• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unreal Engine Daz Import Export

JustNotFatal

Apr 27, 2017
Hi all,

I've been recently using Daz to experiment in 3D art and whatnot. I'd like to start importing into Unreal as I think it would give Daz characters the best place to shine. I've looked at quite a few tutorials on the titled subject and they are ungodly long, old, or don't work they way presented.

Does anyone have a good and simple method to get a completed daz character with animation over to unreal?
I'm using Genesis 8 models.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
Importing isnt that hard. Export as object or fbx. Object seems most reliable. In one of the later formats . When you import into unreal you'll have to change the materials for eyemoisture and i Believe cornea to transparent. Good luck getting skeletons and animations converted over its a freaking nightmare and none of the people writing 'tutorials" etc seem to have the slightest clue what theyre doing or how to communicate