RPGM I'm one of those....

NaughtyScales

Dec 28, 2017
I one of those, who can't programming or make arts, and only have idea for game.

Maybe little more than idea i worked on characters in long time to build their personalities and motivation to try avoid holes in story. I have RPGM for start. For art i will use probably game engine from Illusion at least temporary. And how you already understand English not my primary lang.

In short about game story. It will have adult content. Game will take place on Earth like planet, level of technology pretty much same, race are humans (but due some solar event some peoples mutate and start show abilities like aka Meta-humans, mutants or inhumans), word history are very different but humans treats are same as ours. In begin all this don't do big difference but very important in future. Plot: main hero have hellish live with step-mom and step-sister and have 1 local year to move out of house. Due finding his place in this world he will discover some secrets about his family, people around him and about himself (nope he don't have mutation).

Game mechanic i will try make simple, like time periods when do action, day/night events.

Will be grateful on guides how better use RPGMV and how better mange game development

And sorry for my "Perfect" English

Reactions: Budrick

Cyan

Jul 25, 2017
Sounds like a good idea for a game.

If you're working with a team, I typically recommend to easier coordinate with team members. Though it may not be necessary depending on how you do things, or if your development team is small/just you.

As for the RPGMV guides, typically youtube has some pretty good explanations, as well as the official . The downside of both of these sources, is that they are all in english; I don't know if that will be a problem for you or not.

NaughtyScales

Dec 28, 2017
Sounds like a good idea for a game.

If you're working with a team, I typically recommend to easier coordinate with team members. Though it may not be necessary depending on how you do things, or if your development team is small/just you.

As for the RPGMV guides, typically youtube has some pretty good explanations, as well as the official . The downside of both of these sources, is that they are all in english; I don't know if that will be a problem for you or not.
Thanks for advice
For now solo
I have idea what mechanic i need for game but it's still in process all depends on difficulty of implementation. So for now I design planet surface and in game maps. And learn about engine for temp arts.
English not a problem for me when need read or listen, only when need say or write.

xort

Jun 1, 2017
Most of the time in RPG maker is making maps, or at least it was for me. Unless you want to go crazy with extra stuff the code part is thankfully easy to do. For example your game's time cycle can be done by just making day and night time maps. Copy the map, put on a darkness filter or sun beams for early morning and now you have a map you can dump events onto that are limited to that 'time'.

I'd spend some time drawing maps, then putting your character into it and walking around to see what works from a player's point of view. Lots of stuff on youtube for learning the basics of RPG maker.

NaughtyScales

Dec 28, 2017
Copy the map, put on a darkness filter or sun beams for early morning and now you have a map you can dump events onto that are limited to that 'time'.
That make sense, I always think other peoples just do tons scripts, with this method now it's don't look so hard. Thanks

NaughtyScales

Dec 28, 2017
So far i manage implement day cycle, build schedule mechanic for NPC, some combat fetures (still need test)
Now working on texts for events. Don't have any art for now, so it will be last in check box with english proof reading.