Illusion Im trying to get older looking western people out of honey select 2. Any tips?

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Ouch. You have any tips?
Mmh... I've recently got into it myself to be honest, so I hardly have any expertise in it just yet. If you asked me for Koi, I could tell a thing or two. But HS2? Eh...

Truth be told it is extremely difficult, or perhaps not so difficult as much as it is actually TIME CONSUMING to do this. The hardest thing for me so far was indeed that, to make characters that are not your standard Japanese/Asian looking or whatever.

I'd say working on the eyes is the main and one of the most important things honestly.

PotentialHooman812_

Jul 17, 2022
Yep I feel ya there if only you could edit the eyelids in more detail. I might get some non Asian cards and try reverse engineering them a bit.

Good luck with things.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mystic

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I'd start with the chin or jaw. I don't use HS/KK, so I don't know if it's possible, but the chin is way too round to be on your average American woman. If you look at your 'average' (meaning attractive, at a normal weight, etc.) American female, you notice that their chins and jaws tend to be 'flatter', or perhaps more squared. Whereas Asian women are often much rounder in both head and jaw/chin shape. Like so:

ezgif-3-7e9fcfd39b.gif download.jpg

OsamiWorks

May 24, 2020
This is my first go at an older lab tech woman, tell me what I can improve.

View attachment 1940171
You'll have a really hard time, honey select 2 is limited in what you can do and no matter how hard you try you cant get the tear duct area to be the right angle, get the jaw contour and jowels, change the nose shape and lip shape. Even when I do twist to shape that seems right it just seems off, the body also has so many issues. IMO you can kind of cheat it with makeup, mostly witheyeliner, eyeshadow, and eyelashes to get the profile right, but it will always still have a really obviously asian face underneath. The best way is to just look at reference, for me the alt girl and egirl look make for a good middle ground to cover up asian heritage traits.

Last edited:

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
In terms of Tips to achive that there is only one effective way.
Find Cards that look Western that aren't just Modded faces.
Then use them as a starting point or use something like Hooh Mutation to morph between two characters.

There should be some Cards, look for users/members that tend to make them in Discord Card Sharing thread.
With enough ABMX editing there is nothing that is impossible.
Adding wrinkles and changing the faces also a factor, faces can change the normals in addition to the texture.
Learn from the Cards and see how they do it and what works.

Last edited:
Reactions: osanaiko

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
The people talking about the limitations of HS2 - common on this site, and elsewhere, from people who have spent hundreds of dollars on Daz - don't really know what they're talking about. There are mods and tools, as well as basic morph techniques, to make characters looking perfectly western in HS2. For example, if you have one of the recent BetterRepack versions of HS2, you'll find under the general Face morph setting there are various 3rd party ageing and eye morphs. Some of them give the eye folds, so that you're no longer dealing with a monolid character (look up "monolid" to see what I mean, it is a distinctively Asian trait). Tune it up to about 60-80 in effect strength.

For basic morph techniques:
The most important page when it comes to morphing the Face is the General page, where if you scroll down (and have the mods for it) you should see lots of sliders to affect the general outline of the face. Start by altering these basic settings, then go into the specific categories (eyes, nose, etc.). As mentioned, Western people can have a bit more of a square jaw, and a bit higher cheek-bones (I think this is the "lower cheek height" setting). In general, Western faces are often a bit more 'sculpted' while Asian faces are a bit more round. Also, Western faces generally have more depth to them than Asian faces. So, if you're starting from the generic default character, increase the projection of the entire nose/T-zone somewhat. Obviously don't go overboard if you want a good-looking face. Maybe increase the forehead or brow above the eyes a bit, too. Also, Western eyes are rounder, less "slit"-like, than Asian eyes.

Combine the above with some brownish/blonde hair, blue/green/grey eyes, and a skin tone which leans more towards red/pink than yellow, and you have a perfectly Western-looking character. It is a matter of fine-tuning, though, since going overboard with these tips will just make an ugly character.

PinkDaizy

May 6, 2023
For example, if you have one of the recent BetterRepack versions of HS2, you'll find under the general Face morph setting there are various 3rd party ageing
I have the BetterRepack R13, and there are no ageing sliders.