• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Interiors

hamlet17

Dec 17, 2017
I am trying to get into visual novel erotic game development, so I am mostly doing research now.

I see that there is a alot of examples and tutorial to make characters, but I am worried about interiors, because I cannot find tutorials for Daz3d for making interiors.

What is the easiest path? Can you just point me in right direction, please.

Thanks alot.

basium

Game Developer
Feb 22, 2017
How people usually do is they buy/download ready made characters/interiors/props/etc and just render them.
Like this one for example.

Reactions: a meme

a meme

Sep 26, 2017
I am trying to get into visual novel erotic game development, so I am mostly doing research now.

I see that there is a alot of examples and tutorial to make characters, but I am worried about interiors, because I cannot find tutorials for Daz3d for making interiors.

What is the easiest path? Can you just point me in right direction, please.

Thanks alot.
Easiest path is what Basium already told you. If you want to make them yourself, you'd have to model everything in Blender (or if you have money to spend you could go for 3DS max). You can also work with free assets, where you have to assemble the scenery yourself. The last method isn't that hard and makes your game unique.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

xort

Jun 1, 2017
I'm using in game footage from Skyrim, I then plaster my daz renders with transparency over top. It got quicker after I looked up the kill NPC command. Just think hidden away in my pictures are piles of bodies.

The cut and paste option likely works better for visual novel style games where people are more willing to abstract.

Thundorn

Dec 31, 2017
If you really want to do it for free just create primitives in Daz, and apply shader presets to them. Walls, floors etc, failing that you can use hexagon which will allow you to model complex geometry and is super easy to bridge with Daz Studio. tutorials for Hexagon can be found

Reactions: Socratic

hamlet17

Dec 17, 2017
Wow, how much great suggestions. Thanks guys. I think that I am most inclined to take some free assets and combine them for starters, until I see how this will go... I would definitely need commercial stuff for characters...
Any links to sites with free assets would be nice...