REQ Im trying to create a game but i got a problem...

Lukazuki

Jul 22, 2017
Hey im trying to create a game but i got a problem with finding a good program for 3d modeling...So i tried to use blender,daz(but you need to spent a ton of money just to create 1 character like you want)unity,unreal engine...I mean i want to crate a game or just something like a demo first and i dont care about how the characters will look animated or photorealistic ones ,i just want to start try and maybe after some time to create my own game...So any suggestions ?

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
If you don't mind we have tons of assets for daz here on the forum (obviously it is not legal)

However probably the cheapest way is to use the engine of the Illusion games

Deleted member 498007

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2018
I'd recommend something from , but at least for UE4, you will need to rig them yourself to the epic skeleton.
I'm also very interested in where to find adult 3D models, especially if they are already rigged(I don't know how to do that yet).

Reactions: Lukazuki

Lukazuki

Jul 22, 2017
If you don't mind we have tons of assets for daz here on the forum (obviously it is not legal)

However probably the cheapest way is to use the engine of the Illusion games
thanks i will try them and i hope i can make atleast a demo if not a game :D
and btw about the honey select... so i can make a character and some animations and i can take them from the game and add them to ren'ply or something :D ???

Lukazuki

Jul 22, 2017
I'd recommend something from , but at least for UE4, you will need to rig them yourself to the epic skeleton.
I'm also very interested in where to find adult 3D models, especially if they are already rigged(I don't know how to do that yet).
well at the moment im trying too so if i succeed i can make you some i think ... :D

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
thanks i will try them and i hope i can make atleast a demo if not a game :D
Actually we have a lot of successful games here made with the illusion editor + renpy (ie corruption, mythic manor)

graykingdom

Oct 15, 2016
i'd use the the daz model with different morph targets/blendshapes or whatever 3d program you wanna use calls them.

the issue with making a 3d game is in setup and overall cost of items and the rights to use said items .

if you want them to be able to choose what the character looks like you need to setup morph target scales for each feature of the face you want them to be able to change i.e nose height, depth, size width. nose bridge depth, size height width same for the nose tip and that allows basic changes to the nose.

i.e a clothing system is easy to setup then you realize you need a large number of outfits if you want the player to be able to choose what they wear .

if you have different classes you need animation for each class that is going to be used, and for background characters such as AI that walks around the streets and or sits on benches or ppl talking on phone or talking with other ppl etc.

then there is the setup for enviroments and levels and the details for them to be real enough or close enough for ppl like the look of it.

then fine tuning for systems so it can be played on lower level hardware.

Then each product that is from a different person on the daz market place or cg trader or renderosity etc require rights for thier products and most have a fee to use them that fee is normally per item or as a dev fee to use all items they have in thier stores as a whole .

the unity and unreal market place rights cover all items in thier market places.

any car or brand name item that can be considered big normally also has a rights fee to use thier product in your game i.e if you use a free coke-a-cola models in a scene in the game odds are coke-a-cola wont be happy if the game ends up sucking and have the fight to sue for it same for cars and trucks such as ford etc .

and then on the fine tuning part if your going open world or doing level streaming for larger maps to make the load less stressful on lower end systems you need to setup the streaming distances for objects as well as how each object in those scenes cast shadows and deal with light i.e light maps.

if your doing open world you'll need to setup world composition in unreal or whatever 3d game engine you are using which handles larger worlds being streamed in and out of the cpu and gpu loads and at what distance this happens at and set loads for any big ticket higher poly count items such as main characters and larger buildings and things used alot in game such as maybe grass models etc.

then setting up collison for clothes and objects where it matters that you plan to import in the game (unless you plan to have a single character with a set story using set clothing etc )

then then then there is setup for post processing for better setting of story and effects in those levels as well as setup for materials and sfx, vsx and coding the features that you can't buy or prirate.

if your new to gaming i would say start with renpy, twine or something easier then work your way into 3d by learning whatever game engine you want to use.

Daz has alot of models with alot of morph targets predone so you can dial in characters you want to use or make your own and has alot of the material setups already done if you plan to use renders/images and image/render based animation and has alot of pirated content around. and they can be imported into blender or other 3d programs for faster render times or better quality depending on the 3d program you wish to use. (if you do use daz make sure you change sets to match your story and adjust characters you use so the characters don't overlap other games that much between your game and others. )

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It sounds like part of your problem is you start in <engine X>, you tinker a little with it, lose hope, download <engine Y> which is supposed to be <much better/easier/cooler>, tinker with it, lose hope, rinse and repeat.

Stick to one thing; pick something simple to start of with, like Ren'Py. Grab some free DAZ assets from F95. Make some test-renders. They will look spastic; this is true for everyone. Make some new ones, hopefully they will look better. Put them in the game. Test it with friends. Rinse and repeat, for a progressively larger circle of friends.

Bruce Lee said:
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.

Reactions: Donny Ranistvenich