Icstor Discussion

Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017
So I thought id make a quick thread to open up a discussion about Icstor's work. I am currently a $10 supporter and I cant help but feel kind of a lack luster feeling when I play their games.

I should say that I think the renders are great! There clearly isn't a lack of passion in their work. I think what really kind of makes supporting a hard pill to swallow is the wait time between updates. The last update to Milfs Villa just seemed so...bare. They mentioned never making two games at once and I think that will help significantly. I'm on the fence on if ill keep supporting or not. After seeing other games here like DoD I might consider switching who I support monthly.

thoughts?

Makaikishi

Sep 26, 2016
Yo money, do what you feel that is right! And you can always switch your support in the next month. I personally really love his works because of the render's quality. If i had the money i would definetly support them specially to talk about things i want to see in their games, as well as things i don't.

Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017
Yo money, do what you feel that is right! And you can always switch your support in the next month. I personally really love his works because of the render's quality. If i had the money i would definetly support them specially to talk about things i want to see in their games, as well as things i don't.
Oh yeah! dont get me wrong the renders are great and as an added bonus Icstor did answer a couple PMs from me so bonus points for that.

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
I agree with you about Milf's Villa lackluster updates, but IS2 updates have had a ton of content in them. Plus with him being one of the few developers to actually finish more than one game, hes one of the developers that I actually trust.

Also his milf's are hot :p

Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017
I agree with you about Milf's Villa lackluster updates, but IS2 updates have had a ton of content in them. Plus with him being one of the few developers to actually finish more than one game, hes one of the developers that I actually trust.

Also his milf's are hot :p
Oh yeah his milfs are good! Maybe I just need to go back through and play all of his games again. Just needs to remove the strange sound effect lol

Reactions: Krull

Makaikishi

Sep 26, 2016
I know what you guys meant, an in my opinion pretty much every game is having small updates, even those who devs are getting a nice $ monthly. I guess that is just how things are, when i like so much a game it will always looks small because i want it to last forever with huge amount of content. But that is not the reality of Erotic games since we dont have any industry of it.
Every once in while i get sad when i remember when i was 12 and dreamed on how the games would be awesome and have a lot of perv stuff, but then the political correctness ruined everything =/

Reactions: jackkane and Krull

Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017
I know what you guys meant, an in my opinion pretty much every game is having small updates, even those who devs are getting a nice $ monthly. I guess that is just how things are, when i like so much a game it will always looks small because i want it to last forever with huge amount of content. But that is not the reality of Erotic games since we dont have any industry of it.
Every once in while i get sad when i remember when i was 12 and dreamed on how the games would be awesome and have a lot of perv stuff, but then the political correctness ruined everything =/
I never realized just how much some of these creators make. I think one is up to $17,000 a month. Thats a nice chunk of change to render all day lol

Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017
Boi, some of them makes almost 30k. There is also the ones who hide their patreon incoming which seems weird to me because i think transparency is essential.
That's why it kind of confuses me on why it takes so long. I know there is probably more work then what we see but for that much money you would think pushing content would be #1

Makaikishi

Sep 26, 2016
Also it doesn't mean that is just 1 person getting all the money, normally they are teams, which means that money will be splitted so... not always they get much money, individually at least.

Makaikishi

Sep 26, 2016
That's why it kind of confuses me on why it takes so long. I know there is probably more work then what we see but for that much money you would think pushing content would be #1
Well i know a little about that. Every person has its own timing for doing things, be it skill, dedication, creativit or something else. And i guess that we only understand when we try to do something like they do, otherwise is just speculations.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I only support 2 games at the moment which are Dreaming of Dana and Teachers Pets, as soon as Innana has had a couple more updates i'll support that too.

I'm a bit fussy with my money, i'll only support those who got me hooked on story and writing. That's only happened 3 times here, the other being Ethan's Legacy but that's abandoned now so no point paying now.

As far as Icstor goes, his stuff is okay for a once over but it isn't anything i'd be willing to put my money into. It's nothing special.

Boi, some of them makes almost 30k. There is also the ones who hide their patreon incoming which seems weird to me because i think transparency is essential.
I do have to disagree with you there. It's not our business how much money someone makes, a persons financial income isn't something people should be forced to share.

Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017
I only support 2 games at the moment which are Dreaming of Dana and Teachers Pets, as soon as Innana has had a couple more updates i'll support that too.

I'm a bit fussy with my money, i'll only support those who got me hooked on story and writing. That's only happened 3 times here, the other being Ethan's Legacy but that's abandoned now so no point paying now.

As far as Icstor goes, his stuff is okay for a once over but it isn't anything i'd be willing to put my money into. It's nothing special.

I do have to disagree with you there. It's not our business how much money someone makes, a persons financial income isn't something people should be forced to share.
I think you touched on something that I didn't think about at first. His games are good for a first play through but I wouldn't really want to go back through. Id be more inclined to just look through the renders.

Thanks BTW I hadnt heard of spaceship Inanna and now have something new to check out!

Reactions: Gomly1980

Makaikishi

Sep 26, 2016
Yes, a personal finances yes, but Patreon projects are totally donation based therefore the transparency it's needed.

Reactions: pcg50

Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017
Yes, a personal finances yes, but Patreon projects are totally donation based therefore the transparency it's needed.
I wouldn't call them donations though because we are getting a product in return. I get your point though that maybe it would be better to some to show how much they are making. But personally I would be deterred from throwing money at them if I couldn't see what they are making.

Reactions: DBOO and Makaikishi

Makaikishi

Sep 26, 2016
I wouldn't call them donations though because we are getting a product in return. I get your point though that maybe it would be better to some to show how much they are making. But personally I would be deterred from throwing money at them if I couldn't see what they are making.
Yeah but the Creators don't have the obligation to delivery or refund anything, we contribute based on promises only, since there is no guarantee that they will delivery something or finish the project, and we all know that this happened a lot. When it comes to money, transparency is the right thing to do.
It's not like asking them to expose how they spend the money, how much is their rent, how they split the money, etc. Just showing their monthly incoming is enough.

Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017
Yeah but the Creators don't have the obligation to delivery or refund anything, we contribute based on promises only, since there is no guarantee that they will delivery something or finish the project, and we all know that this happened a lot. When it comes to money, transparency is the right thing to do.
It's not like asking them to expose how they spend the money, how much is their rent, how they split the money, etc. Just showing their monthly incoming is enough.
Yeah fair enough. Don't get me wrong I don't necessarily disagree with you but I also see from a creators side why they might hide their funding amount.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Why is it needed?

I've never heard one good reason why anyone needs to know how much someone is making.

Quite frankly, it's none of you business.

They make a game and you decide to donate to it, you have no need to know how much they are making and they are under no obligation to show it.

Reactions: DiabloVerde

supanova999

Jul 1, 2017
Why is it needed?

I've never heard one good reason why anyone needs to know how much someone is making.

Quite frankly, it's none of you business.

They make a game and you decide to donate to it, you have no need to know how much they are making and they are under no obligation to show it.
To assess the health of the project. No one is asking for their bank details.