least a preview type demo on Halloween, if I can. I noticed you mention that you are building with Unity. What do you think of that whole affair which went down recently, where the Unity folks announced the crazy monetization changes, like charging devs per install. Did that affect you guys and are you concerned about the Unity platform at all, going forward. I am using visual studio and unreal engine 5, but I have an interest in Unity as well. I am just curious, what are your thoughts about all that. I sure hope they (Unity) don't pull the kind of shenanigans that would end up hurting small devs who depend on the platform. I look forward to you guys having a successful launch. I wish you guys all sorts of awesome luck. --rabbit

edit: lol ... I just noticed my avatar over to the left there.... I've been a newbie here for 3+ years. I'm the eternal noob. yay!

Ethernar Universe

Jul 30, 2023
The concept art looks very good. I hope you are successful getting through to a release. I've been working on a game as well, for some time. I have been very quiet about it, because well... you know ... the first rule of fight club is .... hmm. Anyway I am hoping to release at least a preview type demo on Halloween, if I can. I noticed you mention that you are building with Unity. What do you think of that whole affair which went down recently, where the Unity folks announced the crazy monetization changes, like charging devs per install. Did that affect you guys and are you concerned about the Unity platform at all, going forward. I am using visual studio and unreal engine 5, but I have an interest in Unity as well. I am just curious, what are your thoughts about all that. I sure hope they (Unity) don't pull the kind of shenanigans that would end up hurting small devs who depend on the platform. I look forward to you guys having a successful launch. I wish you guys all sorts of awesome luck. --rabbit

edit: lol ... I just noticed my avatar over to the left there.... I've been a newbie here for 3+ years. I'm the eternal noob. yay!
Hey, the recent changes in Unity are definitely a red flag for the entire developer community, not just indie developers but seasoned ones as well. This is especially true considering a few big games developed in Unity, such as Genshin Impact, Tarkov, Hearthstone, etc. Our strategy will be to continue using Unity while simultaneously developing in Unreal Engine for the final version, which we plan to release on Steam. For our Patreon, we intend to stick with Unity because we want our game to be accessible to all PCs, even lower-end ones without video cards. Currently, we are investing a significant amount of time in optimizing the game. However, as mentioned, for the Steam version, we will be using Unreal Engine. On the other hand, things might change if there are shifts in Unity's leadership in the future. If you delve deep, you'll find that there's a lot happening behind the scenes at the company. Thank you for everything. We'll soon be introducing our game to the forum, and I hope everyone enjoys it :)

• Hey there
Reactions: zox95
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote