VN Ren'Py Abandoned Infinite Dates - [Development thread]

PoggeseH

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2021
Here we are... Greetings everyone, I'm going to post everything I got so far about the (first) game I'm working on : [Infinite Dates]

Let's begin with some characters artworks :

Characters : (I don't want to give you any spoilers so I'll keep it very short for now, giving you only generic info)
[Also don't mind the background, it's just a placeholder] [And the girls don't have shading yet so it's not the final product]

All of them don't want to be in a relationship, for different reasons (At least... at first)
You'll have to work very hard to get one of them (or more than that, but that will be even harder), in fact the game will focus a lot on teases before jumping into the real action
I'm a huge fan of slow and well defined relationship so yeah.. you can expect a lot of it, but don't worry, in the end, your effort will be rewarded!
I guess you can already tell the girls' personalities so I'll skip on that (more surprises for the actual gameplay)
There will be a lot more characters of course, cause this story will take place in :

Settings :
This game will take place in a university.
I know, I know, you already played hundreads of those, but I plan to work on something a little different
Let's talk about the locations and how they work : we start at the characters houses since they've been selected to eter this uni;
but from the parents' reactions we understand that there's something weird about it...

Again I want to avoid too many spoilers so I'll only tell you that there will be two main paths (And you can entirely avoid one or another if you make the right choices)
The Love Path and the Corruption Path : here, depending on what you like the most, you can choose to play an ultra romantic game with the most "pure" and sweet girls you'll ever see, or let the girls have fun with others too (like a trainer game)
That mainly because of the main character' role : Your role;
So, let's talk about it :

Main Character(s) :
The main character has to decide if he wants to share his girl(s) or keep them all for himself

I want the main character to have a cool personality (not cool like funny or anything else, more like a kuudere anime character, if you know what that is)

Lastly, we have

Features : (I'm not gonna implement all this on the first release)
-Affection and lust points system
-2d animations
-(Maybe) characters will blink

-Since I'm a huge fan of games where you can dress the characters up, there will be tons of outfits for the girls from which you can choose
-Club activities where you can gain points for your girls

Other infos :
It will be a f2p game of course, I have a patreon account for all those who wish to support me in the future, but I'm gonna wait for when I actually have enough material to offer
You can follow me on twitter if you want, on @Hpoggese
For when I'll be able to upload the first version : I don't know, but I'll keep updating this thread to show the game's progresses

Thank you for reading, let me know what you think here in the comments and see you on the next dev update!
(Hugh, i feel like I'm a youtuber now...)

Last edited:
Reactions: Reifon and Lerd0

Catapo

Jun 14, 2018
Any 2D VN is more than welcome in my opinion.
Here are my thoughts:

The name is odd, it doesn't reaĺly tell me anything.

The art is incomplete so I can't judge it too much yet.
I like Rosy and Amy's character designs. Not much to say about the other 2.

A kuudere MC and girls with different circumstances that need to be saved.... sounds a lot like Grisaia to me.
It's not a bad thing but you need good writing to pull that off.

From this post I can see that your english is not bad but it's also not your main language.

I'll watch this thread to see where this project is going.
Good luck with your game!

Reactions: PoggeseH

PoggeseH

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2021
Thank you for your feedback, it really helps!

I can already answer you on some things..

About the title, I was originally planning to write that it's not definitive, so yeah I'll probably change it a little bit

I never played grisaia , I'll do it now so that I can avoid making content that is too similar, if there is

Also yes, english is not my first language, I rely on my studies, so I hope I'll be able to not make heavy mistakes. Eventually, for any errors, I'll take care of them as soon as I notice

ppoiues

Sep 21, 2018
Too long didn't read, just answer those questions.

Will there be ntr and if yes will it be avoidable?

(For me avoidable means that it doesn't happen not that you can choose not to watch)

PoggeseH

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2021
No ntr, more like cuckolding

The mc's goal can be to keep the girls for himself, but you are the one that will decide if he will do that or not

That's the point of the game, it can be a romance, an harem or a trainer game depending on what you want

Last edited:

PoggeseH

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2021
Sooo... Here 's the first development update, so you can see how's going with the game so far :

Art :
I finished designs for the protagonist and another (female) character, and I reworked Rea's design
Finished the first background (I don't really like it, but sadly that's the best I can do with bgs, let me know if it's at least acceptable) [Btw, I'll apply a blur filter on every background on the game, so that you can focus on the characters instead]

here's the images (with the two bgs' variations) :

I'll try if I can improve the bg with some filter

Plot/Ideas :
The game'll use "Aff" (affection) and "Lust" points to decide/advance/change your story path.
Some choices/events will only appear if you have the quest object needed.
I already have like 70% of the story, enough for a first release and more.
I'll probably reveal more about the school on the next update here, along with the uniforms' design-

Coding :
Added gallery

Added inventory
Added day system, money system, items system, and a shop label
Added "Aff"/"Lust" stats screen
Added freeroam loop label (Where you can choose to spend time with a girl)

Most of the remaining work is about art, especially backgrounds, then I can finally start writing the script and publish the first build.
Also, I'll soon replace the old title with a better one.

Again, see you on the next update,
don't hesitate to leave a comment if you have something to suggest, or any questions

Last edited:
Reactions: Lussuria

PoggeseH

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2021
Sooo... new update!

I changed a couple things from the last one, removed some ideas I had, added others.
The most important one is that I decided to remove the ntr path, and went for a trainer/corruption one instead (So the girls will remain yours, but you can choose to train them to be bolder with others too)
I also changed the title

Features : Added a phone system where you can receive messages, photos and chat a minimum with the girls
Implemented some dating sim mechanics

Characters move a little forward to the camera when speaking

All the coding part is (more or less) finished, so I'm working on the art and the writing now

Setting/Plot : I think it's time to talk about some other plot pieces, so...
It will be a dating sim-like game (gain points to unlock events, choose different activities to interact with different girls etc.)
The protagonist is going to attend his first year at (a prestigious) university, as well as the main four girls, and there the whole story will unfold

After you've met all the girls you can start interacting with them by attending different courses after school lessons (art, gym etc.) [yes, this uni has clubs as well], and progress with their relationship
Side character girls with unlockable routes are featured
A minimum of 2 lobby (One being the corridor, where you'll decide which lesson to attend, and the other being your room, where you can hang out with your friends, girl(s)

Art : I finished the first sprites for the main girls and the protagonist, as well as a new background
Still need to draw school uniforms and backgrounds, but here's what I have now :

*As soon as I finish school backgrounds and uniforms, I'll be able to publish a demo version*

That was it for this update, as always, feel free to give me your opinions/thoughs/advices

Hope to see you in the game soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lussuria and Catapo

PoggeseH

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2021
Another update here
As you can see I changed the title's name... again, but this time it's definitive, cause I think it really suits the game

-No new feature this time (I finished coding everything since the last update)
-Changed some things in the gui to make it look better

I'm currently writing the story, drawing scenes and new characters everytime they're needed

Art : I drew a lot of new expressions for every character, two new characters as well (the mc's friends) and the title screen.
Here's the title screen the game will have :

Also there's another big news : Since I started developing this game, I was also working on another one, but... just for fun.
But since that game seems to require a lot less time and work, I already have almost enough content for a first release
So I decided that, since Infinite Dates still needs a lot of work, I'll share that game first, while continuing to develop this one as well (Not a big change for me since I've been working on both since the beginning, so the only thing that changed is that I'm gonna share the other one as well)
I'm gonna create a thread in the next few minutes (and btw the first release is probably gonna be ready by
late May
)

Again, see you in the next update (Drop by the other game's thread if you're curious about it, it's called... Ninja Brothel)

Last edited:
Reactions: Reifon