I want to learn HTML

everythingsok

Aug 11, 2018
Hello eveyone!
I want to make a game like "The Company". Is there a any good tutorial videos on the web you can suggest me?
Thankyou for reading.
Have a great day(y)

TheDragonoyd

Jan 20, 2019
HTML is pretty interesting. I wish would respond to this thread, so i could gain some information on the subject as well.

But hey, i think YouTube must have some basic stuff that might help, i guess.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Hmmm

Static Web page are most times "only" using HTML, CSS amd perhaps PHP. As HTML and CSS are description languages, at least for HTML version < 5.

On the server side you can "produce" a HTML or CSS file with pretty much every computer language I known.

Most browser games are running on the local computer and therefore use some language that can run in the browser. The few I know are Javascript and (Java or Flash). Java and Flash I personally would not recommend for this.

If you don't want to develop your own game engine, then use some that are already there. If I'm not wrong, the one "The company" use is Twine.

For the general learning of HTML is one side.

HiEv

Sep 1, 2017
I want to make a game like "The Company". Is there a any good tutorial videos on the web you can suggest me?
"The Company" was made using Twine with the SugarCube story format. So, you could actually import that HTML file into Twine is you wanted to take a look at its source.

I put together , which has a bunch of useful links (no videos though) if you want to develop your own Twine game.

Good luck! :)

D

Deleted member 1063287

has tutorials specifically catered towards developing twine games, be it functionality(variables, statements) or visuals (HTML, CSS).

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
As @HiEv mentioned, the game was made with a game making tool/engine called Twine. SugarCube is like a sort of plug in you use to make a certain type of game in twine.

At first I thought you were asking to make a game in HTML. I have tried making my own game engine with HTML, but it basically comes down to mostly javascript and WebGL to make more interesting graphical effects. Not the greatest use of my time to make a custom game engine though, but it was a learning experience none the less.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I found W3schools, an interesting site, thanks for letting me know about it!