Others Image comparison

Insanepenguin91

Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Hello,

im a noob developer who is trying to make a game as hobby ( and to learn coding ) - due to machine limitations i can only render images up to a certain quality and would like an opinion on how to proceed. Below are to images on is done on daz3d with photoreal and interactive render modes. ive also attached the rendering settings im using - i guess im asking which image people would prefer in the game. if you guys have any tips on how to render at a better quality please share

upload_2018-6-9_13-20-44.png

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
FIRST and foremost Switch OFF the Render Quality settings, NOW. DONT USE it even if you have a very good PC. Trust me on this.
Now use only Max Samples and start off with 600(play with this in every scene). I have mine between 450-1200 never more really. Lighting in your scene is most important thing for render quality and even speed.
Use 3000x ???? whatever 16:9 default is. DO this test and see the results.
Then leave Rendering converce on 98.9percent and do not go higher.
Gamma turn it from 2.2 for dark scenes down to 2.1 and not more. Gamma is under Tone Mapping if i am correct.

Currently busy with this render at 3200res and 800 Max Samples...

upload_2018-6-9_22-7-44.png

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Also, if you're like me and your computer is a dinosaur, use layers when rendering. Render a VERY high quality background once with a large image size, then render just the characters in the scene with no background. Layer them in gimp or layer them in the code of the game. Saves me a lot of time, so that way I don't have to render the same background for every render in the scene.

Insanepenguin91

Game Developer
May 18, 2017
FIRST and foremost Switch OFF the Render Quality settings, NOW. DONT USE it even if you have a very good PC. Trust me on this.
Now use only Max Samples and start off with 600(play with this in every scene). I have mine between 450-1200 never more really. Lighting in your scene is most important thing for render quality and even speed.
Use 3000x ???? whatever 16:9 default is. DO this test and see the results.
Then leave Rendering converce on 98.9percent and do not go higher.
Gamma turn it from 2.2 for dark scenes down to 2.1 and not more. Gamma is under Tone Mapping if i am correct.

Currently busy with this render at 3200res and 800 Max Samples...

View attachment 110458
thanks for the advice

Insanepenguin91

Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Also, if you're like me and your computer is a dinosaur, use layers when rendering. Render a VERY high quality background once with a large image size, then render just the characters in the scene with no background. Layer them in gimp or layer them in the code of the game. Saves me a lot of time, so that way I don't have to render the same background for every render in the scene.
i was thinking of doing something like - for example render the background in interactive mode and the characters on photoreal. ill give gimp a try. thanks for the advice

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Gimp is free, lots of tutorials online. Not as good as Photoshop, but a great alternative.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
You can also Render just background as a jpg or png.
Then save your model(s) as subsets and create a new scene and import the subset models. Then create a primitive plain and in the primitive in the surfices part of the primitive plain you import your background image.

This works but it's a bit of editing, but works... Save's time and renders look good.

Reactions: blavkx

Quonix

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 21, 2017
To answer your question, I for one prefer the first image, the second one has way too much lighting, basically looks like someone is trying to blind the girl with a flashlight.